No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Shardlake wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    I love SF. However I don't think another Bond film will ever captivate me like CR did.

CR punched me in the face; SF pinned me to the ground. :-)

Yes, the hatred of SF is out there. I've never understood it, though I have some theories best reserved for a different thread.

CR is my favourite of the era but Skyfall easily takes the no. 2 spot, yes the hatred for it might not be as much as it seems on here but certain voices shout it very loudly and one in particular can't help but reiterate this in any thread they get the opportunity to.

I believe many of us still do love this film warts and all.

Outrageous! Can you substantiate this?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I love CR and SF. It's not hard to see the quality in both films. I don't like making lists, but I'd say SF is in my top 10 to stay.

As for Jeremy Fukunaga, I've been following him on Instagram. He was in Jamaica for a few weeks it seems. I don't know if he'll turn up at any other locations for Bond 25, but he may well do so.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I just love Bond films full stop! If ever I am having a naff day? I will put a Bond film on and all my troubles just disappear for a couple of hours.
    Oh yeah. But it's been over a year since I last watched a Bond movie...
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Getafix wrote: »
    I love SF. However I don't think another Bond film will ever captivate me like CR did.

Yes, the hatred of SF is out there. I've never understood it, though I have some theories best reserved for a different thread.

CR is my favourite of the era but Skyfall easily takes the no. 2 spot, yes the hatred for it might not be as much as it seems on here but certain voices shout it very loudly and one in particular can't help but reiterate this in any thread they get the opportunity to.

I hope you are joking here @Getafix you've managed to slag it off since release, the evidence is all over this forum.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 11,425

I hope you are joking here @Getafix you've managed to slag it off since release, the evidence is all over this forum.

I never joke about Bond.

Anyway I think you are overreacting.

All I've done is offered a few suggestions for how things might have been done better.

As a Yorkshireman I thought you of all people would appreciate the value of constructive criticism.

Hate is strong term after all. I reserve that for another era.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England

I never joke about Bond.

Anyway I think you are overreacting.

All I've done is offered a few suggestions for how things might have been done better.

As a Yorkshireman I thought you of all people would appreciate the value of constructive criticism.

Hate is strong term after all. I reserve that for another era.

I live in Yorkshire, I'm not a Yorkshireman.
    You could send me to Coventry if you like.
    Ah that explains a lot! I thought the relentless optimism and upbeat outlook was very atypical for a Yorkshireman.
    Ah that explains a lot! I thought the relentless optimism and upbeat outlook was very atypical for a Yorkshireman.

Hey up lad, what ya saying?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    This is the Bond 25 filming thread. Thanks.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Has there been any new lately regarding Bond 25 or well placed rumours?
    Things seem to have gone a bit quiet - my guess from the stray bits we've heard is that things are in flux. Second unit maybe still filling in some blanks in Jamaica, building stuff at Pinewood, and Cary perhaps scouting or traveling again?
    Is DC still in New York?
    DC is not in NY. it's not even a state.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    DC is not in NY. it's not even a state.

Kind of like...Idaho, or some such place.
    If we destroy Kansas the world may not her about it for years.
  • peaderppeaderp england
    Lea Seydoux talked to Variety at Cannes and confirmed she hasn't started filming bond yet.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    If we destroy Kansas the world may not her about it for years.

giphy.gif
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Filmweb.no just posted this clip from the Jamaica shooting, taken by a Norwegian sailor who happens to be in the area they're filming. A bit of action at the end of the clip!

https://www.filmweb.no/filmnytt/article1397793.ece

Edit: more on Instagram (posted April 25):
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Awesome!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Nice
    Getting for your eyes only vibes
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Filmweb.no just posted this clip from the Jamaica shooting, taken by a Norwegian sailor who happens to be in the area they're filming. A bit of action at the end of the clip!

Woah!

Amazing footage.
    It looks as though the "Fukunaga Sunset Scramble" is a reference to CJF's desire to shoot during the magic hour. Those skies in Jamaica are stunning.

Also, if you look at the helicopter camera's position, you can evidently see that the aim is to get the shot of the helicopter taking off whilst the explosion plays in the backdrop. That is a classy bit of cinematography and requires expert timing to pull of effectively.

It looks like a great piece of 'action cinematography' . we rarely see things done 'in camera' these days, especially in the plethora of blockbusters that are ushered out.

Also, a new interview with Lea Seydoux talking about Bond 25......

Also.........Lashana Lynch is in London. She was posting photos on Instagram last night.
    gqSmQtR_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Woah!

Amazing footage.
    It looks as though the "Fukunaga Sunset Scramble" is a reference to CJF's desire to shoot during the magic hour. Those skies in Jamaica are stunning.

Also, if you look at the helicopter camera's position, you can evidently see that the aim is to get the shot of the helicopter taking off whilst the explosion plays in the backdrop. That is a classy bit of cinematography and requires expert timing to pull of effectively.

It looks like a great piece of 'action cinematography' . we rarely see things done 'in camera' these days, especially in the plethora of blockbusters that are ushered out.

It definitely looks like we might be in for a treat with this sequence. One thing I came to think of:
    The first half of the clip shows them filming when there's still light, while the last bit is filmed at night.

Is the first half footage likely of a "test run" with the helicopter and the plane, with the sequence (and explosion) taking place at night – or could this be for two separate scenes? One could think that the ship is some sort of base for Felix/CIA, or even Malek's people.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 6,665
    EDIT: Never mind. Just got it ;)

Cool, Our first Bond 25
    explosion.
    It definitely looks like we might be in for a treat with this sequence. One thing I came to think of:
    The first half of the clip shows them filming when there's still light, while the last bit is filmed at night.

Is the first half footage likely of a "test run" with the helicopter and the plane, with the sequence (and explosion) taking place at night – or could this be for two separate scenes? One could think that the ship is some sort of base for Felix/CIA, or even Malek's people.
    Clearly a test run. They only have one boat to blow!
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 6,665
    I bet Fukunaga will film action like we haven’t seen before. He’s very creative but now he has big toys and a budget to play with. If I could give him one advice it would be to do it stylishly, as Bond should be about that, and not about cheap thrills or stunts. It should be all about the style. Add some horns and brass in the soundtrack and you’ve got a Bond cocktail.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 17,241
    QBranch wrote: »

Of course they only have one boat to blow, I was really just speculating if they might have filmed for two separate scenes – one taking place in daylight, and one at night.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Univex wrote: »
    I bet Fukunaga will film action like we haven’t seen before. He’s very creative but now he has big toys and a budget to play with. If I could give him one advice it would be to do it stylishly, as Bond should be about that, and not about cheap thrills or stunts. It should be all about the style. Add some horns and brass in the soundtrack and you’ve got a Bond cocktail.

From everything that I’ve seen of him, both in films and in his private life, doing it with style should be of no concern.

QBranch wrote: »

Of course they only have one boat to blow, I was really just speculating if they might have filmed for two separate scenes – one taking place in daylight, and one at night.
    Same camera positioning; sea plane following the same path of motion. One scene.
    Uh, why are people still using spoiler tags for minor things? Is the possible fictional path of a helicopter really a major plot point?