No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Tuck91 wrote: »
    I’m willing to bet it was eclipse

If it was I'm glad they got rid of it.
    It was called Endgame of Infinity. Producers thought it was a bit derivative.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 6,665
    It was called Endgame of Infinity. Producers thought it was a bit derivative.

Rise of the Infinity Endgame Chapter II: Fallout of the Rogue Nation Protocol

No ideia why they thought it was derivative.

anigif_sub-buzz-11863-1521733125-1.gif

That being said, anyone care to venture a guess as to what could be the next production photos? Norway, perhaps?
    A new video from Imdb discussing the progression of the 'Bond girl' throughout the series. It includes new interview clips from the Jamaica press event:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/videoplayer/vi804240409?ref_=tt_ov_vi

Interestingly, the video hints that Lea Seydoux's character will die in the film in Bond 25. Even Seydoux seems to hint at this. Though it could just be the editing.

Ana describes her role as "bad ass" and Lashana seems to be suggesting her role is progressive

Thx for link. I think Maddy will survive, but Lea says it will be emotional, so I wonder if, like in the novels, FRWL (after DAF Tiffany has left Bond) and MR (Gala leaves Bond), Maddy rejects Bond because his life is too dangerous (reminding her of the life she had with her father - hence the potential flashback), but circumstances force Bond and Maddy back together again. This could explain why it seems (rumoured) Maddy appears in the pre-title scenes, but after the titles it very much looks like Bond is living alone in Jamaica. Perhaps Maddy has gone to Norway to start a new life?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Was this photo already shared here? If so, never mind. But here you go:

These are pictures of collaboration, not heated argument.
    Univex wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I’m willing to bet it was eclipse

If it was I'm glad they got rid of it.

It would have been a rubbish title. Then again I'm starting to think better a bad title than no title.
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    A new video from Imdb discussing the progression of the 'Bond girl' throughout the series. It includes new interview clips from the Jamaica press event:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/videoplayer/vi804240409?ref_=tt_ov_vi

Interestingly, the video hints that Lea Seydoux's character will die in the film in Bond 25. Even Seydoux seems to hint at this. Though it could just be the editing.

Ana describes her role as "bad ass" and Lashana seems to be suggesting her role is progressive

Thx for link. I think Maddy will survive, but Lea says it will be emotional, so I wonder if, like in the novels, FRWL (after DAF Tiffany has left Bond) and MR (Gala leaves Bond), Maddy rejects Bond because his life is too dangerous (reminding her of the life she had with her father - hence the potential flashback), but circumstances force Bond and Maddy back together again. This could explain why it seems (rumoured) Maddy appears in the pre-title scenes, but after the titles it very much looks like Bond is living alone in Jamaica. Perhaps Maddy has gone to Norway to start a new life?

Why are we calling her Maddy? She's never referred to as such in the films. Unless she's a personal friend of yours, I believe her correct title is Dr Madeleine Swann.

I do like your idea though. I think it's likely that Phoebe Waller-Bridge would write a scene where she dumps Bond, hence why he's living in solitude. Then perhaps later in the film, Malek's character will do some research on this ex-British spy who has been hindering him and discover Madeleine's existence and kidnap her. Then he'll kill her.

I doubt she'll make it out of the film alive. Though, there is certainly a more progressive message in having her leave Bond. It give her agency - something she lacked in SP - and would fit the new #MeToo era.

Lea gave a very heartfelt and soulful performance in SP and i love the theme that Thomas Newman wrote for her. Her acting in this scene is great - the tear and the way she holds the moment after discovering her father's death:

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    I agree about her performance @Pierce2Daniel but why can't we call her Maddy what's wrong in that.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    We've been calling her Maddy since 2014... It's not a new concept.
    Reading your opening paragraph @Pierce2Daniel, you did come over a little pompous there. After all, this isn't an undergraduate thesis that's going to get deducted marks on informal character name usage. It's a shame really as it kind of spoiled the rest of the points you were trying to make.
    "I believe her correct title is..." whatever the heck we want to call her.

She's a fictional character in a movie, not the Queen Mother.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    QBranch wrote: »
    We've been calling her Maddy since 2014... It's not a new concept.

If Roger Moore could call Bond "Jimmy", anything goes.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Maddy is fine and quicker to type. Geez. :)

Yeah, thank you. Our friend is some what pedantic.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 4,400

Somewhat*

(Sorry had to do that)

I just find it weird - I never saw her as a 'Maddy', she's a 'Madeleine' to me. Any attempt to shorten it to Maddy feels like a forced attempt to ingratiate her on us.

