Dynamite's Bond comics and graphic novels

1131132133134135137»

Comments

• ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Wattenscheid
    #3 is out.

I am starting to come around on this. I was really unimpressed by #1, I got a bit warmer with #2 and I may actually outright like #3.
    Some of the issues the previous issues had remain. I am still not totally convinced by the action set-pieces. Titania is drawn a bit weird (as was pointed out by @BeatlesSansEarmuffs). And I am still not 100% on the story. But this had some fun moments, a couple of interesting choices that I didn't see coming and they keep twisting the screw of the various double and triple-crosses. Nothing spectacular, but well executed, I would say.
    I am still irritated, that they will only do 5 issues as the arc from here on out seems very predetermined when it's only 2 left. If there were three, I would feel less certain about what is still to come
    Now that I've had a chance to read AOS #3 -- Well done overall. I can see this story being concluded in 2 more issues... the question now becomes: why did Dynamite decide to make this a 5-issue story rather than 6 issues as has been their habit until now? It's always about the money, of course, and for the comics industry these days that means it's a question of the TPB compilation. Has Dynamite decided that a slightly thinner and less expensive GN might sell better? Or are they planning on selling the AOS GN at the same price for a 5-issue compilation as they have been charging for the 6-issue collections up 'til now? Am I being cynical? Perhaps. But in a world where James Bond is suddenly working for Blofeld, I'd suggest that there's little difference between cynicism and a realistic outlook.
    Anyone read the new issue of Agent of SPECTRE yet?
    QBranch wrote: »
    Solstice was an impressive short story, that was a delightful read. I have that one and the three parts of VARGR.

10.jpg

EDIT: Solstice was very Bondian.

every time I see this I remember the Telltale rumor ah the good old days.
  • coco1997 wrote: »

It's scheduled for release Wednesday. I doubt any of us have had the opportunity to read it just yet...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm waiting for the story arc to have been completed before I start reading. I'm collecting the single issues, though, because I prefer those over TP's.
    coco1997 wrote: »

It's scheduled for release Wednesday. I doubt any of us have had the opportunity to read it just yet...

Whoops, I guess I had the release date incorrect when I initially asked this question.

It is out now, though, in case anyone has a chance to read it!