Coke back for 'Skyfall' partnership, details firmly under wraps

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited July 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 1,380
Coca-Cola will be back for more Bond action this year, although the company is keeping their plans firmly under wraps at the moment.

Heineken certainly attracted a lot of attention with their "Skyfall" announcements, including a big budget television commercial starring Daniel Craig in character as James Bond, but there is still room for a non-alcoholic alternative.

Last time around for "Quantum of Solace", the soft drinks juggernaut promoted its zero calorie version Coke Zero with a splashy 'Zero Zero Seven' campaign. It's TV commercial made Bond history in revealing an instrumental version of the film's title track before it had been officially released (much to the ire of Jack White).

It is understood that Coke's fresh campaign for "Skyfall" will launch in September and will be focused with digital and online outlets.

Asked for comment by MI6, a Coca-Cola spokesperson said: "Whilst Coca-Cola Zero had a successful partnership with Quantum of Solace in 2008, we are yet to confirm any partnership or supporting marketing campaign associated with the next James Bond movie, Skyfall."

Comments

Oh NO, does James Bond drink that cr*p. First beer and now Cola, whats is next Lightproducts. ;)
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    :))

On a serious note, I still have a couple of 1,5L and small bottles of "Coke Zero Zero Seven", a couple of unopened packs of cans, and a cinema table display :D I still remember the ad with the Aston Martin and the instrumental AWTD playing. How carp the song may have been, the coke ads were quite cool.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Nice. If the campaign is anything like last time, this will be a winner. Coke did a great job with 'Zero Zero Seven'.

I don't think the ads this time will reveal the title song though. ;)
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    Nice. If the campaign is anything like last time, this will be a winner. Coke did a great job with 'Zero Zero Seven'.

I don't think the ads this time will reveal the title song though. ;)

I've just remembered that, didn't the coke zero ad actually feature Another Way to Die before it had been released?

Yes but only the instrumental version.
    Coke is Bond's 21st century replacement for Benzedrine.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I wonder if Red Bull is ever going to find its way into Bond merchandising. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote:

I hope not. James Bond with wings! X_X
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    DarthDimi wrote:

I hope not. James Bond with wings! X_X

Only if the next villain lives at everest...
    007coca_0.jpg

The Coca-Cola Company has announced its Coca-Cola Zero brand is to team up with the 23rd instalment of the James Bond series, Skyfall, as part of promotions for the films worldwide release this autumn.

The announcement continues Coca-Cola and James Bond’s successful partnership, which began in 2008 through the brand’s association with Quantum of Solace. This time the campaign will be asking fans to “Unlock the 007 In You.”

The association will see all Coke Zero products undergoing a special Bond themed makeover. The limited edition designs will feature across multiple pack formats, including cans, PET bottles and an aluminium bottle, all of which will showcase the famous Bond ‘gun barrel’ design.

Marketing Director for Coca-Cola Great Britain, Zoe Howorth, commented: “Skyfall is without a doubt one of this year’s most anticipated film releases, and we are very excited to be a part of it and to continue our relationship with the world’s favourite movie franchise.

“James Bond is a global cultural icon who consistently takes action to create what’s possible, making this the perfect partnership for Coca-Cola Zero.”

The campaign is set to roll out across TV, cinema, PR and outdoor advertising. Digital and social media campaigns, as well as on-pack promotions are also planned.

http://www.thedrum.co.uk/news/2012/08/13/coca-cola-zero-releases-skyfall-campaign-continuing-its-partnership-james-bond
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Samuel001 wrote:
    007coca_0.jpg

The Coca-Cola Company has announced its Coca-Cola Zero brand is to team up with the 23rd instalment of the James Bond series, Skyfall, as part of promotions for the films worldwide release this autumn.

The announcement continues Coca-Cola and James Bond’s successful partnership, which began in 2008 through the brand’s association with Quantum of Solace. This time the campaign will be asking fans to “Unlock the 007 In You.”

The association will see all Coke Zero products undergoing a special Bond themed makeover. The limited edition designs will feature across multiple pack formats, including cans, PET bottles and an aluminium bottle, all of which will showcase the famous Bond ‘gun barrel’ design.