Also it gives the character and filmmakers of SP way more credit than they're due. They didn't effectively set up a character that rightfully deserves nickname affection.

but i get it if people are just too lazy to write 'Madeleine'.
    I bet there's hardly anyone called Madeleine in the world who is actually called Madeleine in their daily lives. A name like that invariably just gets shortened.

Somewhat*

(Sorry had to do that)

I just find it weird - I never saw her as a 'Maddy', she's a 'Madeleine' to me. Any attempt to shorten it to Maddy feels like a forced attempt to ingratiate her on us.

Also it gives the character and filmmakers of SP way more credit than they're due. They didn't effectively set up a character that rightfully deserves nickname affection.

Ha, well u are consistent that's for sure. Maddy is just quicker to write, some of us have busy lives and just jump on here quickly and knock out a reply.

But I do think "Madeleine" will be treated in an intelligent way and not just simply killed off. Far more interesting and dramatic to explore the idea that Bond is too dangerous to stay with and, perhaps, he is destined to always be alone.

Somewhat*

(Sorry had to do that)

I take it it's a slow news day regarding Bond 25 if we're debating whether it's okay to call Madeleine Swann Maddy!

Somewhat*

(Sorry had to do that)

Rather cheeky of you to be so familiar though, isn't it - surely "Dr. Swann" is more appropriate until you know one another better?

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 5,185
    After seeing Blue is the warmest color the other day, i will call her #MuffMunchMaddy from now on, i hope that's easier to stomach for everyone.

As for her character breaking up with Bond... Well they did that already didn't they? Even though it was short lived, but the impact was still there in that Moment, and the novelty of her being the 'first' to do that.
    I am really intrigued to see what they will do with her, because right now i can't figure it out.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    What is she's the actual author of all his pain?
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Here is a Spanish interview from Jamaica where the Bond ladies describe the upcoming Bond25. Pay attention to who says what word

JamesCraig wrote: »
    What is she's the actual author of all his pain?

Exactly
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited May 2019 Posts: 1,165
    I'm picturing a PTS ending in an accident while pursued by SPECTRE, with Bond crashing his car and imagery from the end of OHMSS being used. Bond cradles her in arms, he screams. Cut to the title sequence. We move through the film under the assumption she's dead. At the end of the movie, after all is said and done, we see Bond mourning over a grave. We assume it's Madeline's, until she appears by Bond's side. The grave is Vesper's. Maddy shows some wear from the accident, say an eye-patch (how cool would that look?) or with a cane, or in a wheelchair. Either way, she survives, and they embrace.

So, basically aping off Rogue Nation, but hey, it works.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    00Agent wrote: »
    After seeing Blue is the warmest color the other day, i will call her #MuffMunchMaddy from now on, i hope that's easier to stomach for everyone.

As for her character breaking up with Bond... Well they did that already didn't they? Even though it was short lived, but the impact was still there in that Moment, and the novelty of her being the 'first' to do that.
    I am really intrigued to see what they will do with her, because right now i can't figure it out.

;;)
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    So the second unit is still there I presume?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Somewhat*

(Sorry had to do that)

I take it it's a slow news day regarding Bond 25 if we're debating whether it's okay to call Madeleine Swann Maddy!

In my house, I have come to know this as the one and only Maddy/Maddie:

giphy.gif

jake24 wrote: »
    So the second unit is still there I presume?

Well spotted. It's always worth keeping an eye on the #Bond25 hashtag.

I saw this great photo of Craig there;

He looks terrific. a little older, for sure. but there is something of roaming lion in his poise alongside a hint of mischief. He looks seriously great.

So 2nd unit work is ongoing which thankfully means we get an action sequence in Jamaica. by the sounds of it, we may be getting a boat chase.......

is this the first we have heard about a potential action sequence?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    He does look great and has worked hard , and shown discipline to achieve it.

A few pages back, based on a couple of photos from basically the same moment, it was insinuated that he isn't as lean or fit as has been reported. Craig was skipping a stone and his shirt is hiked a bit, revealing his lower stomach. A post implied that he looked in less than peak condition. I've been involved in the health and fitness business for over 30 years, trust me, the man is top shape.

Bodies are like fingerprints, no two are exactly the same. Daniel Craig is a naturally lean guy who is very athletic. Unlike some who have a very tapered torso, his is fairly straight up and down. one thing that I noticed a while back is that even when very lean, his mid section has a tendency to distend when relaxed or exerting. This is not unusual and can be seen in many top athletes. This is what is happening in the stone skipping photo.

One sequence that illustrated what I'm describing is the torture sequence from CR. Craig is arguably at his leanest for this sequence, but there are several moments where his abdomen distends noticeably. There's nothing abnormal, it's just an idiosyncrasy.

My ultimate point is, he's great shape, the best since CR

Here are a couple of shots to illustrate.

L6uBLcb.jpg

MLd1qp5.png