DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

boldfinger wrote: »
    That Suicide Squad trailer looks like something. We got fooled nicely with that crappy first official group foto.
    But I don´t understand why some people have to insist on having this and BvS compete, when the two films look nothing like one another.

I don't think it's about competition. People just have different interests and express them. Some care more - or only - about one, some the other. Some care about both, some neither. Just like it would be with films that are not at all connected.

Okay @NicNac :-). Let's keep this one open as well then? Perhaps for the people who are less into superhero films, it's also a nice enough topic that collects all films from the DC Comics Universe.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    tumblr_nrg57oSySJ1snteogo8_250.gif tumblr_nrg57oSySJ1snteogo1_r1_250.gif

reallyreallybad.nocrop.w529.h235.2x.gif
    tumblr_nrg57oSySJ1snteogo8_250.gif tumblr_nrg57oSySJ1snteogo1_r1_250.gif

reallyreallybad.nocrop.w529.h235.2x.gif

Marvellous! Harley Quinn and The Joker make a per-fect couple!

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited July 2015 Posts: 11,139
    I need to see more of the joker. So far I'm not particularly that enthused but it's early days.
    Agree thought the joker was the weakest part of the trailer.
    I didn´t think there was anything weak about the joker.
    edited July 2015 Posts: 11,139
    I dunno, there's something a little off about his look. I don't think he looks unsettling enough. Cesar Romero, Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger all looked different but still looked crazed and creepy.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I really enjoyed 'Man of Steel' :-S and I am equally very excited for both 'Batman v Superman' and 'Suicide Squad'.
    I really enjoyed 'Man of Steel' :-S and I am equally very excited for both 'Batman v Superman' and 'Suicide Squad'.

FINALLY someone in the same boat as me!

:-bd
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

We're in the same team folks. Really enjoyed "Man Of Steel" too, and looking forward to the upcoming ones.
  • RC7RC7
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I dunno, there's something a little off about his look. I don't think he looks unsettling enough. Cesar Romero, Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger all looked different but still looked crazed and creepy.

I don't think we've seen enough yet. I expect there to be moments where he snaps and when he does, it'll be like nothing we've seen from a screen joker. Full on psycho, not like the more theatrical level of psychopathy displayed by Ledger.

We're in the same team folks. Really enjoyed "Man Of Steel" too, and looking forward to the upcoming ones.
    Sometimes it just feels like I'm surrounded by people saying things like 'the costume is stupid so the movie will suck, SS looks interesting but BvS I couldn't care less about....' etc while I'm like "WHAT A GREAT TIME TO BE ALIVE"

RC7 wrote: »

I don't think we've seen enough yet. I expect there to be moments where he snaps and when he does, it'll be like nothing we've seen from a screen joker. Full on psycho, not like the more theatrical level of psychopathy displayed by Ledger.

True which is why I said it's early days. We understandably havn't seen much of this new joker which is why I just can't get too excited yet but Leto is a fantastic actor and I hope you're right in that we get an all out psychotic characterisation from him.
    RC7 wrote: »

Yup, that's my idea too.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 5,767
    Haven´t seen Cesar Romero yet, but then I´m no comic buff. Nicholson and Ledger were both over the top to an unrealistic degree, whereas I can see the little bit we´ve seen from this Joker as a real-life psycho. His impact will of course also depend on the surrounding world and people. While I´m not sure where that Killer Croc guy will fit in, everybody else in Suicide Squad looks like he or she could have sprung from some sinister part of some sinister ghetto hood. Which is a good thing in my book.

Leto´s voice in the trailer is admirable.

Haven´t seen Cesar Romero yet, but then I´m no comic buff.
    Really?? Well here:

joker.jpg

They actually painted over Romero's mustache because he didn't want to shave it. Could you imagine something like that happening today?? The way people complain about superhero movies as it is, lol

=))
  • I don't know if I'm being an idiot and everyone's already pointed this out, but isn't the person strapped down Harley. So, that's who Joker is saying that stuff to.
    Haven´t seen Cesar Romero yet, but then I´m no comic buff.
    Really?? Well here:

joker.jpg

They actually painted over Romero's mustache because he didn't want to shave it. Could you imagine something like that happening today?? The way people complain about superhero movies as it is, lol

=))

Have to say I have a great fondness for Cesar Romero as the Joker!!! :O)
    It seems "Suicide Squad" could become an even bigger hit than "Batman vs. Superman". Both trailers were released on July 13th. Let's have a look at YouTube viewings on this day (July 28th):

The "Suicide Squad" comic-con trailer (release July 13th) now stands at:
    42.858.587 viewings after 15 days

The "Batman Vs. Superman" comic-con trailer (release July 11th) now stands at:
    39.054.452 viewings after 17 days

In comparison,
    The "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" 2nd teaser trailer (release April 16th) now stands at:
    57.347.896 viewings after 103 days

The "SPECTRE" TRAILER (release July 21st) now stands at:
    10.107.789 viewings after 7 days

The "Mission: Impossible 5" trailer (release March 23rd) now stands at:
    08.520.799 viewings after 127 days

The "Hunger Games 4: Mockingjay Part 2" trailer (release July 23rd) now stands at:
    08.440.901 viewings after 5 days

• x007AceOfSpadesx007AceOfSpades Sunny Southern California
    @Gustav_Graves A bigger hit just based off of youtube trailer views? Interesting.

