No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Univex wrote: »
    octofinger wrote: »
    If they were both talking trash about someone else, it would still look like that. If they were both saying they dislike tunafish, it would look like that.

People are getting very narrow minded when analysing proxemics.

Get you heads out of where the sun doesn't shine folks. If people are that hungry for drama, I must conclude they are a bunch of overgrown sissies and hysterical divas nowadays. What a shame mankind as come to this. How dire. How depressing. How DUMB.

Is it possible you've taken this a tiny bit too far?

Not. I was actually quite temperate about it. And we shouldn't be mild about it. Because it is damaging and a sign of intelectual decadence.

If civilization is indeed in decline, the first place I'll look for evidence is not a James Bond fan forum.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 4,400
    A new video from Imdb discussing the progression of the 'Bond girl' throughout the series. It includes new interview clips from the Jamaica press event:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/videoplayer/vi804240409?ref_=tt_ov_vi

Interestingly, the video hints that Lea Seydoux's character will die in the film in Bond 25. Even Seydoux seems to hint at this. Though it could just be the editing.

Ana describes her role as "bad ass" and Lashana seems to be suggesting her role is progressive

A new video from Imdb discussing the progression of the 'Bond girl' throughout the series. It includes new interview clips from the Jamaica press event:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/videoplayer/vi804240409?ref_=tt_ov_vi
    Interestingly, the video hints that Lea Seydoux's character will die in the film in Bond 25. Even Seydoux seems to hint at this. Though it could just be the editing.

Ana describes her role as "bad ass" and Lashana seems to be suggesting her role is progressive

Ana and Lashana's comments seem like the usual tripe we here from bond girls though
    Swann's Death seems too obvious to be considered a spoiler I agree it's a waste of a character to bring her back just to die but considering they did this in Skyfall kind of I wouldn't put it past them
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    With Ana describing her role as a bad ass, I’m hoping this means she’ll be a proper Fiona Volpe femme-fatale :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited May 2019 Posts: 10,588
    I reckon Armas is playing a Camille-type ally that will assist Bond during a portion of the mission.
  • jake24 wrote: »
    I reckon Armas is playing a Camille-type ally that will assist Bond during a portion of the mission.

Agreed. If the whole "Cuba" setting is to be believed then I ponder if it shall be that potion. Somewhere the CIA contingent can't operate.

13532306-7032635-image-a-88_1557934167647.jpg

SPECTRE's piranha-infested pool of death disappoints!

Daniel Craig tries out his swimming pool and admits "the water's too cold!"

Bond shows off his skills on Q Branch's new invisible surfboard!

;)

If they were both talking trash about someone else, it would still look like that. If they were both saying they dislike tunafish, it would look like that.

People are getting very narrow minded when analysing proxemics.

Get you heads out of where the sun doesn't shine folks. If people are that hungry for drama, I must conclude they are a bunch of overgrown sissies and hysterical divas nowadays. What a shame mankind as come to this. How dire. How depressing. How DUMB.

Is it possible you've taken this a tiny bit too far?

Not. I was actually quite temperate about it. And we shouldn't be mild about it. Because it is damaging and a sign of intelectual decadence.

If civilization is indeed in decline, the first place I'll look for evidence is not a James Bond fan forum.

"They've got people everywhere" ;)
    I must confess I'm relieved at the pics of Lashana Lynch. They have an old school charm for one (she somehow reminds me of Miss Taro) and she looks much better than in the broadcast!

Still not happy we don't have a title yet.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I must confess I'm relieved at the pics of Lashana Lynch. They have an old school charm for one (she somehow reminds me of Miss Taro) and she looks much better than in the broadcast!

Hobbs and Shaw, trust me......the trailer will be attached to that film. We will only learnt the title once the trailer is released.

The film is out August 2nd and is destined to gross close to $1billion worldwide and a large amount of that will be its domestic haul. I suspect that MGM/UAR will want to tag the trailer to that movie.

I'm going to guess the end of July will be the moment we get the title reveal alongside the trailer.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm not sure they'll have enough footage to make the Hobbs and Shaw deadline. Depends on how they want to market it.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    jake24 wrote: »
    I'm not sure they'll have enough footage to make the Hobbs and Shaw deadline. Depends on how they want to market it.
    Enough for a teaser, I’m sure.

You only need it to be 1 min 30 seconds.

Include a prologue of Malek talking threateningly for 50 seconds (he's due at Pinewood this month) and then cut together a bunch of action shots and scenic Jamaican location images over the Bond theme. Hey presto, you have a teaser trailer.

By late July 2019, they'll be theoretically 3 months into their 6 month shoot. That's halfway. Seems to me they would have enough.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 10,588

Include a prologue of Malek talking threateningly for 50 seconds (he's due at Pinewood this month) and then cut together a bunch of action shots and scenic Jamaican location images over the Bond theme. Hey presto, you have a teaser trailer.

By late July 2019, they'll be theoretically 3 months into their 6 month shoot. That's halfway. Seems to me they would have enough.
    Cutting the trailer and scoring it is a process that takes weeks. They also wouldn't have much of the action done by that point.

