No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited May 2019 Posts: 4,554
    Pavlo wrote: »
    Lizo wrote: »

Genetic warfare is very interesting and it can be premise for very complicated and interesting plot.

The studio source mentions "Human Genome," but it is very possible that genetic warfare has nothing to do with human genetics. It's quite possible that we're dealing with agriculture--and then moving more into OHMSS territory. The issue of agriculture and bio warfare, brought on by genetically altered insects, became a hot one last year...

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/10/181009102511.htm

The storyline could be very promising.

Wow. What a weirdly specific thing for Baz to talk about/spoil -- but I'm loving it. Sounds like a classic Bond plot is shaping up!
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Sounds fascinating. No wonder there’s a scientist involved in the plot.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    One thing that I want is a truly impressive “ “ Villain’s lair” ; there has yet to be one in the Craig era. . I can’t be the only one who found Blofeld’s Volcano base in SPECTRE, extremely underwhelming.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    talos7 wrote: »
    One thing that I want is a truly impressive “ “ Villain’s lair” ; there has yet to be one in the Craig era. . I can’t be the only one who found Blofeld’s Volcano base in SPECTRE, extremely underwhelming.

Silva’s deserted island was badass.
    TripAces wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »

Silva’s deserted island was badass.

It was impressive, in a haunting way; but It was a relic; I want something breathtakingly cutting edge retro, a lair that would knock Ken Adam’s socks off, perfect for the gene warfare storyline.

TripAces wrote: »
    Lizo wrote: »

Genetic warfare is very interesting and it can be premise for very complicated and interesting plot.

The studio source mentions "Human Genome," but it is very possible that genetic warfare has nothing to do with human genetics. It's quite possible that we're dealing with agriculture--and then moving more into OHMSS territory. The issue of agriculture and bio warfare, brought on by genetically altered insects, became a hot one last year...

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/10/181009102511.htm

The storyline could be very promising.

So we're back with an OHMSS remake?
    Sounds different and not cyber-terror based like the last two movies. I'm very intrigued.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Torture scene with insects please!
    I do believe the Felix Leiter comic series dealt with bio-weapons in it's plot. Could be quite interesting.
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    I do believe the Felix Leiter comic series dealt with bio-weapons in it's plot. Could be quite interesting.
    That was such a great comic. I wish they made more of those.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited May 2019 Posts: 524
    I just hope this latest development doesn't mean a remake of OHMSS or going the way of DAD.
    But I think that the subject matter could be handled very efficiently, very seriously. It has a potential to go very dark, almost like a disaster film. Now, I don't think we'll see that, since Waller-Bridge was asked to bring levity into the script.
    VG are on location in Åndalsnes where the production of «Black Widow» continued Thursday, soon after Sæbø further south in the county was turned on its head.

Scenes were shot on two locations yesterday. The crew has a working base close by the tourist attraction Trollstigen, but no scenes have been shot on the famous stretch of road so far.

https://www.vg.no/rampelys/film/i/2GjRXr/hollywood-i-aandalsnes-scarlett-johansson-lot-stand-in-gjoere-grovjobben
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 4,400
    VG are on location in Åndalsnes where the production of «Black Widow» continued Thursday, soon after Sæbø further south in the county was turned on its head.

Scenes were shot on two locations yesterday. The crew has a working base close by the tourist attraction Trollstigen, but no scenes have been shot on the famous stretch of road so far.

https://www.vg.no/rampelys/film/i/2GjRXr/hollywood-i-aandalsnes-scarlett-johansson-lot-stand-in-gjoere-grovjobben

I'm growing slightly concerned that Bond 25 isn't coming back to Norway - and the production is exclusively for Black Widow.

I'm starting to feel that this is very likely the case. The tourist board is not a source - they got their info from MI6-HQ (who have been wrong innumerable times this cycle) and the Express (who get their news from MI6-HQ)........

If this road is in Black Widow:
    James-Bond-25-car-chase-on-the-Atlantic-Ocean-Road-in-Norway-1889860.jpg?r=1559059025462

I'd be very excited to see how Marvel handle a chase. Most likely they'll rely heavily on CGI and destroy any sense of tension or threat. Wait to go, Marvel! Single-handily destroying any sense of stakes in action sequences.

Hopefully, Black Widow has more authentic Bond/Mission Impossible action scenes.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 6,677
    I'm growing slightly concerned that Bond 25 isn't coming back to Norway

And so they only used it to film a lodge and a frozen lake? And Fukunaga lied when they said they were going back to Norway? And what about all the funds they got for filming there?
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    I don’t understand why you’re such a downer, P2D. How much proof do you need?
    Didn't they also receive a huge grant from Norway to film there?
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 17,291
    My guess is that Trollstigen and surrounding areas will feature in Black Widow, while the Atlantic Road – which is the only location we have more information on (the application to close the airspace above road and the reported convoy driving by the Norwegian Public Roads Administration), will be featured in Bond 25. These scenes will be shot at the end of next week if the reports are to be trusted, so we'll have more information soon anyway.

