SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

ggl007 wrote: »
    Something new... Just to talk about something different...

http://translate.google.it/translate?hl=it&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://www.kleinezeitung.at/k/kaernten/osttirol/4595896/OBERTILLIACH_Zwei-Hektar-Parkplatz-fur-BondTrucks

"In East Tyrol is currently being discussed at each corner on one topic: James Bond"
    "Soon roll on cranes for the spectacular plane crash. Where an aircraft is suspended to it then blow."
    "The secrecy has but coming to an end - the beginning of December there is the first official press conference."

And THANK YOU for using Spoiler tags! I seriously can't say enough how much I appreciate it.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,471
    The imdb page is update with David Smith http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0807881/ as Gaffer (Light/Working together with cinematopgrapher.) and 4x4 driver Clive Shaw http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4516033/

Example of Skyfall gaffer John Higgins shine some light with Deankins on Aston Martin.

biggles_deakins.jpg
    http://www.thecallsheet.co.uk/news/42494
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That press conference is coming up very soon. I need the title of the film ASAP!
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    this is what I found on IG
    :-/

hymnsy Next adventure! #bond24 2d

10616891_979356415414649_1931259968_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/855854136717561496_53696618

hymnsy Built this today!
    #bond24 24h
    10802718_818385701555652_1965090454_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/856576257194282267_53696618

• RC7RC7
    Nice rigs. Morocco shoot prep.

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    edited November 2014 Posts: 2,540
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »

And THANK YOU for using Spoiler tags! I seriously can't say enough how much I appreciate it.

You are all very welcome. No problem for me, but I´m afraid you are gonna see something sooner or later...
    ;) :D

Very interesting photos from Oujda... I think those rigs are not to film conversations, we must expect some action there.

Take a look at the city: LOC161057.jpg
    923171_634882083195745_958179734_n.jpg
    30132635.jpg
    could this rig be for the car chase? is the car chase in Morocco or Italy?
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,471
    The pictures are posted by David Gray, so we can say he return from Skyfall http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0336555/ to work on another train scene. Look like more on Mexico (QOS style).
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Train scene? Good, I love train scenes. FRWL and DMC had beautiful ones.
    Before this gets out of hand, I see literally zero evidence of any train scene.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,619
    What nobody has mentioned so far is that there are ARRI ALEXA cameras on some of the guy's photos. These are the same digital cameras that were used for Skyfall. Having said that, I am still 99% sure that the large majority of the movie will be shot on film. (Remember, QOS was shot mainly on film but they used digital cameras for some action shots.)

The cameras:

• edited November 2014 Posts: 11,119
    What nobody has mentioned so far is that there are ARRI ALEXA cameras on some of the guy's photos. These are the same digital cameras that were used for Skyfall. Having said that, I am still 99% sure that the large majority of the movie will be shot on film. (Remember, QOS was shot mainly on film but they used digital cameras for some action shots.)

The cameras:

So you seen digital camera's and you're still sure they shoot on film? Since when can't pictures be confirmations? For me this is quite clear. James Bond 24 will be shot digitally (also easier for IMAX transfer), and that's how I like it. The wunderful quality/resolution of "Skyfall" was simply marvellous. People called me crazy when I said it would be shot digitally, because fans trusted a cinematographer's word (Roger Deakins) when he's not even onboard anymore for Bond 24 (ridiculous that fans took one tiny forum message on Deakins' forum for granted). Well, I can't be bothered. Visually, we'll get another stunning Bond film now we basically know it'll be shot digitally.
    jake24 wrote: »
    317.gif
    I feel the exact same way about Quantum returning.

Zekidk wrote: »
    OMFG.... the last 12 pages don't contain a single piece of real news. All I'm hearing is about this guy they call "Blofeld". WTF(!)

Seconded!!

RC7 wrote: »
    tumblr_mjsq70B0sj1rv9jato1_250.gif

Absolutely!!!! =))
    chipsticks wrote: »
    this is what I found on IG
    :-/

hymnsy Next adventure! #bond24 2d

10616891_979356415414649_1931259968_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/855854136717561496_53696618

hymnsy Built this today!
    #bond24 24h
    10802718_818385701555652_1965090454_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/856576257194282267_53696618

This is more like it! Nice find!

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,588

The cameras:

So you so digital camera's and you're still sure they shoot on film? Since when can't pictures be confirmations? For me this is quite clear. James Bond 24 will be shot digitally (also easier for IMAX transfer), and that's how I like it. The wunderful quality/resolution was simply marvellous. People called me crazy when I said it would be shot digitally. Well, I can't be bothered. Visually, we'll get another stunning Bond film.
    Also, people say that Roger Deakins confirmed himself that Bond 24 would be shot back on film on his forum, but the person who responded was not Deakins. So how do we know this is true?
    http://www.rogerdeakins.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2977
    jake24 wrote: »

The cameras:

So you so digital camera's and you're still sure they shoot on film? Since when can't pictures be confirmations? For me this is quite clear. James Bond 24 will be shot digitally (also easier for IMAX transfer), and that's how I like it. The wunderful quality/resolution was simply marvellous. People called me crazy when I said it would be shot digitally. Well, I can't be bothered. Visually, we'll get another stunning Bond film.
    Also, people say that Roger Deakins confirmed himself that Bond 24 would be shot back on film on his forum, but the person who responded was not Deakins. So how do we know this is true?
    http://www.rogerdeakins.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2977

But that's what I've been saying all along in previous posts! We don't even know for sure if "Octopli" is Deakin's forummember name on that forum! People took that message for granted way way too soon.

