Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    peter wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    We are on our way to NYC today to see Daniel Craig in Macbeth (tomorrow evening). We have front and Center tickets… spear-headed by my wife, a gorgeous Pilates instructor who salivates over Craig….

Some people need to repeat things on loop hoping they can create an echo chamber.

Silly.

Ah wow, have a great time. Well done for getting the tickets, I can imagine they were pretty hot.
    I won't spoil the end for you :D

Thanks @mtm — 😂!!

I'd say post a photo of your gorgeous wife. Perhaps we could form a second opinion on her beauty.

@JeremyBondon I think you’re overstepping the mark there mate.
    Reign it in.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Benny wrote: »
    We are on our way to NYC today to see Daniel Craig in Macbeth (tomorrow evening). We have front and Center tickets… spear-headed by my wife, a gorgeous Pilates instructor who salivates over Craig….

Some people need to repeat things on loop hoping they can create an echo chamber.

Silly.

Ah wow, have a great time. Well done for getting the tickets, I can imagine they were pretty hot.
    I won't spoil the end for you :D

Thanks @mtm — 😂!!

I'd say post a photo of your gorgeous wife. Perhaps we could form a second opinion on her beauty.

@JeremyBondon I think you’re overstepping the mark there mate.
    Reign it in.

If overstepping the mark means making a tongue in cheek remark about a guy boasting about his wife's extraordinary beauty, then sure I'll reign it in.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Perhaps we could form a second opinion on her beauty.

Tongue in cheek or not, you don't think that might be offensive to @peter ?
    It clearly was meant as tongue in cheek, so no. Banter is what it's called, as he clearly boasted about his wife's profound beauty. Bit of a lad remark, so no, not meant as offensive, so it shouldn't be taken as offensive either. Of course @peter wouldn't post a photo on here, who would?
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    Personally I was hoping Peter would post a photoshoppped picture of Aidan Turner in drag. ;))
    Personally I was hoping Peter would post a photoshoppped picture of Aidan Turner in drag. ;))

Haha, that would've been on the mark
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I’m easy to find on Instagram @JeremyBondon

I’ve always said, I dont hide behind anything. Keeps me honest.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    As an update: MacBeth was brilliant. Craig was electric. We were in the front row and we quite literally could touch him if we leaned forward. Jaw-dropping performance. This MacBeth started as a buffoon and was clueless; he was never in control, so by Act II he’s thrashing and scheming wildly in desperation as he sees everything slipping from his grasp.

Ruth Negga as Lady M was seductive, charming and my only complaint is that when she descended into madness, I feel the play gave this part too short a time. Negga was stunning and her performance quite literally shook the ground (when she screamed to the heavens upon her death scene), and combined with Craig, they made quite the deadly duo.

Feel free to pop over to IG at sheldrickpeter. More pics to come.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Gosh sounds amazing. I do have quite a soft spot for Macbeth (the play, not the guy!).
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Gosh sounds amazing. I do have quite a soft spot for Macbeth (the play, not the guy!).

@mtm my wife and I went with two friends who are stage actors in NY, and they’ve both done MacBeth several times each over the years; their jaw hit the ground with how beautifully the lighting and stage design married with the text. They said it was one of the best productions they’ve seen, and certainly the best MacBeth. Both were shocked with how Craig and Sam Gold (the director), approached the role. Instead of opening as the heroic warrior (he was still this), he played it so cluelessly; he was “just” a loyal warrior and his only function, until meeting the Witches, was as Duncan’s pitbull and he seemed blissful in this role…. and then everything changed for he and Lady M once the “curse” dripped into their ear…
    I’m still buzzing from the show, so now we are taking a longggg bike ride from Brooklyn into Manhattan, 😂
    As an update: MacBeth was brilliant. Craig was electric. We were in the front row and we quite literally could touch him if we leaned forward. Jaw-dropping performance. This MacBeth started as a buffoon and was clueless; he was never in control, so by Act II he’s thrashing and scheming wildly in desperation as he sees everything slipping from his grasp.

Ruth Negga as Lady M was seductive, charming and my only complaint is that when she descended into madness, I feel the play gave this part too short a time. Negga was stunning and her performance quite literally shook the ground (when she screamed to the heavens upon her death scene), and combined with Craig, they made quite the deadly duo.

Feel free to pop over to IG at sheldrickpeter. More pics to come.

