The 2012 007 Olympics ~ Final Medal Table

Comments

• St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Right, that'll do, peeps, here's the penultimate results of the tournament...

<font size=3>Event 27: 4 x 007 Relay / Third Leg ~ Results</font>

1. 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Richard Maibaum = 92 points
    2. 22px-Flag_of_Wales.png Desmond Llewelyn = 91 points
    3. 22px-Flag_of_Switzerland.png Ursula Andress = 54 points
    4. 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Ted Moore = 51 points
    = 22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Joseph Wiseman = 51 points
    6. 22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Willy Bogner = 41 points
    7. 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Carole Bouquet = 40 points
    8. 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Cortina d'Ampezzo (FYEO) = 20 points

Congrats to Dickie Maibaum, for the man who scribbled so many lines of Bond dialogue has done the business for the States and won them this third leg, while Desmond Llewelyn, the man whose character provided 007 with so many of his invaluable gadgets, takes second place. And another icon from the very first Bond film DN, Ursula Andress, of course, is third.

A tight compromise of points-sharing in the middle of the results (this 'race' is getting tougher and tougher the closer it gets to its climax) sees Ted Moore and Dr No himself, Joseph Wiseman, share fourth place, while ski supremo Willy Bogner takes sixth and just behind him FYEO's Carole Bouquet is just squeezed out into seventh, while the beautiful Cortina, which also featured in FYEO, has to settle for eighth.

<font size=3>Standings:</font>

1. 22px-Flag_of_Wales.png Wales = 252 points
    2. 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England = 235 points
    3. 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States = 225 points
    4. 22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada = 181 points
    5. 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png France = 149 points
    6. 22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Germany = 139 points
    7. 22px-Flag_of_Switzerland.png Switzerland = 110 points
    8. 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Italy = 109 points

So, not much of a change in the standings following our last-but-one leg here, folks, aside from three important developments... first, the Swiss have hauled themselves back into the competition thanks to Ms Andress's Botticelli-inspired arrival in the contest, as they've now overtaken the Italians whom slip down to bottom place. Second, the top three have opened up a gap over the others - will they be our (final) medalists come tomorrow night? And, third and most significant of all, the Welsh dragons have wrestled the lead from the Anglo-Saxons, but will they still be roaring come the bitter end?

Well, only one way to find out, chaps - the fourth leg's coming right up...! :)
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited July 2012 Posts: 1,699
    Not much to say to introduce this post - except, of course, the fact it's the final, the final chance to vote at all in the entire tournament, peeps. This is it; it all comes down to this...!

the_2012_james_bond_007_olympics-17.jpg

Yes, as the Olympics traditionally comes to a close with one of its 'blue ribband' events the 4x100m Relay and/ or the 4x400m Relay, we're closing ours with the 4x007 Relay. But what's that, I hear you all ask...?

Well, it features the top eight nations in the Medal Table (which is why I've been banging on recently about why it's so important for those in the running to finish in eighth place or better for this event ;) ), each of which will compete against the other as teams of four competitors. These four competitors will be those who have performed the best for their respective nations - that is, those who've either won medals or the 'best colour' medal or whose (if many have won a gold medal) have accrued the highest percentage of total number of votes possible in their individual contests.

Then, as in a real relay race, one competitor from each nation will compete against a competitor from each other nation in a 'leg of the race', before 'passing the baton' on to the next competitor in their team who does the same, and the next does the same and the next does the same. All of which means there'll be four legs in total, after the last of which the result of the contest will be known.

It may well sound a little complicated, but don't worry, in practice it'll be simple as pie. Honest... ;)

<i>The competitors:</i>

22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png John Barry
    22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Albert R Broccoli
    22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Luciana Paluzzi
    22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Eva Green
    22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Harry Saltzman
    22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Ken Adam
    22px-Flag_of_Wales.svg.png Shirley Bassey
    22px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png Piz Gloria, Grindewald, Murren-Schilthorn and Bern (OHMSS)

So, the task is simple... please arrange the eight competitors above into your favoured ordering - first to last (greatest to least) in terms of their <i>contribution to the cinematic James Bond</i>.

