Odd One Out

Comments

• R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    SIS_HQ wrote: »
    R1s1ngs0n wrote: »
    All four films have a female character die with her eyes open.
    YOLT - Aki
    LALD - Rosie
    TMWTGG - Andrea
    LTK - Della OOO as not romantically involved with Bond.

Interesting, and a step toward the answer (death is relevant), but that's not it.
    Let’s try this.
    Helga, Rosie, Andrea and Della are all killed by a villain.
    All women are killed offscreen and are later found by Bond, except from Helga whose execution happens onscreen and does not feature Bond.

Rosie was killed onscreen too via that scarecrow with a hidden gun.
    We see the scarecrow firing, but the moment of the bullet’s impact and Rosie falling dead is not shown… hence, offscreen.

• SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited September 2023 Posts: 3,391
    All of these Bond Girls have a love triangle to go along with Bond, but LTK is the OOO because only Lupe made it out alive?

Pam - Lupe (alive)
    Solitaire - Rosie (dead)
    Kissy - Aki (dead)
    Mary - Andrea (dead)

All of those minor Bond Girls also have a romantic relationship with Bond, other than the main one, but they're both dead, with LTK, there's Lupe, but she's made it out alive.

If that's the case, I can also include MR, as there's Corrine to Holly, both made love with Bond and maybe another love triangle too, but Corrine was killed and Holly made it out alive too.
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart
    All of these Bond Girls have a love triangle to go along with Bond, but LTK is the OOO because only Lupe made it out alive?

Pam - Lupe (alive)
    Solitaire - Rosie (dead)
    Kissy - Aki (dead)
    Mary - Andrea (dead)

Close enough! Only LTK has both main girls survive the film.

If you wanna do one, go for it!

Pam - Lupe (alive)
    Solitaire - Rosie (dead)
    Kissy - Aki (dead)
    Mary - Andrea (dead)

Well, thanks. 😊
    As much as I want to, but there's still @QBranch 😅 I'm afraid.

But anyway, as I'm thinking (and waiting) for an answer regarding @QBranch's question, here it is for a while (I expect this to be easy).

OP
    TMWTGG
    LALD
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Maybe he tosses two of the coins.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2023 Posts: 13,950
    Not what I'm looking for. New clue I can't believe I hadn't thought of until now:

Mr Bont from The Simpsons
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Bont tosses a coin to escape, but it's not about tossing it or saving his life. He uses two of the coins to escape but uses the one in OHiMSS to stop the baddie? Whatever this is seems very specific.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld

Pam - Lupe (alive)
    Solitaire - Rosie (dead)
    Kissy - Aki (dead)
    Mary - Andrea (dead)

Well, thanks. 😊

But anyway, as I'm thinking (and waiting) for an answer regarding @QBranch's question, here it is for a while (I expect this to be easy).

OP
    TMWTGG
    LALD

In all three films disguises, but in LALD it is the villain that uses disguise.

OP Toro Clown by Bond
    TMWTGG Scaramanga by Bond
    LALD Mr Big by Kananga

mtm wrote: »
    Bont tosses a coin to escape, but it's not about tossing it or saving his life. He uses two of the coins to escape but uses the one in OHiMSS to stop the baddie? Whatever this is seems very specific.
    Specific perhaps, but way simpler than where you're heading. Yes, it is about tossing a coin, something @007HallY actually touched on, though that wasn't their guess. Mr Bont tosses a coin up in the air and we see the coin rotating, but the connection is not about stopping the baddie or escaping. Remember at the start of the round, I said it's something that happens in the first chapter of the book. C'mon @mtm, you are SO close!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    He plays heads or tails and does a magic trick with it. Not sure he does those with the others, nor does James Bont.
    He plays heads or tails and does a magic trick with it. Not sure he does those with the others, nor does James Bont.
    That's pretty much it, I'm happy with that answer. Bond simply flips a coin up in the air and catches it. In the first chapter of OHMSS23, Bond flips up a coin and catches it. In Everything or Nothing, Q's assistant Miss Nagai hands Bond the EMP coin grenade, to which he flips it up in the air and catches it to show off perhaps. From memory, this does not happen with Mr Bont, but seeing him flip the coin should remind us that the general action is to catch it. FRWL obviously doesn't show Bond doing this.

EON EMP grenade - Bond flips the coin and catches it
    OHMSS23 King Charles - Bond flips the coin and catches it
    FRWL gold sovereign - Bond does not flip a coin and catch it = OOO

52995804771_c1c50d116e_o.gif

Good job @mtm.
    thedove wrote: »

Pam - Lupe (alive)
    Solitaire - Rosie (dead)
    Kissy - Aki (dead)
    Mary - Andrea (dead)

Well, thanks. 😊

OP
    TMWTGG
    LALD

In all three films disguises, but in LALD it is the villain that uses disguise.

OP Toro Clown by Bond
    TMWTGG Scaramanga by Bond
    LALD Mr Big by Kananga

Interesting answer, but not what I'm finding for.