Secondly, Deakins can tell you a lot. Fact is, he is NOT director of photography for "Bond 24". He bowed out himself, so he has nothing to say about.....cinematographical decisions that in the end will be made by Hoyte van Hoytema. The pictures with the ARRI ALEXA camera's say enough: "Bond 24" will be shot digitally.

Thanks @PanchitoPistoles for the pics :-)! Please note that "Skyfall" was shot digitally 100%. Only Danny Kleinman's main titles were shot "normal". They will not mix film with digital for "Bond 24". It'll be the same as with "Skyfall": 100% digital.

Also, there's also some logic reasoning that could have been detected. Why would EON Productions suddenly go back shooting on film if the film was A) a Thunderball-esque financial success and B) got the Bond franchise its first ever Oscar cinematography nomination? And if a cinematographer like van Hoytema says he can do both, film and digital, then you really think the Bond producers urge van Hoytema to go back.....to shooting on film?

Anyway, I'm very very happy again :-D!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I think I have read on our site, probably main page, that Bond 24 will be shot on film.
    I think I have read on our site, probably main page, that Bond 24 will be shot on film.

That was the past. The pictures of the present are new proof.

This picture shows a single ARRI ALEXA camera used by Roger Deakins for non-IMAX scenes in "Skyfall":
    55879-skyfall.jpg

These are the same ARRI ALEXA digital camera's in IMAX set-up for "Bond 24":
    10817888_534693830001412_532713979_n.jpg
    Yet it has been noted that some scenes, like action scenes, can be shot digitally then the majority of the rest of the movie on film. So we do not have a conclusive answer yet, but I think elsewhere it does say it will be shot on film.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Just out of curiosity, do people really bring the cameras to the sets weeks before shooting starts :-? I'm not saying Bond24 will or won't be shot on film, each format has its pros and cons and one is as good as the other in good hands but I don't think that photo is proof of anything! It could well be there to determine camera angles but hey, I'm a scientist not a photographer!
  • RC7RC7
    Looks like they're using a motion control rig in the that close-up. Not always the case, but could suggest special effects shots.
  • Yet it has been noted that some scenes, like action scenes, can be shot digitally then the majority of the rest of the movie on film. So we do not have a conclusive answer yet, but I think elsewhere it does say it will be shot on film.

I think it's fairly conclusive. Cinematographers usually don't combine/mix digital camera's with scenes shot on film. Just have a look at this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_shot_on_digital_video_prior_to_2015 . The pictures give fairly conclusive answers.
  • RC7 wrote: »
    Looks like they're using a motion control rig in the that close-up. Not always the case, but could suggest special effects shots.

Yes, that could very well be.
    Just taking a look around the IG accounts connected to those images (comments etc), they've been doing work at Casablanca for the past 2 months. Bond related?
    edited November 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Some films use digital for action sequences only; or so I have read. I am happy with digital or film, I am just saying no, it is not 100% known yet.
  • Sandy wrote: »
    Just taking a look around the IG accounts connected to those images (comments etc), they've been doing work at Casablanca for the past 2 months. Bond related?

They have been filming QOS already during the summer of 2007 in Florence. Filming the Palio. Principal filming will commence December 6th. But if you think nothing happens before that, then that's slightly naive no ;-)?

Anyway, this picture is quite clear no?
    bgCtUA.jpg
    In case you failed to notice, I was not talking about this picture or this user @Gustav_Graves, I'm talking about someone commenting on another picture talking about the cameras who went home today because his work was finished. I following his activity back 2 months in Morocco, mostly Casablanca. Did you understand it now or do you need a drawing?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    @Sandy

Pre-production on a film, especially on a film the scale of a James Bond film can take a long time and be very extensive... with principal photography set to begin in less than a month - no doubt the local production crews in those cities are hard at work obtaining camera rigs - or as seen above, building them.. and along with that comes testing the rigs (with cameras attached) to make sure everything works, that way when it comes time for Mendes and company (or the 2nd Unit) to come rolling in, they don't sit around waiting for stuff to be built - especially when it comes to action sequences - those can get very complicated to shoot, and building custom rigs to get a certain kind of shot can take some time..
    Sandy wrote: »
    In case you failed to notice, I was not talking about this picture or this user @Gustav_Graves, I'm talking about someone commenting on another picture talking about the cameras who went home today because his work was finished. I following his activity back 2 months in Morocco, mostly Casablanca. Did you understand it now or do you need a drawing?

I understand you. But no dear @Sandy, I don't need a drawing :-). I have looked extensively on the comments of hymnsy's most recent four pictures he put online there. I think you are wrong, sorry @Sandy. I did not find "someone commenting on another picture talking about the cameras who went home today because his work was finished."

Perhaps my....excitement sound a bit uncredible. But that is not my problem. I think @PanchitoPistoles did a nice job.
    Can't wait to see the first shot of Blofeld's lair!
  • LeChiffre wrote: »
    Can't wait to see the first shot of Blofeld's lair!

As long as the lair fits well in the story :-P