Note: Voting for this last leg of the event should remain open for <i>about 24 hours</i>.

Oh, and just a reminder - when you do vote, please vote in this manner, chaps (as outlined in the thread's opening post); makes it a hell of a lot easier for me when I'm totting up the totals... ;)

1st place (<font color=DarkOrange>Gold</font>) = 10 points
    2nd place (<font color=Gray>Silver</font>) = 8 points
    3rd place (<font color=SaddleBrown>Bronze</font>) = 7 points
    4th place = 5 points
    5th place = 4 points
    6th place = 3 points
    7th place = 2 points
    8th place = 1 points

Over to you, folks - get voting...! :)
    And here's my final vote... :)

1. 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Albert R Broccoli = 10 points
    2. 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png John Barry = 8 points
    3. 22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Harry Saltzman = 7 points
    4. 22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Ken Adam = 5 points
    5. 22px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png Piz Gloria, Grindewald, Murren-Schilthorn and Bern (OHMSS) = 4 points
    6. 22px-Flag_of_Wales.svg.png Shirley Bassey = 3 points
    7. 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Eva Green = 2 points
    8. 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Luciana Paluzzi = 1 point
    This tougher than I first envisaged

#1 John Barry, England, 10 points, GOLD
    #2 Albert Broccoli, United States, 8 points, SILVER
    #3 Harry Saltzman, Canada, 7 points, BRONZE
    #4 Shirley Bassey, Wales, 5 points
    #5 Ken Adam, Germany, 4 points
    #6 Piz Gloria, Grindewald and Berne, Switzerland, 4 points
    #7 Luciana Paluzzi, Italy, 2 points
    #8 Eva Green, France, 1 point

Is that it over now then, I was kind of enjoying these events...
    Is that it over now then, I was kind of enjoying these events...

It's lasted seven months - what, do you want a whole year of the thing...?! :))
    Has it really been seven months, by god, I didn't realize..

No, not a whole year maybe, seven months is good enough. It's been fun though, but even I know that The United States didn't win this tournament, but it's not about the winning, but taking part, so they say
  • 1. Albert R Broccoli
    2. John Barry
    3. Ken Adam

4. Harry Saltzman
    5. Shirley Bassey
    6. Luciana Paluzzi
    7. Piz Gloria, Grindewald, Murren-Schilthorn and Bern (OHMSS)
    8. Eva Green
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited July 2012 Posts: 28,694
    1.) Albert R. Broccoli
    2.) Harry Saltzman
    3.) Eva Green
    4.) John Barry
    5.) Ken Adam
    6.) Luciana Paluzzi
    7.) Shirley Bassey
    8.) Piz Gloria, Grindewald, Murren-Schilthorn and Bern

*Rolls tear as voting ends* :((
    Brady's got Green over John Barry, Ken Adam and Shirley Bassey with regards to 'cinematic contribution to James Bond'

No offense, but maybe you're letting your heart rule your head, but it's all very good
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Brady's got Green over John Barry, Ken Adam and Shirley Bassey with regards to 'cinematic contribution to James Bond'

