No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Let me guess: Full circle from the CR pts?

There more I think About the philosophical implication, the more my interest rises again for this film.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

The phrasing of this particular tweet struck me as a tease. Here's hoping this week brings some news!
    Just alluding to Craig coming back to filming, I think. Nothing major or new, but something extremely positive nonetheless. We're back on track, that's the point.
    Maybe Craig is filming his final gun barrel this week? He may have to walk a tad bit slower, thus giving the orchestra more time to play the Bond theme in it's full glory.
    Maybe it's just referring to the start of the week ... you know like all the memes about leaving work on a Friday ...
    They did say he'd be back to filming this week and was physically preparing himself in the gym. So I'd assume it's just about that, nothing else. And frankly, that's quite enough. We should be happy about it.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Maybe Craig is filming his final gun barrel this week? He may have to walk a tad bit slower, thus giving the orchestra more time to play the Bond theme in it's full glory.

A zombie Bob Simmons gunbarrel would be the ultimate tribute in B25.
    echo wrote: »

A zombie Bob Simmons gunbarrel would be the ultimate tribute in B25.

That would be great!
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Personally I’m still hoping they use a Roger Moore gun barrel as a tribute.
    This is Daniel's last film. It's a tribute to his era, in a way. Let's keep it at that. If they want to do a "In loving memory of..." in the end, it would be tasteful, emotional even, because it would struck two chords, the end of an era, and Moore's passing. My two cents anyway.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Univex wrote: »
    This is Daniel's last film. It's a tribute to his era, in a way. Let's keep it at that. If they want to do a "In loving memory of..." in the end, it would be tasteful, emotional even, because it would struck two chords, the end of an era, and Moore's passing. My two cents anyway.

With a few chords of "Nobody Does it Better" tossed in for good measure.
    They def have to do an in memory of Sir Rog credit somewhere. At the end probably most appropriate
    I'd love a small tribute to Sir Roger, however I'm not expecting to see one, TBH. By the time B25 hits theaters nearly 3 years would have passed since Sir Roger's passing.
    I'd love a small tribute to Sir Roger, however I'm not expecting to see one, TBH. By the time B25 hits theaters nearly 3 years would have passed since Sir Roger's passing.

I can see what your saying, however? I watched Godzilla KOTM yesterday, and at the end of the credits their were a couple of tributes to past contributors to the that particular franchise. I believe if I remember correctly that at least one of those was around 2 years ago. Roger was a huge positive force in life and held Bond in high regard, so I would be massively disappointed if they did not pay tribute to the great man.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    It happened before.

Tomorrow-Never-Dies-Albert-R-Cubby-Broccoli-dedication.png
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    QQ7 wrote: »
    It happened before.

Tomorrow-Never-Dies-Albert-R-Cubby-Broccoli-dedication.png

This is likely what we're gonna get this time, too.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I want a tasteful credit "in memory of" at the end, yes. I don't want many or even several obvious nods to previous films in this one. A couple of subtle nods, sure.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I can see what your saying, however? I watched Godzilla KOTM yesterday, and at the end of the credits their were a couple of tributes to past contributors to the that particular franchise. I believe if I remember correctly that at least one of those was around 2 years ago. Roger was a huge positive force in life and held Bond in high regard, so I would be massively disappointed if they did not pay tribute to the great man.

I'll be thrilled and probably moved if there is a Sir Roger acknowledgment at the end credits.
    I want a tasteful credit "in memory of" at the end, yes. I don't want many or even several obvious nods to previous films in this one. A couple of subtle nods, sure.

Is a V8 Vantage Aston Martin with the same number plate from The Living Daylights subtle?
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

Is a V8 Vantage Aston Martin with the same number plate from The Living Daylights subtle?

To us, super fans? Not really. To the casual viewer? Yes, very much so.
    At least it's way more subtle than the anniversary nods in DAD.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    How can they not honor Sir Roger Moore in B25? He was something of a must with Bond.
    I think in Superman Returns there was a tribute to Christopher Reeve and he passed away a couple of years before that film, so I wouldn't say a tribute to Sir Rog is entirely out of the question.

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Naomie has it right. Very classy.
    Interesting she emphasized Moneypenny is behind a desk now. Perhaps we’ll get the traditional role many have been longing for.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Interesting she emphasized Moneypenny is behind a desk now. Perhaps we’ll get the traditional role many have been longing for.

And within that limited setting, she can contribute tremendously to the overall effectiveness of the film.
    There has always been something very special, and endearing, in Bond and Moneypenny’s flirtatious, but restrained, banter.

I agree. Harris is definitely my second favorite Moneypenny after Maxwell. SF did an amazing job casting the new M, Moneypenny, and Q I think.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars

For me, yes. Better than showing Little Nelly in the background anywhere, too.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

For me, yes. Better than showing Little Nelly in the background anywhere, too.

99% of the audience will never notice or realize the significance.
    I’m a big Bond fan I’m here aren’t I, and I wouldn’t have a clue that it’s the same plate; but once I were aware, I would say , cool!
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited June 2019 Posts: 1,165
    echo wrote: »
    “I think they’ve already been shooting so I think he’s okay and back to work,” she explains. “He’s such a trooper and such a strong guy that I think even if he was still in pain, he would just chug along and make sure that we complete it on schedule.”

For anyone who gave credence to The Mirror’s reports that Craig is difficult, Harris’ account of Craig sure doesn’t sound like a hot-headed troublemaker.