It has something to do with the scenes involving both Bond and the Bond girl

52995804771_c1c50d116e_o.gif

Good job @mtm.

Great job! @mtm congratulations, truly worthy of that recognition for such a very difficult round!

Anyway, I'm laughing at their hands in that game, was the girl gave that coin to Bond? Or Bond get that coin from her hand?

Their hands when the coin was transferred to Bond, just caught my tickle a bit, it's a bit confusing.

How games do improved nowadays compared then, in terms of visual effects, you know what they're hands are doing.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Oh great; I must admit that’s what I meant by ‘tossing the coin’: the coin toss in a sports game is usually heads or tails!

SIS has one on the go so happy for her to take over.
    Anyway, I'm laughing at their hands in that game, was the girl gave that coin to Bond? Or Bond get that coin from her hand?
    A little bit of both I'd say, since Bond is full flirting with her in the scene proper, much to Q's annoyance. Would be great to see such a scene in the films.
    Oh great; I must admit that’s what I meant by ‘tossing the coin’: the coin toss in a sports game is usually heads or tails!
    Yes, it was a bit difficult to direct the round and word things carefully since he doesn't worry about heads or tails in the video game. Went for a simple 'catch in the hand' to cover both bases.
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    All 3 films feature a henchman attempting a sneak attack on the Bond girl while she’s in bed.
    OP - Yo-yo thug attacks Bond and Octopussy from above.
    TMWTGG - a knife wielding Nick Nack almost gets the drop on Bond and Goodnight.
    LALD would be OOO as Solitaire is waiting for Bond in bed when Tee-Hee comes to visit.
    All 3 films feature a henchman attempting a sneak attack on the Bond girl while she’s in bed.
    OP - Yo-yo thug attacks Bond and Octopussy from above.
    TMWTGG - a knife wielding Nick Nack almost gets the drop on Bond and Goodnight.
    LALD would be OOO as Solitaire is waiting for Bond in bed when Tee-Hee comes to visit.

You're on the right track, but a wrong OOO.

But it's an interesting answer I've never thought!
    OP Climax on a plane
    TMWTGG Climax on a boat
    LALD Climax on a train

OP is OOO has the vehicle in the climax is destroyed with the villain inside!
    OP Climax on a plane
    TMWTGG Climax on a boat
    LALD Climax on a train

OP is OOO has the vehicle in the climax is destroyed with the villain inside!

Right OOO but wrong guess.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Not to be distasteful, but is it that Bond has his wicked way with a lady on a boat in all of them, but in OP it's kind of after the film ends?
    Nope, try to look at the pattern of my replies and you may get the right answer.
    Okay lets think of this.

OP Vijay is Bond's ally and is killed
    TMTWGG Hip is Bond's ally and lives
    LALD Leiter is Bond's all and lives

OP is OOO as the major ally dies in the movie.
    Okay lets think of this.

OP Vijay is Bond's ally and is killed
    TMTWGG Hip is Bond's ally and lives
    LALD Leiter is Bond's all and lives

OP is OOO as the major ally dies in the movie.

Nope still, try to look at here, it's just he got the wrong OOO (which you've got right).

You have the chance to get it right, @thedove
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    @SIS_HQ
    We see three Bond girls in their own bed, where they have sex.
    Bond has sex with Solitaire and Goodnight in the bed of the villain.
    Bond has sex with Octopussy in her own bed, not the villain. And the bed is destroyed by a deadly yo-yo...
    I feel like the golfer whose got the ball three inches from the hole and then can't knock it in.

OP villains attack Bond and OP while in bed, OP joins in the fight
    TMWTGG villain attacks Bond and Goodnight, Goodnight stands by and watches
    LALD villain attacks Bond and Solitaire in bed, Solitaire is captive during the attack

OP is OOO as the Bond girl joins in the fight.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Or OP is the only one not in a vehicle maybe.
    Okay, I'll give you guys a clue:

Okay, those three films shared the same scenarios of bed scenes with Bond and the Bond Girl being attacked by a villain.

It only differs when it happened (technically).
    OP fight occurs in middle of the film
    TMWTGG fight occurs at the end of the film
    LALD fight occurs at the end of the film

OP is OOO as the fight is in the middle of the film

Yes! That's it!
    Both LALD & TMWTGG ends with Bond and the Bond Girl making love on the bed but attacked by the villain.
    Meanwhile, that same scene in OP, happened at the middle of the film instead of the finale.

Okay, I'll give you this, @thedove
    Congratulations! 👏
    Wow I made the putt! Great round @SIS_HQ

Here is one:
    • YOLT
    • LALD
    • QOS
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    edited September 2023 Posts: 4,398

Yes! That's it!
    Both LALD & TMWTGG ends with Bond and the Bond Girl making love on the bed but attacked by the villain.
    Meanwhile, that same scene in OP, happened at the middle of the film instead of the finale.

Okay, I'll give you this, @thedove
    Congratulations! 👏

Bond isn't in the bed, only Solitaire, when Tee-Hee interrupts them.
    Just saying, I still liked this round.