No offense, but maybe you're letting your heart rule your head, but it's all very good
    It's just my opinion, sue me. She is my favorite Bond girl after all, and I have to go on what I know. I am by no means a listener to Barry's music and am not that wised in Ken's career as a set designer or the other non-Bond projects he has done, if any. I think Eva beats Shirley quite fine though.
    It is your opinion and that is respected, and most will be aware of your adulation for the Vesper character, but to the casual observer, would most likely find it a bit questionable. Even if Seymour or Andress was involved no way would I put them ahead of figures such as the above mentioned. Just got my attention that's all, let's press on anyway..
  • EmilioEmilio Palmyra, Nassau
    Ken Adam
    John Barry
    Albert R Broccoli
    Harry Saltzman
    Luciana Paluzzi
    Eva Green
    Shirley Bassey
    Piz Gloria, Grindewald, Murren-Schilthorn and Bern (OHMSS)
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    (GOLD) Albert Broccoli (USA) - 10
    (SILVER) John Barry (ENG) - 8
    (BRONZE) Ken Adam (GER) - 7
    4. Harry Saltzman (CAN) - 5
    5. Shirley Bassey (WAL) - 4
    6. Luciana Paluzzi (ITA) - 3
    7. Eva Green (FRA) - 2
    8. Piz Gloria (SUI) - 1
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    1. Albert R Broccoli - 10 pts
    2. John Barry -8 pts
    3. Ken Adam - 7 pts
    4. Piz Gloria, Grindewald, Murren-Schilthorn and Bern (OHMSS) - 5 pts
    5. Shirley Bassey - 4 pts
    6. Eva Green - 3 pts
    7. Harry Saltzman - 2 pts
    8. Luciana Paluzzi - 1 pt

For me, this had to be one of the toughest matches of the tournament. :-?
    1- John Barry - 10p
    2- Albert R Broccoli - 8p
    3- Harry Saltzman - 7p

4- Ken Adam - 5p
    5- Shirley Bassey - 4p
    6- Luciana Paluzzi - 3p
    7- Piz Gloria, Grindewald, Murren-Schilthorn and Bern (OHMSS) - 2p
    8- Eva Green - 1p

• PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    001) Luciana Paluzzi-10 points
    002) John Barry-8 points
    003) Albert R Broccoli-7 points
    004) Ken Adam-5 points
    005) Harry Saltzman-4 points
    006) Shirley Bassey-3 points
    007) Piz Gloria, Grindewald, Murren-Schilthorn and Bern-2 points
    008) Eva Green-1 point
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    1. 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Albert R Broccoli - 10 points
    2. 22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Harry Saltzman - 8 points
    3. 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png John Barry - 7 points
    4. 22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Ken Adam - 5 points
    5. 22px-Flag_of_Wales.svg.png Shirley Bassey - 4 points
    6. 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Luciana Paluzzi - 3 points
    7. 22px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png Piz Gloria, Grindewald, Murren-Schilthorn and Bern (OHMSS) - 2 points
    8. 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Eva Green - 1 point
  • JrW_008JrW_008 The North
    1.Albert R Broccoli - 10 points
    2.Harry Saltzman - 8 points
    3.Ken Adam - 7 points
    4.John Barry - 5 points
    5.Eva Green - 4 points
    6.Shirley Bassey - 3 points
    7.Piz Gloria, Grindewald, Murren-Schilthorn and Bern (OHMSS) - 2 points
    8.Luciana Paluzzi - 1 point
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 3,494
    1. Albert R Broccoli- how can the man who pushed for Bond films not be #1?
    2. John Barry- the man behind the best film music ever. Our Mozart.
    3. Shirley Bassey- sang 3 brilliant themes, the most in the series.
    4. Harry Saltzman- gets dropped because he didn't see the genius of #2 and #3.
    5. Ken Adam- his sets are legendary, of course.
    6. Luciana Paluzzi- the prototype evil Bond girl.
    7. Eva Green- great job as Vesper, but will people remember her in posterity like they do Fiona Volpe?
    8. Piz Gloria, Grindewald, Murren-Schilthorn and Bern (OHMSS)- gorgeous locations for sure, but it doesn't replace a human being's contributions.
    1. 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Albert R Broccoli
    2. 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png John Barry
    3. 22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Ken Adam

4. 22px-Flag_of_Wales.svg.png Shirley Bassey
    5. 22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Harry Saltzman
    6. 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Luciana Paluzzi
    7. 22px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png Piz Gloria, Grindewald, Murren-Schilthorn and Bern (OHMSS)
    8. 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Eva Green

Thanks for the time put into this George, the real Olympics has got some living up to do after this one!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    1.Luciana Paluzzi-10 points
    2. John Barry-8 points
    3. Albert R Broccoli-7 points
    4. Ken Adam-5 points
    5. Harry Saltzman-4 points
    6. Shirley Bassey-3 points
    7. Piz Gloria, Grindewald, Murren-Schilthorn and Bern-2 points
    8. Eva Green-1 point

edited July 2012 Posts: 1,699
    slyfox wrote:
    Thanks for the time put into this George, the real Olympics has got some living up to do after this one!

