Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• cwl007cwl007 England
    With the inevitability of an unloved season.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 6,677
    Then I guess it's Aidan Turner time!

f5bcc1fe51330005b52a1eb6edbee543.gif

6dd5e40e3c93d2082a3b32293b0fe786.gif

da9255a55591eae890bac44793c4ccf6.gif

:-D
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    This has always been my favourite shot of Aiden Turner @Univex Feels like something ripped off the front cover of some edition of a Fleming James Bond novel.

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Ff41e8b7a-88da-11e6-a2fd-acf8ba5605c0.jpg?crop=2462%2C3078%2C40%2C388
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited February 2020 Posts: 7,526
    My guy:
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    He does facial hair quite often but looks the part without it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    My guy:
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

I would be absolutely be on board with Evans' casting. The has the perfect blend of rough and smooth, never too much one way or the other. The fact he's Welsh has nothing to do with it... well, ok maybe a little.

Damn, that upper gif positively radiates Bond.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    There's some Welsh in me as well.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 17,308
    My guy:
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

By far my favourite as well.

…but he's 40 now, and I guess that is to old to even be considered.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Univex wrote: »
    Then I guess it's Aidan Turner time!

f5bcc1fe51330005b52a1eb6edbee543.gif

6dd5e40e3c93d2082a3b32293b0fe786.gif

da9255a55591eae890bac44793c4ccf6.gif

:-D

I lol'd a little too loudly about your comment, but it genuinely is god dang Aidan Turner time! 🎉🎊

tumblr_plhsu5GqVX1vjmqa0o4_r3_500.gif
  • Daniel316Daniel316 United States
    I really don't see what's so special or captivating about Aiden Turner. He looks like a try hard Dalton tbh and a typical guy in a tuxedo, I don't see any Bondian traits in him although he's certainly better than a lot of other choices I've seen thrown around here (James Norton, anything Pierce2Daniel suggests, Jack O'Connell, Tom Hardy, Nichalous Hoult, and Richard Madden). But I still don't find him very good or appealing.
    Daniel316 wrote: »
    I really don't see what's so special or captivating about Aiden Turner. He looks like a try hard Dalton tbh and a typical guy in a tuxedo, I don't see any Bondian traits in him although he's certainly better than a lot of other choices I've seen thrown around here (James Norton, anything Pierce2Daniel suggests, Jack O'Connell, Tom Hardy, Nichalous Hoult, and Richard Madden). But I still don't find him very good or appealing.

Have you seen anything with him? Poldark, perchance? Maybe The man who killed Hitler and then the Bigfoot? And then there were none? Anything?

I, for one, think he can act.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Have you seen anything with him? Poldark, perchance? Maybe The man who killed Hitler and then the Bigfoot? And then there were none? Anything?

A big +1

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

+1
    Yep @Univex is right he can act. I have to admit, I've not really seen him in much, but my Mrs has loved Poldark since it started and even though the show isn't my bag, I watched the last series with her and frankly he was the best thing in it.
    It reminded me of Daniel in the film Munich, it wasn't my bag but he was captivating in it and I was watching it to see him on screen.
    Aidan Turner, to me at least, definitely has that Bond presence.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Jordo007 wrote: »

+1
    Yep @Univex is right he can act. I have to admit, I've not really seen him in much, but my Mrs has loved Poldark since it started and even though the show isn't my bag, I watched the last series with her and frankly he was the best thing in it.
    It reminded me of Daniel in the film Munich, it wasn't my bag but he was captivating in it and I was watching it to see him on screen.

Aidan Turner is one of the best, viable and quite frankly sane suggestions on this site.

+1.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    My guy:
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

By far my favourite as well.

…but he's 40 now, and I guess that is to old to even be considered.

That's a good point, unfortunately. But i'd be down with Evans being cast, even if we only got 3 films from him.
  • Jordo007 wrote: »

+1

He had some very Bond/M like scenes in the last series of Poldark.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 6,677
    Jordo007 wrote: »

+1

He had some very Bond/M like scenes in the last series of Poldark.

Yep, and he nailed them.
    He looks too bland IMO for the current era.
    Getafix wrote: »
    He looks too bland IMO for the current era.

And what era would that be?

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    To be honest they'll probably end up going for someone we've never even discussed.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    To be honest they'll probably end up going for someone we've never even discussed.

