No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Always good to see photos; thanks. Yeah, some wrong angles can make things appear differently and people (especially haters) will exploit that. Yawn.

Photos seem to be the only real news we will have for a few days. Hoping Daniel is back soon; I think he will be. And Norway shooting soon. So enough to look forward to.

As for Madeline, we can speculate a dozen different scenarios for her. I don't even care to try; I want the film to be fresh for me when I see it. Her dying is utterly predictable based on past films, and that may be why she does not die in this one. One can hope. But I don't even read plot ideas here, or what you think will filmed at the locations; I just skip over that. I guess I'm here for the photos (without much explanation) and facts as they happen.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 12,459
    Also to add that the script does not worry me a bit. Since we've learned Phoebe was on board since beginning of this year, that is reassuring. It seems apparent to me that EON is trying (and Cary wants for sure) a solid script, layered, and that is exciting yet also delivers in many areas. Do I think Phoebe did a re-write of the entire script? No, not at all. But I think her input is probably a good thing (same for all writers). I'm still trusting Cary to push a great story for this one.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    There’s pictures on Twitter of Craig and fukunaga looking heated in discussion on set

I've seen those photos. They're not that heated. It looks like a discussion about what is suggested to be an intense scene (Craig is carrying a pistol in other shots at the same spot).

It looks to me that Fukanaga is doing exactly what he was hired to do...

Direct.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    These are the sources re. Cary about Madeleine and meeting Barbara Broccoli in 2017

Bond 25 director says he wants to explore Swann character

which references a Japanese interview with Cary

Also... Cary speaks French as well as Spanish.
    Here you go, one shot from twitter of the "heated" discussion. It could be they were disagreeing about lunch; you never know. ;)
    I like Craig and all but he seems a bit pissy there.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Every photo of Daniel Craig is a photo of Daniel Craig being pissy, these days.

Even when he isn't.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 6,677
    If they were both talking trash about someone else, it would still look like that. If they were both saying they dislike tunafish, it would look like that.

People are getting very narrow minded when analysing proxemics.

Get you heads out of where the sun doesn't shine folks. If people are that hungry for drama, I must conclude they are a bunch of overgrown sissies and hysterical divas nowadays. What a shame mankind as come to this. How dire. How depressing. How DUMB.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Here you go, one shot from twitter of the "heated" discussion. It could be they were disagreeing about lunch; you never know. ;)

Of course they could be rehearsing a scene, with CJF 'playing' the other role.
    And let's not forget, people do disagree. It's weird I know, but they do. Perhaps they're having an argument. That doesn't mean the film is doomed, or Craig and Fukunaga don't get on. I'd be happy that they're both passionate about making a good film.
    It's probably just Craig expressing his feelings about Liverpool losing out on the league title by one point. I had a similar expression when Arsenal lost out on the top four – also by one point…
    It's probably just Craig expressing his feelings about Liverpool losing out on the league title by one point. I had a similar expression when Arsenal lost out on the top four – also by one point…

That's probably exactly it. Really. You have probably nailed it, @Torgeirtrap ;)
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    NO THEY HATE EACH OTHER THE MOVIE IS A DISASTER RAAAAAAAAARGH

-_-
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Matt wrote: »
    Ohmygoshno.

First the CGI. Now animation. I'll try to hold judgment.
    looney-tunes-back-in-action.jpg
    So it pretty much looks like there not marketing it as DCs last film. Babs will try and sway him for one more. I’m guessing the ending will be as open ended as spectres.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    You can nearly almost anything into a photo. Seriously, I want photos and I'll just skip most of the text. I'm getting good at that. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    There’s pictures on Twitter of Craig and fukunaga looking heated in discussion on set

I've seen those photos. They're not that heated. It looks like a discussion about what is suggested to be an intense scene (Craig is carrying a pistol in other shots at the same spot).

OMG, HOLD THE PRESS!

Craig tried to shoot Fukunaga???
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Univex wrote: »
    If they were both talking trash about someone else, it would still look like that. If they were both saying they dislike tunafish, it would look like that.

Get you heads out of where the sun doesn't shine folks. If people are that hungry for drama, I must conclude they are a bunch of overgrown sissies and hysterical divas nowadays. What a shame mankind as come to this. How dire. How depressing. How DUMB.

=D> =D> =D>
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Minion wrote: »
    NO THEY HATE EACH OTHER THE MOVIE IS A DISASTER RAAAAAAAAARGH

-_-

Yep. Also DE BELLY IS TEH PUFFY...

Craig looks like he can rip Fukunaga in two. I don't think it's smart for a twig like him to pick a fight with an alpha man like Craig.

Is it possible you've taken this a tiny bit too far?
    edited May 2019 Posts: 3,497
    octofinger wrote: »

Maybe, but he does have a point.

You must tolerate all kinds of "opinions", of course, but so far a lot of what I see here is worse than on the Superherohypeforums.

Sorry.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Don’t apologize. You’re not wrong.

That's probably exactly it. Really. You have probably nailed it, @Torgeirtrap ;)

Let's hope so! :-D
    Just a thought but were Babs or MGW on location in Jamaica? Cubby was always there with the crew wasn't he? We never seem to see Babs on set or location.
    Getafix wrote: »
    Just a thought but were Babs or MGW on location in Jamaica? Cubby was always there with the crew wasn't he? We never seem to see Babs on set or location.

Some if the documentaries suggest that Cubby worked as a sort of master concierge on set - making sure that everyone was fed and watered and comfortable. I'm sure there are teams of assistants doing that these days, but it was a nice touch . . .
  • How long before a press story goes round that Cary pushed Craig off a Dock because they'd had a "furious arguement" over his "weight" ... Sometimes everything adds up I'll not disagree with that. But sometimes 2 + 2 is determined to be 5.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Not as slim as before, though:
    13532306-7032635-image-a-88_1557934167647.jpg
    It will be interesting to see how many skims Bond can do. 25 perhaps? My personal stone skimming record is 21, from one side of the creek to the other. I'm hoping to break it.
    octofinger wrote: »

Not. I was actually quite temperate about it. And we shouldn't be mild about it. Because it is damaging and a sign of intelectual decadence.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Not as slim as before, though:
    13532306-7032635-image-a-88_1557934167647.jpg
    It will be interesting to see how many skims Bond can do. 25 perhaps? My personal stone skimming record is 21, from one side of the creek to the other. I'm hoping to break it.

If he does 26, you know what's coming next...