Ha ha, thanks for that, slyster, mate. :)

And yes, here it is, peeps - on the eve, or very early morning, of the real thing - it all ends here for The 2012 007 Olympics...

<font size=3>Event 27: 4 x 007 Relay / Anchor Leg ~ Results</font>

1. 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Albert R Broccoli = 127 points
    2. 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png John Barry = 109 points
    3. 22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Ken Adam = 82 points
    4. 22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Harry Saltzman = 79 points
    5. 22px-Flag_of_Wales.png Shirley Bassey = 53 points
    6. 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Luciana Paluzzi = 50 points
    7. 22px-Flag_of_Switzerland.png Piz Gloria, Grindewald, Murren-Schilthorn and Bern (OHMSS) = 30 points
    = 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Eva Green = 30 points

<font size=3> Overall Results:</font>

england_silver-1.jpgunited_states_gold-1.jpgwales_bronze-1.jpg

1. 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States = 352 points [10 points]
    2. 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England = 344 points [8 points]
    3. 22px-Flag_of_Wales.png Wales = 305 points [7 points]
    4. 22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada = 260 points [5 points]
    5. 22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Germany = 221 points [4 points]
    6. 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png France = 179 points [3 points]
    7. 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Italy = 159 points [2 points]
    8. 22px-Flag_of_Switzerland.png Switzerland = 140 points [1 point]

You can't say fairer than that, can you? Yup, Cubby anchors the United States home to claim the gold in the Relay (and what a deserving winning team too - also boasting, of course, Richard Maibaum, Maurice Binder and, er, Robert Davi). Taking the silver, unsurprisingly, are the English, as John 'God' Barry does the business for his teammates (Chris Lee, the DB5 and Ted Moore), while the Welsh have to settle for - a nonethless excellent - bronze, as La Bassey's bomabastic tones secure that podium place for her fellow red dragons Roald Dahl, Timbo Dalton and, of course, Desmond Llewelyn.

And that, naturally, leads us to...

