DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

boldfinger wrote: »
    Haha, you mean because The Joker already was in SF ;-)?

Or you mean...Silva's introduction was pure Bond quality. Something that The Joker didn't have, a worthy one-shot introduction.
    You referred to a picture from a film that´s not out yet, so
    I have to say, this Joker disappoints me, but in comparison to other actors who've played the role. He just disappoints me in a general way.

Honestly, I think most of my anger and/or resentment comes from the creative decisions of Ayer and his team, as opposed to Leto and his Joker.

A lot of this disappointment dates back to when we got our first look of Leto as Joker. In that photo, if you'll remember, Leto was doing the hair grab Joker does in the Killing Joke, and his body was covered in tattoos. While I think most of the tattoos didn't upset us too much, the stupid "Damaged" one on his forehead was absolutely ridiculous and didn't connect to the character in any real way. At the time a lot of people were slamming this version of the Joker for those tattoos, and there were reports that they were only there for the celebration of Joker's 75th anniversary and wouldn't be in the actual movie, but as we've since seen, they all appear, including THAT one.

I think Leto will do an amazingly bent and uncomfortable Joker performance, I just feel that as far as the tattoos go, less or none at all would have been a lot more. Of course, I think the team behind SS realized what they were up against and wanted to go for a Joker that nobody had seen before and certainly wasn't expecting, instead of rehashing Jack and Heath.
    The thing with the tats reminds me of Manhunter, where on the dvd back cover you can see Tom Noonan with a huge dragon tattoo, however in the film, his torso has no tattoo. Michael Mann says they experimented with the idea of the tattoo, but then decided that in the context a tatoo would diminish the character. And Noonan as Dollarhyde is absolutely freakish.
    We´ll see how the context turns out in Suicide Squad.

Some one had a don a live action joker compared to their Comic book influences and Leto's draws HEAVIDLY from the Joker seen in Batman RIP

which is why I think a trilogy based on the black glove would be FAR more interesting then a Batman vs joker for the final time story that is being rumored.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    New Suicide Squad photo

qEB3vmS.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'll concede that the posters for these DC films have been pretty stellar and original. I've never been visually interested by a Marvel poster before.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Agreed. Those are awesome.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'm still not visually interested, but they are better than Marvel posters, with the exception of Ant-Man's.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    d4a65bda5131bde968111034cce8f4f33537875d-1.jpg
  • I'm liking all these Suicide Squad posters! I'm curious as hell about the movie too.

They also released some concept art for Justice League, and we can get our first peek at Cyborg and The Flash (is his damn logo on backwards?!? COME ON)

886343_432032996995646_1648093818310094305_o.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    As much as I'd hate for DC and Warner to cram yet another character into this movie, it just doesn't feel like the JLA without Lantern. Fingers crossed they eventually go for John Stewart and not another shot at Hal.
    As much as I'd hate for DC and Warner to cram yet another character into this movie, it just doesn't feel like the JLA without Lantern. Fingers crossed they eventually go for John Stewart and not another shot at Hal.

Well since we are reportedly getting a Green Lantern Corp film, we may end up getting both.

Anyway, it's already heavily rumored that Dan Amboyer (who is cast a "Drone pilot" in BvS) is playing Hal.

Well since we are reportedly getting a Green Lantern Corp film, we may end up getting both.

Anyway, it's already heavily rumored that Dan Amboyer (who is cast a "Drone pilot" in BvS) is playing Hal.

He's definitely near spitting-image territory for an onscreen Hal. Is he any good? He's not really on my radar at all.

It'll be interesting if they set him up as GL in a post credits scene or something like that.
  • Yeah I can't say I've ever heard of him either- but a quick google search definitely proves he looks the part!
    Can he act I wonder? We don't want another piece of wood like Jai Courtney
    That looks like fun. :)
  • Wow I'm not gonna lie: I had a huge smile on my face the whole time watching that!

And just one post after calling Jai Courtney a block of wood here he is looking more animated than I've ever seen! Maybe this will be his movie to shine! I certainly hope so (after Terminator....). And Joker will be great!
    Wow I'm not gonna lie: I had a huge smile on my face the whole time watching that!

And just one post after calling Jai Courtney a block of wood here he is looking more animated than I've ever seen! Maybe this will be his movie to shine! I certainly hope so (after Terminator....). And Joker will be great!

Seriously, who would have thought that some of the bigger laughs from the trailer would come from Jai Courtney. I laughed out loud when he punched that guy after being cut from the body bag and when he popped open that beer. Harley Quinn looks like shes going to be a crack up and steal each scene she is in. And the Joker looks terrifying! I loved this shot of him! I can't wait to see more of him.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Looks really good.
    This looks surprisingly good.
    I agree with the consensus. This trailer feels more fun and interesting than what we've been shown previously. It looks like a proper romp, and from what I've seen, I'm largely impressed. There may indeed be hope yet. In Ayer I sorta, kinda trust.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 5,767
    On the fist viewing I found the use of Bohemian Rhapsody shamefully amateurish, but the trailer gets more and more fun with every repeated viewing!

Wow I'm not gonna lie: I had a huge smile on my face the whole time watching that!

To be fair, IMO Courtney was already on the ascent in TerminaSys compared to DieHard5. But yeah, so far he´s still a surprise in this one.

In Ayer I sorta, kinda trust.
    I´m still a bit wary concerning Ayer. He alway had really cool things in his films, and then in the end it kind of didn´t deliver. But I shouldn´t diss the guy, dealing with such a large bunch of the most dangerous people on the planet is not easy.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    First footage of 'Wonder Woman' (2017):

doubleoego wrote: »
    d4a65bda5131bde968111034cce8f4f33537875d-1.jpg

These are just exquisit...EXQUISIT posters!!
    Sucide Squad looks good however I really like the Wonder Woman footage and think it might be one of the best non batman films DC is doing
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Joining the bandwagon to say that the Suicide Squad trailer is fantastic! Leto's Joker looks as close as we're going to get to seeing Mark Hamill's Joker on the big screen.

And Wonder Woman looks superb too, I'm actually really starting to get used ( ;) ) to Gadot in the costume.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 4,813
    Here's a better look at the costume design for Ezra Miller's Flash. His logo isn't backwards as I originally thought (although the casting still is ;) )

GczsXhSaQFuuiVgbFJPE_Flash_costume_image.png

http://pulse.therpf.com/new-look-at-cinematic-version-of-the-flash-watch-the-dc-films-special-video

The costume isn't bad at all- reminds me a lot of the Injustice video game

I still think it's a huge missed opportunity that they don't just use the CW's Grant Gustin version of The Flash (he teams up with everyone else on that show!) but I'm sure there's some sort of legal nitpicking that prevents that

Wow, the Wonder Woman footage is making me feel a lot better about that film too. I look forward to fans getting WW's origins on screen, because telling people she was molded out of clay just gets you weird stares in casual conversation without something other than a comic page to call on. I hope she's a hit with audiences, and Gal looks like she's really getting the character and heading in the right direction. I love that shot of her trying on clothes and the glasses, attempting to act like she's one of the humans. Great stuff.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

GczsXhSaQFuuiVgbFJPE_Flash_costume_image.png

This is the effect of eating nothing but fast food.
    See anything special in the background? :D

Cb2xyv5VIAEosno.jpg
    @Seven_Point_Six_Five, I keep getting more and more pumped about this. The Flash suit looks pretty cool, blurry those this peek is. It's also nice to see that Aquaman will be getting his own battle armor. I wonder is that all black suit in the very front is a work-in-progress Green Lantern suit. You can see that an upside down triangles dives down the chest like you see on most GL suits. Thoughts on this?