They could always do something along the lines of the teaser for BR2049, where it's largely based on a single scene with a couple of shots that follow. Nevertheless, attaching it to H&S is an opportunity they won't wanna miss, so hopefully it works out.
    Ludovico wrote: »

Hobbs and Shaw, trust me......the trailer will be attached to that film. We will only learnt the title once the trailer is released.

The film is out August 2nd and is destined to gross close to $1billion worldwide and a large amount of that will be its domestic haul. I suspect that MGM/UAR will want to tag the trailer to that movie.

I'm going to guess the end of July will be the moment we get the title reveal alongside the trailer.

I don't think it's wise to wait that long. Heck it needed one during the broadcast!

Quite right. An atmospheric teaser, something that accomplishes "more with less" -- just enough to confirm Bond is back, and get the audience buzzing about it, is certainly do-able. Even with limited footage in the can.

I'd be gobsmacked if Universal lets the H&S release pass without a teaser attached. They're probably quite insistent on it, and rightfully so.

• edited May 2019 Posts: 3,164
    They managed a good teaser out of SPECTRE just fine, and that was cut together 2 months after they started shooting. Unlike other less brand driven films, Bond can get away with teasers having little footage (like Star Wars and Avengers).
    antovolk wrote: »
    They managed a good teaser out of SPECTRE just fine, and that was cut together 2 months after they started shooting. Unlike other less brand driven films, Bond can get away with teasers having little footage (like Star Wars and Avengers).

Yes -- that teaser dropped at the end of March, if memory serves, after an early December start (and a holiday break). So 4 months after production kickoff, if we're being generous.

And August 2nd would be a little over 3 months after B25's kickoff.
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »

Yes -- that teaser dropped at the end of March, if memory serves, after an early December start (and a holiday break). So 4 months after production kickoff, if we're being generous.

And August 2nd would be a little over 3 months after B25's kickoff.

EDIT: From a digital marketing perspective alone, it's also in their best interest to get an official title into the ether as soon as possible. From Google results to social media, "Bond 25" isn't equity they'll ultimately lean on or be able to use. They need the title in a hashtag sooner rather than later, and I can't see them wanting to wait any further than absolutely necessary past this point.

So yet another reason to drive a trailer reveal for this summer. And if for some unexpected reason that's truly out of the cards, I'd imagine we'll find out the title regardless through an official reveal in some other form.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    If they are short on action footage that is trailer worthy....

They should cut together a montage of events from the previous films, (essentially Dan's Bond's journey so far) cap it off with some of the more striking footage from Bond 25 in the final 10-15 seconds, then reveal the title at the end of it.

It'd be a good way of refreshing any casual fans of the four previous films and make them excited for the next one, all in the space of 90 seconds.

It'd end up similar to one of those "Journey to Endgame" trailers for Avengers.

The only issue is that it might have a sense of finality to it that might not be warranted, and it also might come across a bit fan-trailer-y.
    based on what we have I could build a trailer

(mind you the dialogue I am making up but....)

logos
    shots of a girl running across the ice
    (voice over)"I need a favor" leiter
    a shot of Mallik looking angry
    (voice over continues) "it's off the books"
    A shot of the girls face looking terrified
    (voice over continues) "I had heard a rumor you have gone native"
    A shot of bond walking with a spear gun
    close up on bond
    "I'm Retired"
    Bond theme blares as we see shots of Bond in the Caribbean the car chase in Norway shots of Bond and Swann Kissing etc
    title Card

RISICO

April 8th 2020
    Guarantee the first trailer has bond fighting magnussen, held captive by malek, reuniting with mi6 , and an Aston crash in matera
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Guarantee the first trailer has bond fighting magnussen, held captive by malek, reuniting with mi6 , and an Aston crash in matera

They won't have filmed in Matera yet.

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    based on what we have I could build a trailer

(mind you the dialogue I am making up but....)

logos
    shots of a girl running across the ice
    (voice over)"I need a favor" leiter
    a shot of Mallik looking angry
    (voice over continues) "it's off the books"
    A shot of the girls face looking terrified
    (voice over continues) "I had heard a rumor you have gone native"
    A shot of bond walking with a spear gun
    close up on bond
    "I'm Retired"
    Bond theme blares as we see shots of Bond in the Caribbean the car chase in Norway shots of Bond and Swann Kissing etc
    title Card

RISICO

April 8th 2020

Holy crap yes!
    The sequence on the lake would be great for a teaser.
    The Atlantic Ocean Road in Norway (where filming is due to commence in June) looks quite foreboding during a storm:
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Was this photo already shared here? If so, never mind. But here you go:
    IMO the teaser doesn't precisely need action scenes, as long as the cinematography stands out. Add the Bond theme or some variation of it, some ominous voiceover, and you're good to go.

It was wise to bring up BR2049 because indeed what calmed people's doubts and fears was how great the movie looked. And that it evoked the original movie in mood and atmosphere.
    I am not too worried about the trailer. It's the fact that they have yet to announce a title that bothers me.

My hypothesis, which I mentioned before somewhere, is that they already had a title chosen and pulled it out at the last minute due to negative reaction.
    I’m willing to bet it was eclipse