<font size=3>Final Medal Table</font>
    After Event 27/27

<font color=white>______________________.</font><font color=Darkorange>G</font><font color=white>___</font><font color=DimGray>S</font><font color=white>__</font><font color=SaddleBrown>B</font><font color=white>_</font>4th 5th 6th 7th 8th Total
    1. <font color=white>-</font>22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England<font color=white>________</font>11<font color=white>__</font>9<font color=white>__</font>8<font color=white>__</font>5<font color=white>__</font>9<font color=white>___</font>6<font color=white>__</font>9<font color=white>__</font>7<font color=white>_.</font>342 pts
    2. <font color=white>-</font>22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States<font color=white>___.</font>5<font color=white>___</font>3<font color=white>__</font>5<font color=white>__</font>7<font color=white>__</font>5<font color=white>___</font>7<font color=white>__</font>5<font color=white>__</font>6<font color=white>_.</font>201 pts
    3. <font color=white>-</font>22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Italy<font color=white>___________.</font>3<font color=white>___</font>2<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>4<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>2<font color=white>_.</font>0<font color=white>__</font>81 pts
    4. <font color=white>-</font>22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png France<font color=white>_________.</font>2<font color=white>___</font>1<font color=white>__</font>3<font color=white>__</font>2<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>5<font color=white>__</font>2<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>_.</font>79 pts
    5. <font color=white>-</font>22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada<font color=white>________.</font>0<font color=white>___</font>3<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>2<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>45 pts
    6. <font color=white>-</font>22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Germany<font color=white>______...</font>1<font color=white>___</font>1<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>2<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>___</font>1<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>_.</font>44 pts
    7. <font color=white>-</font>22px-Flag_of_Wales.svg.png Wales<font color=white>_________..</font>1<font color=white>___</font>1<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>3<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>36 pts
    8. <font color=white>-</font>22px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png Switzerland<font color=white>_____</font>1<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>1<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>23 pts
    9. <font color=white>-</font>22px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden<font color=white>________.</font>0<font color=white>___</font>2<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>21 pts
    10. 22px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Scotland<font color=white>______...</font>1<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>2<font color=white>_.</font>16 pts
    11. 22px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png Ireland<font color=white>_________</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>2<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>15 pts
    12. 22px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png Denmark<font color=white>_______</font>0<font color=white>___</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>_..</font>13 pts
    13. 22px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png Japan<font color=white>__________.</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>12 pts
    = <font color=white>-</font>22px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png Poland<font color=white>_________.</font>0<font color=white>___</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>_.</font>12 pts
    15. 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Brazil<font color=white>__________.</font>1<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>_.</font>10 pts
    = <font color=white>-</font>22px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png Mexico<font color=white>_________</font>1<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>_.</font>10 pts
    = <font color=white>-</font>[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg/22px-Flag_of_the Netherlands.svg.png[/img] Netherlands<font color=white>_____</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>_.</font>10 pts
    18. 22px-Flag_of_Austria.svg.png Austria<font color=white>_________</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>___</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>___</font>8 pts
    = <font color=white>_</font> 22px-Flag_of_the_Bahamas.svg.png The Bahamas<font color=white>____</font>0<font color=white>___</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__.</font>8 pts
    = <font color=white>-</font>22px-Flag_of_Greece.svg.png Greece<font color=white>__________</font>0<font color=white>___</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__.</font>8 pts
    = <font color=white>-</font>22px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png South Korea<font color=white>_____</font>0<font color=white>___</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__.</font>8 pts
    22. 22px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India<font color=white>___________</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>_...</font>7 pts
    = <font color=white>-</font>22px-Flag_of_Israel.svg.png Israel<font color=white>___________</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>7 pts
    = <font color=white>-</font>22px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png New Zealand<font color=white>____</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>7 pts
    25. 22px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Russia<font color=white>_________</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>5 pts
    = <font color=white>-</font>22px-Flag_of_Thailand.svg.png Thailand<font color=white>_______.</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>5 pts
    = <font color=white>-</font>22px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png Turkey<font color=white>________..</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>5 pts
    28. 22px-Flag_of_Egypt.svg.png Egypt<font color=white>__________</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>4 pts
    = <font color=white>-</font>22px-Flag_of_Gibraltar.svg.png Gibraltar<font color=white>________</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>4 pts
    = <font color=white>-</font>22px-Flag_of_Jamaica.svg.png Jamaica<font color=white>________.</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>_..</font>4 pts
    = <font color=white>-</font>22px-Flag_of_Puerto_Rico.svg.png Puerto Rico<font color=white>_____.</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>_..</font>4 pts
    32.<font color=white>.</font>22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png Australia<font color=white>_______.</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>3 pts
    = <font color=white>_</font>22px-Flag_of_Chile.svg.png Chile<font color=white>___________.</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>3 pts
    = <font color=white>_</font>22px-Flag_of_Nicaragua.svg.png Nicaragua<font color=white>_______</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>3 pts
    = <font color=white>_</font>22px-Flag_of_Ukraine.svg.png Ukraine<font color=white>_________</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>3 pts
    36. 22px-Flag_of_the_People's_Republic_of_China.svg.png China<font color=white>__________.</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>2 pts
    = <font color=white>_</font>22px-Flag_of_Monaco.svg.png Monaco<font color=white>________..</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>2 pts
    = <font color=white>_</font>22px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png Portugal<font color=white>________.</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>2 pts
    39. 22px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png Czech Republic<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>1 pt
    = <font color=white>_</font>22px-Flag_of_Malaysia.svg.png Malaysia<font color=white>________.</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>1 pt
    = <font color=white>_</font>22px-Flag_of_Morocco.svg.png Morocco<font color=white>________.</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>___</font>0<font color=white>__</font>0<font color=white>__</font>1<font color=white>__</font>1 pt