As for the incentives granted the production, I can't see how the Norwegian Film Institute would allow a production to receive 47 million kroner only for a weeks shot in the woods. It makes no sense. And if they have, they will surely receive heavy criticism. In comparison, MI: Fallout also shot for a week or so in Norway, but that production only received 6 million kroner.

Edit: Regional funding might be combined with the incentive scheme of course, but as a rule, the incentive scheme "grants up to 25% return on costs spent in Norway to productions produced partly or entirely in Norway that are intended for international distribution."
    Exactly, @Torgeirtrap. Thank you for your clarity and well structured response.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 17,291
    Univex wrote: »
    Exactly, @Torgeirtrap. Thank you for your clarity and well structured response.

No problem. Again, we're only a week away from knowing what we need to know re. the Atlantic Road, and reports will probably be posted by the media before then. Exciting times!
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Some words from Phoebe about Bond 25 script.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/phoebe-waller-bridge-bond-1202624860/

More encouraging info!
    She gets it.

This is the most encouraging piece of press about Bond 25 to date.

I love Phoebe. I loved the notion of adding her to the writing team. And I love her take on how Bond should evolve cinematically.

She also puts to rest any notion of substantial script chaos, in the sense that she's primarily working on character and dialogue and the larger story seems established.

Nice to see a positive article, for once. I've no doubt she and the team will deliver.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited May 2019 Posts: 23,548
    Might I ask, have the James Bond films ever mistreated women?

Don't get me wrong; I'm not trying to be the annoying one here. My question is perfectly sincere and in no way an attack on Phoebe.

My point is that the 60s Bond films may have taken unacceptable liberties with women today, but perhaps not with women of the 60s. My point is that a Bond film "treating women right" (the 2019 version of "treating women right") may have been rejected rather than praised in the 60s, by men and women alike. So while I can easily applaud the current effort to keep Bond on safe grounds, I'm somewhat annoyed by remarks, too often made in my opinion, about how Bond has to start fitting the #MeToo era, as if the Bond of the past was an abuser of sorts. Have actresses, apart from Jane Seymour perhaps, ever voiced frustration over any lack of emancipation in their Bond girl roles?
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 3,164
    It's because of two (I'd say rightful) assumptions:
    1. That when they talk about this, they're referring to today's standards, not the standards of the 60s
    2. And that today's standards are right and correct compared to those 50 years prior.

Brilliant interview that shows that Waller Bridge isn't just a great creative but a great publicity coup for them.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 12,269
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Don't get me wrong; I'm not trying to be the annoying one here. My question is perfectly sincere and in no way an attack on Phoebe.

My point is that the 60s Bond films may have taken unacceptable liberties with women today, but perhaps not with women of the 60s. My point is that a Bond film "treating women right" (the 2019 version of "treating women right") may have been rejected rather than praised in the 60s, by men and women alike. So while I can easily applaud the current effort to keep Bond on safe grounds, I'm somewhat annoyed by remarks, too often made in my opinion, about how Bond has to start fitting the #MeToo era, as if the Bond of the past was an abuser of sorts. Have actresses, apart from Jane Seymour perhaps, ever voiced frustration over any lack of emancipation in their Bond girl roles?

+1
    FoxRox wrote: »

+1
    +2

About Phoebe’s interview, the bit I enjoyed most was when she said Bond has to be himself, even if the world around him has changed, he has to keep his character traits. Fleming said the same about Bond, that the world changed, Bond did not. Phoebe seems to get our man. Very encouraging article. And the notion that there was already a story lined up, and that she’s mainly working on dialogue is interesting and it goes a bit against the Baz article in which he said she was the one who made sense of the genetic warfare stuff.
    Univex wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »

+1
    +2

About Phoebe’s interview, the bit I enjoyed most was when she said Bond has to be himself, even if the world around him has changed, he has to keep his character traits. Fleming said the same about Bond, that the world changed, Bond did not. Phoebe seems to get our man. Very encouraging article. And the notion that there was already a story lined up, and that she’s mainly working on dialogue is interesting and it goes a bit against the Baz article in which he said she was the one who made sense of the genetic warfare stuff.

+3
    A welcome story, good on her!!!
    Connery forcing himself on pussy galore in the barn despite her obvious protestations - I would count that as rather uncomfortable watching these days.