This I agree with; it's very probable.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    I think I'd actually be a little disappointed if they ended up casting someone whose always been on those bloody media polls they put out when they've got nothing else to talk about.
    I think I'd actually be a little disappointed if they ended up casting someone whose always been on those bloody media polls they put out when they've got nothing else to talk about.

I can understand that, but I would also be disappointed if they steered away from one just because ranked high in the endless polls.

With Brosnan, they had no problem going with the obvious, a fan and general public favorite, for the role. But new people are now making these decisions
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    @talos7 I can understand that, but I think it's also because then it no longer feels like their vision of Bond. I think Brosnan worked because they also saw him as Bond way before they cast him, to the point where they even tried to cast him before, right? So I guess that could work in Cavill's favour - (although the success of The Witcher and his possible Superman return is very much stopping that imo)

- but I think what also made Craig special is that he also represented the vision EON and Campbell had for the new era, so for a name from those polls would seem more like a decision made by the media and fans, wouldn't feel as interesting. Plus I think choosing someone who you weren't expecting is way more exciting.
    @talos7 I can understand that, but I think it's also because then it no longer feels like their vision of Bond. I think Brosnan worked because they also saw him as Bond way before they cast him, to the point where they even tried to cast him before, right? So I guess that could work in Cavill's favour - (although the success of The Witcher and his possible Superman return is very much stopping that imo)

- but I think what also made Craig special is that he also represented the vision EON and Campbell had for the new era, so for a name from those polls would seem more like a decision made by the media and fans, wouldn't feel as interesting. Plus I think choosing someone who you weren't expecting is way more exciting.

Well I think we’re on the same page ; they may have absolutely no one in mind and may choose someone who has not been thought of by the fans and general public; or, one of the touted candidates is on their radar and fits their vision for the future of the franchise. Then again , as of yet, there may be no clear vision for the future.
    We’ll see...

Tbh I see them choosing an unknown again in an attempt to get publicity and shock out of fans and the general public. Besides it worked out well when they did it with Craig from a business standpoint so why would they fix what's not broken? That's my thoughts anyway
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 1,661
    The next Bond actor is probably listed on the actor's website Spotlight. It has the largest database of UK actors. You need to be a member of the site, paid up, to view the directory of actors but you never know... he could be listed. A future star in the making!

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Listen to this, Aidan Turner is turning 37 this year which means he will be around 40 for Bond 26 casting time. That's the perfect age for Bond, especially a more youthful actor like Brosnan was. I think Turner is putting on muscle lately and he is reaching middle age, which means he will fit the role perfectly by the time their looking for the next actor. He already has the tall dark handsome qualities of Bond down, and even his harshest critics cannot deny there's alot of masculine charisma in the way he carries his roles. Bond is supposed to be dominant and very confident after all, and I think it's time that someone can deliver the finished article. Everyone is saying that want Bond to go back to being the hero is was, well I think Turner is the guy to give is that. Plus he does seem a genuine good sport in interviews, I think he would win alot of fans become the next "peoples" Bond like Moore and Brosnan. I can't wait for the process to get underway.
    While I don't agree with Turner being the man for the job, the return of the "Hero'" Bond and people's bond is something I very much think should be the direction they take for the next Actor. Thing is they gave the Gritty nature a try but I think it's time to go back to a more light hearted tone
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Listen to this, Aidan Turner is turning 37 this year which means he will be around 40 for Bond 26 casting time. That's the perfect age for Bond, especially a more youthful actor like Brosnan was. I think Turner is putting on muscle lately and he is reaching middle age, which means he will fit the role perfectly by the time their looking for the next actor. He already has the tall dark handsome qualities of Bond down, and even his harshest critics cannot deny there's alot of masculine charisma in the way he carries his roles. Bond is supposed to be dominant and very confident after all, and I think it's time that someone can deliver the finished article. Everyone is saying that want Bond to go back to being the hero is was, well I think Turner is the guy to give is that. Plus he does seem a genuine good sport in interviews, I think he would win alot of fans become the next "peoples" Bond like Moore and Brosnan. I can't wait for the process to get underway.

+1.

And use Turner to create an old fashioned Bond. One akin to the tone of early Connery and Fleming, not the 90’s lighthearted and shallow approach.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    We'll just have to wait for them to figure out what route they wanna go down.