So, there we go, folks... the successful medalists' efforts in this final event may not have altered anything in this final Medal Table, but its results below them certainly did. Or, at least, they've clarified and tidied things up. Yup, we now know who's claimed fifth and sixth places on the board, as that fourth-place finish by Canada's Relay team has gained 'em one single extra, but crucially important point over the fifth-place finishing Germans, which sees the former finish a single point ahead of the latter in the table. And what of that seemingly eternal fight for third in the Medal Table? Well, finally it's all over - yes, the French may have narrowly beaten the Italians tonight, but not by enough... because it's the Azurri who've held on to that third place on the board, just pipping the Frogs who take fourth place.

Yet special, nay final, mention should surely be reserved for the teams from both England and the United States. The latter, winners of our last event of course, have been cracking competitors throughout; their strength in depth ensuring they secured that second place in the table long, long ago. And as for the former? Well, England have quite simply been awesome. An indubitably outstanding, utterly dominating performance - quite simply, the Medal Table doesn't lie; even a glance at it by that double-taking, no doubt pea-brained pigeon from MR would lead the little chap to conclude which team's been tops this tournament.

And, speaking of the tournament as a whole - well, that's pretty much it, folks. Save for some final housekeeping or, to be specific, further official data just for your interest...

<font size=3>The 2012 007 Olympics ~ Contest medalists</font>

<ul>
    <li> Bond Actors (18/01/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Sean Connery <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Daniel Craig <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Roger Moore

<li> Producers (22/07/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Albert R Broccoli <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Harry Saltzman <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Michael G Wilson

<li> Directors (16/07/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Terence Young <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Peter Hunt <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png Martin Campbell

<li> Screenwriters (15/03/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Richard Maibaum <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Michael G Wilson <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Tom Mankiewicz

<li> Composers (29/02/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png John Barry <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png George Martin <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png David Arnold

<li> Title Song Performers (01/02/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_Wales.svg.png Shirley Bassey <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Paul McCartney and Wings <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Carly Simon

<li> Cinematographers (03/06/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Ted Moore <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Freddie Young <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Michael Reed

<li> Production Designers (08/02/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Ken Adam <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Peter Lamont <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Syd Cain

<li> Title Designers (29/06/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Maurice Binder <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Daniel Kleinman <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Robert Brownjohn

<li> Stunt Performers (17/05/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Bob Simmons <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Willy Bogner <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png Martin Grace

<li> '60s Bond Girls (25/01/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Diana Rigg <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Claudine Auger <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png Ursula Andress

<li> '70s Bond Girls (03/07/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Jane Seymour <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Maud Adams <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Caroline Munro

<li> '80s Bond Girls (08/03/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Carole Bouquet <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Maud Adams <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Maryam d'Abo

<li> '90s/ '00s Bond Girls (02/05/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Eva Green <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png Izabella Scorupco <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png Famke Janssen

<li> '60s Bond Villains (07/07/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Robert Shaw <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Joseph Wiseman <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Gert Fröbe

<li> '70s Bond Villains (11/04/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Christopher Lee <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Yaphett Kotto <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Michael Lonsdale

<li> '80s Bond Villains (10/06/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Robert Davi <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Christopher Walken <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Louis Jourdan

<li> '90s/ '00s Bond Villains (22/02/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Alec Bean <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png Mads Mikkelsen <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Sophie Marceau

<li> Henchmen/ women (17/06/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Luciana Paluzzi <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png Harold Sakata <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Richard Kiel

<li> Allies (25/04/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png Pedro Armendariz <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Gabriele Ferzetti <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_Israel.svg.png Topol