Oh I wish I could see it!
    It does sound great.
  • CharmianBondCharmianBond Pett Bottom, Kent
    Same, I am jealous. But I'm glad is it as good as people are saying and that you had a lovely time @peter
    In the interest of throwing new names into the hat, Freddy Carter from Shadow and Bone has an interesting face; striking rather than handsome, he's got a good villain face, which maybe is not a bad thing for Bond. But I don't know.
    90omIPq.jpg
    I thought he was very good in Shadow and Bone (though the young cast are all good, imo), and coincidentally he's the brother of Tom Austen, who also has been mentioned here for 007. In real life his voice is a bit higher than ideal; I notice he deepens it for the show.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Same, I am jealous. But I'm glad is it as good as people are saying and that you had a lovely time @peter

🙏🏼 @CharmianBond !!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited July 2022 Posts: 5,979
    I think Josh O'Connor would be a good choice. And he's the right age.

Plus add Olivia Colman as M.
  • edited July 2022 Posts: 784
    I honestly don’t understand why people would be against a black Bond. He is one of the few fictional characters I could see plausibly changing ethnicity (have a hard time seeing him Chinese or Hindu though, perhaps because we haven’t seen their Idris Elba counterparts).

On another note, I can’t let go of how much Tom Doherty reminds of Sean Connery. Would be sad not to see him in the role out of pure nostalgia.

FWSECyAXEAA6b3X?format=jpg&name=large
    FWSJ1vHXoAUdUQ1?format=jpg&name=large
    I honestly don’t understand why people would be against a black Bond. He is one of the few fictional characters I could see plausibly changing ethnicity (have a hard time seeing him Chinese or Hindu though, perhaps because we haven’t seen their Idris Elba counterparts).

On another note, I can’t let go of how much Tom Doherty reminds of Sean Connery. Would be sad not to see him in the role out of pure nostalgia.

You might consider Henry Golding
  • edited July 2022 Posts: 784
    Since62 wrote: »

You might consider Henry Golding

Nope. I would pick Ken Jeong or Bruce Lee over him.

Or this random guy on Google.
    2a84c10fbf920e34f51da958b50eea9f.jpg

Henry Golding looks too sweet and friendly, even if he is very good at acting sleazy. Would have a really hard time if it was between him and Rege Jean Page.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

I can definitely see the Connery resemblance, especially in the bottom pic. If he can act, that's a good suggestion mate
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    He's very handsome :).
    Tom Doherty on looks alone would deserve an audition, although he does look a tad soft right now.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

I know him from the Gossip Girl reboot series where he plays a raging bisexual hogh school student. Very good actor. Had no clue he was Scottish.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited July 2022 Posts: 11,139
    Double post
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    edited July 2022 Posts: 1,351
    I just heard on a podcast that Nicholas Hoult was close to getting the role of Rooster in Top Gun:Maverick which ended up going to Miles Teller. He of course also was the other finalist for The Batman, where he lost out to Robert Pattinson and little light googling showed that he also apparently was in talks for Jon Snow in Game of Thrones. So, if we continue that line of thinking, he'll screentest for Bond but won't get it...

Edit: Oh and I forgot that he was already signed to be the villain in the two upcoming Mission Impossible films, but covid delays let to scheduling conflicts.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I just heard on a podcast that Nicholas Hoult was close to getting the role of Rooster in Top Gun:Maverick which ended up going to Miles Teller. He of course also was the other finalist for The Batman, where he lost out to Robert Pattinson and little light googling showed that he also apparently was in talks for Jon Snow in Game of Thrones. So, if we continue that line of thinking, he'll screentest for Bond but won't get it...

Edit: Oh and I forgot that he was already signed to be the villain in the two upcoming Mission Impossible films, but covid delays let to scheduling conflicts.

He’s one of my top candidates. He has no tangible connection to a major franchise; that’s a plus.
    Hoult’s a bit like Matt Smith for me, in how he doesn’t look as tough as my ideal Bond probably would, but I’d still be open to him doing it. I could see him bringing a lighter touch to it again, but he’s also a really good dramatic actor. Out of the Skins graduates though, I prefer Jack O’Connell.
    Nicholas Hoult ?!!? What ?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Since62 wrote: »
    Nicholas Hoult ?!!? What ?

Don’t you think he’s a good actor @Since62 ? He’s quite handsome. Has screen charisma. A little more lean mass on his frame would go a long way. But he would bring elements far different from Craig.

I prefer edgier actors, but if they were going with a lighter touch, I’d give this guy a chance.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Hoult still seems one of the more likely ones to me because of his screen experience.