Marketing Director for Coca-Cola Great Britain, Zoe Howorth, commented: “Skyfall is without a doubt one of this year’s most anticipated film releases, and we are very excited to be a part of it and to continue our relationship with the world’s favourite movie franchise.

“James Bond is a global cultural icon who consistently takes action to create what’s possible, making this the perfect partnership for Coca-Cola Zero.”

The campaign is set to roll out across TV, cinema, PR and outdoor advertising. Digital and social media campaigns, as well as on-pack promotions are also planned.

http://www.thedrum.co.uk/news/2012/08/13/coca-cola-zero-releases-skyfall-campaign-continuing-its-partnership-james-bond

Looks quite good! :)>-
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2012 Posts: 4,450
    Craig, Beer and Coke is that is what Bond drinks when he enjoy death. :-&

MI6_no_smoke_without_fire_592.jpg

30 seconds later..

1237590_Basingstoke_timber_frame_fire_038a.jpg

24_midi.jpg
    Craig, Beer and Coke: The Story of Q or a Murderer :-B
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yes, the trailer clearly showed him drinking coke and beer at the bar. Honestly, some people... 8-|
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,980
    "Would you like Coke with that whiskey, Monsieur Bond?"

"Do I look like I give a- oh, wait. They're our sponsors. Carry on."
    Nice looking cans and bottles! Thanks for the pictures.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Very good advertising.
    @Samuel No probs. These pics should- ahem, quench your thirst until the real deal arrives. :D
    Adverts and products galore coming next month! At last!
    These look very good indeed. I may even feel tempted to buy a couple even though I'm not a fan of Coke Zero, that's what I call good publicity.
  • BenBen
    They both look really cool but it's a shame we'll probably never see the bottles in glass form.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,980
    I agree- glass with a molded '007' or 'Skyfall' would look classy.

Any chance he'll have one of them kept chilled in the DB5?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Any idea when the bottles and cans will be released?
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Any idea when the bottles and cans will be released?

Next month with a date to be announced.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Very nice, thank you, @Samuel001. I plan on picking up a few of them.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2012 Posts: 4,450
    It says ''only in cinemas'', i think there mean you only can get it in the cinema. Means possible the one cinema's prefer you can buy. If there already going to release this in Dutch cinemas i think those prefer the botle's and you must pay € 2,00-€ 2,50 or more for only 1 botle.. Bottle's wil not be released in Supermarkets iam sjure about that, there don't yuse glasses any more. Iam happy with my Heineken from TMND and Coca Cola zero from QOS but that are not the bottle's, but i give the inside a way. I don't drink Alcohol and Cola. If release in supermarkets then i wil possible buy one of both and iam curious how we can get that poster.

Mabey there should have consider a Cassis one with Naomie Harris, she wearing a purple dress on a picture.

naomie_harris_purple_dress.jpgcassis.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    M_Balje wrote:
    It says ''only in cinemas'', i think there mean you only can get it in the cinema. Means possible the one cinema's prefer you can buy. If there already going to release this in Dutch cinemas i think those prefer the botle's and you must pay € 2,00-€ 2,50 or more for only 1 botle.. Bottle's wil not be released in Supermarkets iam sjure about that, there don't yuse glasses any more. Iam happy with my Heineken from TMND and Coca Cola zero from QOS but that are not the bottle's, but i give the inside a way. I don't drink Alcohol and Cola. If release in supermarkets then i wil possible buy one of both and iam curious how we can get that poster.

Mabey there should have consider a Cassis one with Naomie Harris, she wearing a purple dress on a picture.

naomie_harris_purple_dress.jpgcassis.jpg
    Ah, I think it means Skyfall will be seen only in theaters when it releases.
  • The fittest Bond and his latest film has Coke as a sponsor...looks like McDonalds sponsoring the Olympics has finally been surpassed in the "You must be joking" department...

:-)
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited September 2012 Posts: 3,277
    The commercial.

Thanks @Marketto007. So, this time we won't get the theme-song leaked with Coca Cola. They are learning :-?