<li> MI6 Staff (28/02/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Bernard Lee <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_Wales.svg.png Desmond Llewelyn <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Lois Maxwell

<li> Bond Vehicles (17/04/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Aston Martin DB5 <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Lotus Esprit <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Aston Martin V8 Vantage

<li> '60s Bond Locations (24/06/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png Piz Gloria, Grindewald, Murren-Schilthorn and Bern
    <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_the_Bahamas.svg.png Nassau, New Providence Island and Paradise Island <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png Tokyo, Kobe and volcanic islands

<li> '70s Bond Locations (15/02/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Rio de Janeiro and Iguaçu Falls <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Mount Asgard <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Venice

<li> '80s Bond Locations (25/05/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Cortina d'Ampezzo <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_Greece.svg.png Meteora ('St. Cyril's') and Corfu <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_India.svg.png Udaipur

<li> '90s/ '00s Bond Locations (04/04/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Venice <font color=DimGray>S</font> 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Lakes Como and Garda <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Greenwich and the Millennium Dome

<li> 4 X 007 Relay (27/07/2012)
    <font color=Darkorange>G</font> 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States (Albert R Broccoli, Richard Maibaum, Maurice Binder and Robert Davi)
    <font color=DimGray> S</font> 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England (John Barry, Ted Moore, Christopher Lee and Aston Martin DB5)
    <font color=SaddleBrown>B</font> 22px-Flag_of_Wales.svg.png Wales (Shirley Bassey, Desmond Llewelyn, Timothy Dalton and Roald Dahl)</ul>

... And for me to say thank you so much to all of you've participated in this thing over the last seven months and a few days (especially those of you who've practically or actually voted every time there's been a new contest in which to do so). It's been a marathon of a tournament, no question; quite an undertaking on my part, now I look back on it as a whole. But it hasn't really felt like that because it's been so much fun to put on, not least because, as a Bond fan, I've found it rather fascinating to find out how folks rate different people and entities in so many different facets of the cinematic 007.

And with that... well, that really is that, peeps, so - finally - until the next time, Roger and out (quite literally - and good luck Blighty in the real Olympics!)... ;)

sir_rog_union_jack.jpg
    Thanks for that George, a very good and well presented tournament, it's been fun. A lot of hard work and effort put it, and it is appreciated, well done to all involved

Sadly no medal for Dalton as James Bond, McCartney and Wings beaten by Bassey in the music race (?!), Binder wins for title designs (I never liked his work), and some other questionable outcomes I won't elaborate on, and we were never going to catch the British at the top of the table, but second place is still a worthy achievement

Disappointed to an extent this seems to be other now for another (four years?) maybe, I wasn't here for the last one, but people enjoyed themselves for sure. Thanks again
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Thanks St. George for running such an outstanding event.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Good work, SG. Looking foward to the next tournament your creative mind comes up with.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    Too bad I was unable to participate in the half of the categories, but the some of the results were surprising. Thanks.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Thnaks for the fun @St_George, even moreso that you were able to make this list about seven months. It's been great to have a regular tournament going all the time, throughout this big year.

I'll miss it but I'm so glad England were able to win something!
  • EmilioEmilio Palmyra, Nassau
    Thank you for this, I really enjoyed :-)
  • Would like to note that Harold "Oddjob" Sakata was born in Hawaii and while of Japanese descent, may have been a American citizen.

Great job George, excellent contest. Don't agree with everything (Lonsdale and Jourdan in particular) but nice to see the contributions of my homeland recognized so well. Looking forward to my fellow Americans winning the real thing :D
    Thanks for the kind words, guys. Glad to learn you all appreciate my efforts and enjoyed the tournament. Who knows, maybe it will return in four years' time? ;)

Hopefully, rather sooner, I'll return with another tournament around these parts - once I cook up something I think fitting and haven't done before. For now, though, I'm going to have a little rest and lie on the proverbial beach... :p
This discussion has been closed.