I expect Batman V Superman to make roughly a billion or close to, but Suicide Squad to make $300-400Million.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    DC just might be too late with all this.
    Furthermore they count on BvS being a billion plus dollar movie at the box office.
    Very, very risky.
    It all could go bust with one major flop.

And I am saying this as a huge DC fan.

Man Of Steel was already very disappointing. But I will give Zack Snyder another chance.
    After all he has made the best movie ever of that genre: Watchmen.
    They shouldn't have released posters and the trailer so early. The more I look at the poster with Batman's portrait on it, the more he looks like a pouting boy. And the more I see that image of Batman in his steel suit, the more it looks like Lego Batman.
  • I really enjoyed 'Man of Steel' :-S and I am equally very excited for both 'Batman v Superman' and 'Suicide Squad'.

I think that's it really, how excited you are for Batman vs Superman will depend entirely on how much you enjoyed Man Of Steel, because it really seems like it's in the same vain.

I hated Man Of Steel (and I'd never seen the old ones so I'm not just biased cause of the lack of Christopher Reeve) and that's one of the reasons I'm just not interested in Batman Vs Superman at all. I watched the trailer today and it did nothing for me. It just looks like Man Of Steel in the sense that all the action is big, loud, lots of CGI, etc. One of the reasons I loved the Nolan trilogy so much was the devotion he had to making things real. For example, this still gives me chills

No CGI, not even any music (which coupled with the setting, empty, echoey, adds so much atmosphere, it's the same with the Oddjob/Bond fight in Fort Knox), just two men beating the shit out of each other (would've been even better if there'd been some blood and bruising but ah well it still works). People complain about Nolan staging action and true the fight choreography isn't that exciting but that's because he was going for a realistic approach, and I think it really works. It's quiet, brutal, intimate and fierce.

I don't think any of the action scenes in Man Of Steel come close to that, no matter how many buildings they knocked down or how many explosions Superman caused, I still wasn't invested in the action in the slightest. And it looks the same in Batman vs Superman for me. The shot with him grappling away, which everyone is raving about, to me sums up the problem: the action is just soulless and computer generated. There's lots of crashing and banging and explosions but they're not actually fighting.

I understand it's more of a comic book approach so I imagine fans of the comics will be thrilled. And fair enough, it's good that they're making films geared at fans of the source material, they deserve an accurate take since they've kept the character alive for all these years. But I'm not a comic book fan and Batman vs Superman just doesn't seem appealing to me in the slightest, this approach (the same approach taken to Man Of Steel) isn't for me. I'll stick with Nolan's trilogy.

Suicide Squad I'm not entirely sold on but it looks interesting. I like the premise and I like David Ayer (Training Day and End Of Watch were great, Sabotage was crap imo but he redeemed himself with Fury), and I'm liking the full on psychopath approach of Leto's Joker so far. I'm not entirely sold yet but I'm expecting it to be better (well, I'm expecting to prefer it to) Batman vs Superman, so I'm curious to see how it plays out.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Two Bond actors rumored for villain roles in Wonder Woman.

http://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-villains-eva-green-sean-bean/
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2015 Posts: 28,694
    I was hoping Warner would try to snag Eva for the DCCU's Selina Kyle, but at this point I'd love for her to be picked for any role that is even remotely great. They need some high-profile casting choices under their belt for projects beyond BvS to really generate interest into the future.

If we're going to guess what role Sean Bean may be eyeing, we should start by picking characters from the DC universe who are likely to die by the film's end.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I've just started watching Smallville. First 2 episodes of season 1 done, and I am really liking it so far. Very exciting to know I have 10 seasons of this to discover!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I've just started watching Smallville. First 2 episodes of season 1 done, and I am really liking it so far. Very exciting to know I have 10 seasons of this to discover!

Oh how I envy you!! Having seen all of it of course.

Let me tell you something, you'll have to sit through the first 2 1/2 seasons. There are quite a lot of the "monster of the week" episodes and at times the story seems not to go forward and there are some, if only a few, quite stupid episodes in those seasons. Also sometimes the teeny-college "drama" gets on the nerves.
    But hey, they started in 2001 and for that they were quite ahead of their time in my opinion.

Once season 3 progresses it really starts to kick as and with each season it's getting better and better. I won't spoil anything naturally but there will be great new characters during the many seasons.

Let me tell you this though, my favourite character is Lionel Luthor, it's quite astonishing how John Glover owns this character, he's just one hell of an actor!

Have fun and enjoy, such marvelous TV Shows don't come so often.

It has entered my treasury of the greats of the TV Shows and sits there comfortably besides Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Firefly or Supernatural.
    I just finished rewatching the entire "Dark Knight" trilogy. I still love that epic set of films. Marvellous work by Christopher Nolan. And so many Bond nods to discover. Fox is obviously the 'Q' of these films :-). Not to mention that wonderful 'Fox'-workshop. Talia reminded me a lot of Elektra King. And obviously "The League Of Shadows" has similarities with "S.P.E.C.T.R.E.".

I actually think these films should be watched to prepare for "SPECTRE". First the "Dark Knight" trilogy, then Craig's first three Bond films.... One thing though. The ending of "The Dark Knight Rises" makes me thinkk...that perhaps something bad could happen to Bond? Similar to what has happened to him in the finales of the novels "From Russia With Love" and "You Only Live Twice"? I thinkkkk...I am also going to prepare for that scenario. :-O
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Ben Affleck-the only actor who have played both Superman and Batman.