Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Shardlake wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    If he doesn't get the role the Turner fan club are going to look very foolish.
    Foolish? Hardly. What a ridiculous, condescending comment.

Why is it?

Some of us are sick of hearing how Lord Almighty Turner is the chosen one, the heir apparent.

The almost arrogance of his disciples that no one else is suitable Jerzy Bonbon is no better with his If Babs has any sense he is the man.

He is a given, how utterly absurd.

You childish choice of words , “ Lord Almighty “ “arrogance““ disciples “
    He has his supporters, as do others.
    Did Turner once steal a girlfriend from you? 😏

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England

Why is it?

Some of us are sick of hearing how Lord Almighty Turner is the chosen one, the heir apparent.

The almost arrogance of his disciples that no one else is suitable Jerzy Bonbon is no better with his If Babs has any sense he is the man.

Now you are being silly.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier

Why is it?

It kind of reeks of Panchito.... Oh dear 🤪
    Guys, cmon now.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    Jason+Isaacs+International+Press+Academy+16th+k5IO2wkdUvbl.jpg

I know he's too old now, but missed opportunity? I think so.
    I always thought so too, @Octopussy
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    cwl007 wrote: »
    Here's a new name suggestion (I don't recall him being mentioned before, let's put it that way) ...
    Ed Skrein.
    British, tall, decent actor, looks good. Any thoughts?

Like Hoult not the Bond type. Not to me anyway. Looks like a henchman tbf.

Skrein - British, tall, rubbish Z list actor, looks like a henchman. No IMO.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    cwl007 wrote: »
    Here's a new name suggestion (I don't recall him being mentioned before, let's put it that way) ...
    Ed Skrein.
    British, tall, decent actor, looks good. Any thoughts?
    His gravestone teeth rule him out.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    I haven't noticed his teeth. I'll have a look.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Now you mention it nearly every google image of him has him with his mouth closed, may be he has a hang up about his teeth.
    Octopussy wrote: »

Not a bad call. Certainly a sensible/ viable suggestion. Unlike so many on here!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    I wish
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRDLuS2JiC6Xb69D0_Abwb9B8B9GOZOmyyM-pT_R_qQ1AQgYDal
  • Starting to warm to Nicholas Hoult.....looks like a leading man in weighting. Let's wait till the Mission Impossible set photos. But I'm seeing serious potential. Especially in light of him being a finalist for Batman.

Secondly, I have my eye on Jamie Dornan. Hopefully he has a good 2020 and gets his name out there more. Without the context of being that Fifty-Shades-guy....

Thirdly, another name I feel is on the verge of stardom is Harris Dickinson....he's the new lead of Kingsman. He has something about him. I'm thinking if they do the young Bond thing again. He will be considered.

• JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    edited February 2020 Posts: 1,318
    Starting to warm to Nicholas Hoult.....looks like a leading man in weighting. Let's wait till the Mission Impossible set photos. But I'm seeing serious potential. Especially in light of him being a finalist for Batman.

Secondly, I have my eye on Jamie Dornan. Hopefully he has a good 2020 and gets his name out there more. Without the context of being that Fifty-Shades-guy....

Thirdly, another name I feel is on the verge of stardom is Harris Dickinson....he's the new lead of Kingsman. He has something about him. I'm thinking if they do the young Bond thing again. He will be considered.

Oh look, Twink Time is on again, with your ever salivating host Pierce2daniel
  • Strong man crush vibes.
  • Strong man crush vibes.

Harris Dickinson is a serious babe though

tenor.gif?itemid=16007886

Screenshot-2019-07-15-at-11.06.50-AM.png

• edited June 2022 Posts: 693

Absolutely. Wish we'd had him instead of Brosnan. Loads of charisma and screen presence. Would have been first Jewish Bond too!
    Getafix wrote: »

Absolutely. Wish we'd had him instead of Brosnan. Loads of charisma and screen presence. Would have been first Jewish Bond too!

And he could have been Bond from 1995 to 2020, as far as I'm concerned.

But...I do love Brosnan and Craig. So...maybe in an alternate universe, like the one on his series The OA. He's brilliant on that, btw.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Strong man crush vibes.
    Harris Dickinson is a serious babe though
    You're not wrong haha :D

- but I haven't really seen his chops and think he's too baby faced to be seriously considered at the moment, but who knows what'll happen in a few years time.
    Starting to warm to Nicholas Hoult.....looks like a leading man in weighting. Let's wait till the Mission Impossible set photos. But I'm seeing serious potential. Especially in light of him being a finalist for Batman.

Oh look, Twink Time is on again, with your ever salivating host Pierce2daniel

All awful suggestions.

The first looks nothing like Bond, the 2nd is wooden as an actor and the third again looks nothing, I mean absolutely nothing like a Bond. All laughable IMO.

Could have been interesting I agree.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    I have never ever considered hello to Jason Issacs as Bond before. However that photo of him a few posts back, I'm thinking shit he'd have given it a right good go, some proper Dalton vibes in the that photo, especially the eyes.
    Oh the guy has proper book-Bond looks and vibes. Definitely a wasted opportunity, IMO.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.

Bondstein... James Bondstein.

In all seriousness, though, he would've be fantastic and he actually looks a lot like Fleming's Bond, IMO. Despite being too old to portray Bond now, I'd love to see him in a film, perhaps as M or even a villain.

Bondstein... James Bondstein.

In all seriousness, though, he would've be fantastic and he actually looks a lot like Fleming's Bond, IMO. Despite being too old to portray Bond now, I'd love to see him in a film, perhaps as M or even a villain.

He doesn’t look Jewish and he looks like Fleming’s Bond.
    Recently watched the trailer for Gangs of London. I’ve been touting Sope Dirisu as a talent to keep your eye on for a while. Boy can he kick ass - this trailer has convinced me that he’s a serious prospect for the next Bond....aside from Idris, he’s the only minority actor from the UK I can imagine playing Bond. If this show is as good as it looks, he’d be my new favourite.........

Some more Bondian photos....

sope-dirisu-attends-the-dunhill-prebafta-dinner-at-dunhill-bourdon-picture-id1094587234?s=612x612

Man, now I really want a grumbly James Bond.
    I would have loved to see Jason Isaacs as Bond. Now he's too old.

Apparently in spite of often playing tough guys he's a real wuss in real life, by his own admission.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    BOND. IS. NOT. BLACK. Period.

I’m a Black man, but even I have to call out the ridiculousness of the “Black-washing” of specific fictional characters, in this case, James Bond. Like...why? If you want a Black actor to portray a Black spy - whether he’s English, American, or whatever the case may be - write an original character with that specific racial identity or attribute.

It’s one of the reasons why I went into theatre and became fascinated by playwriting as part of my curriculum - it gave me the agency to put my ideas of identity and representation to paper. Because simply casting an actor as a character for the sake of race is asinine.