No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    The last Bond movie was released in 2015 and the script of the next Bond film isn’t finished yet, even though they begin filming in just a few weeks. The last Christopher Nolan movie was released in 2017 and the script of the next Nolan film is already finished, even though filming won’t start until summer.

Just sayin’...

And your point is exactly?

Sweet FA of actual worth, as per usual.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Assumptions, assumptions and more assumptions.

And please stop using examples of other people's work because it means duck all.

Nolan's films happen fast because no-one is gonna say "no" to him and that's not necessarily a good thing.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    edited March 2019 Posts: 544
    The last Bond movie was released in 2015 and the script of the next Bond film isn’t finished yet, even though they begin filming in just a few weeks. The last Christopher Nolan movie was released in 2017 and the script of the next Nolan film is already finished, even though filming won’t start until summer.

Just sayin’...

I give a damn about Nolan, he can make a film per day and I'll keep giving a damn. Dunkirk almost makes me fall asleep, the 11 times I watched the unfairly maligned SPECTRE filled me of thrills and the 2h 40m flew like 10 seconds.

Who wants to be a Nolan girl? Who wants to be a Nolan villain? Who wants to sing the next Nolan title tune? I'm kind of upset every time I hear about the Black or Female Bond rumors, but on the bright side it shows Bond is still relevant no matter if Bond 25 takes a century to be made.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Assumptions, assumptions and more assumptions.

And please stop using examples of other people's work because it means duck all.

If we have to "compare" Bond with something alike it'd be Mission: Impossible and...

M:I > M:I-II = Four years (as long as QOS to Skyfall)
    M:I-II> M:I-III = Six years (as long as LTK to GE)
    M:I-III > M:I-Ghost Protocol = Five years (as long as SPECTRE to Bond 25)
    M:I-Ghost Protocol > M:I-Rogue Nation = Four years again
    M:I-Rogue Nation > M:I-Fallout = Three years (the shortest gap)

All films have the same producer and leading actor, and those huge delays!
    Damn, Cruise has to leave the franchise and Danny Boyle should take over!

Just sayin’...

I thought it was obvious... My point is that the people running EON have no idea what they are doing.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Just sayin’...

I thought it was obvious... My point is that the people running EON have no idea what they are doing.
    That's why they've been running a successful film franchise for 32 years...
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    You have no idea what the hell you are talking about @PanchitoPistoles You and @Pierce2Daniel look at an article of BS and pure speculation and take it as complete fact! You think EON are run by a bunch of idiots who have no idea where the script is going and in reality they are hard at work with getting ready for filming with an idea of where the film is going and in my opinion you just love the attention and getting everyone angry and ticked off! Just for once please stop!
    i think the only times EON have made great bond films in the last 25 years were GE & CR. Skyfall was close but it deviated too far and was Ms story
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619

Just sayin’...

The only reason Barbara and Michael are running a successful film franchise is that they inherited the Bond movie rights.Had you inherited those rights instead of them, then you would be running a successful film franchise.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    Or you would have run it into the ground. Skyfall, on the other hand, was the biggest hit in the history of the franchise.

Just sayin’...

The only reason Barbara and Michael are running a successful film franchise is that they inherited the Bond movie rights.Had you inherited those rights instead of them, then you would be running a successful film franchise.

And if they didn't do the job well GoldenEye wouldn't have existed and Bond would have ceased to exist in 1989. But no. You have Millennials and Gen Z guys who are Bond fans or Bond enthusiasts - not even Ian Fleming could think his character would reach people born in the 1990s or 2000s, and we have to thank MGW and BB for that.

Well, even Broccoli and Salztman at first tought Bond would last only 10 years or so.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'm deleting this because this debate is a waste of time. Just know that I will always strongly support Eon and the running of their business, because if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be here talking to you guys about my favourite movie franchise.

Just sayin’...

And if they didn't do the job well GoldenEye wouldn't have existed and Bond would have ceased to exist in 1989. But no. You have Millennials and Gen Z guys who are Bond fans or Bond enthusiasts - not even Ian Fleming could think his character would reach people born in the 1990s or 2000s, and we have to thank MGW and BB for that.

Not much from Gen Z, if we're honest, which raises the ever present question: Where's the next generation of fans going to come from? The fanbase is aging, Bond isn't 'cool' at the moment. Millennials have fond memories of the Brosnan era - I see it frequently. Craig is "all right" to them, but they miss Brosnan's Bond, even if they don't necessarily miss the scripts.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    edited March 2019 Posts: 467
    They'll put a younger Bond, with a lighter tone, and then there will be people who complain that it's not like the Craig years. It happens every time.
    MooreFun wrote: »

Just sayin’...

Not much from Gen Z, if we're honest, which raises the ever present question: Where's the next generation of fans going to come from? The fanbase is aging, Bond isn't 'cool' at the moment. Millennials have fond memories of the Brosnan era - I see it frequently. Craig is "all right" to them, but they miss Brosnan's Bond, even if they don't necessarily miss the scripts.

There'll always be a new generation of Bond fans, either from the films or the videogames. Someone born in 1998 is most likely a Craig fan having watched CR at 8 or so, and if they discover the early Bond films they'll like Dalton because both are quite similar. There's also the possibility of older brothers getting them in the Bondmania, things like that. I'm (by definition, not ideology) a "millennial" and I'm surprised to see people younger than me that they like Bond.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Monday should come with some news and possible images of filming if all the Norwegian News Outlets are to be believed.

My arguement is what sells more copy and gets more clicks for the Playlist. Script doctor does job in time allotted or Script Doctor now off project?
    Anyway, why are we all acting as if there was an actual delay?
    That Fiennes interview is from four days ago. He just said he hasn't seen the script and doesn't knows the title. Rodrigo Pérez then said Burns delivered his draft.
    The rest is pure speculation.
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    Monday should come with some news and possible images of filming if all the Norwegian News Outlets are to be believed.

My arguement is what sells more copy and gets more clicks for the Playlist. Script doctor does job in time allotted or Script Doctor now off project?

The guy may have had a minor scoop when he revealed that Burns was involved, but he still got a few details wrong, and he doesn't seem to have a stable source for information on the production. That's maybe why he pointlessly dramatizes some writing process that's usually anything but glamorous or exciting.
  • kg54mvpkg54mvp USA
    You guys are the most negative bunch I've ever seen. Just because of ONE half assed article, some of you think we are all screwed over?

Give me a break. Worse than some sports fans.
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    kg54mvp wrote: »
    You guys are the most negative bunch I've ever seen. Just because of ONE half assed article, some of you think we are all screwed over?

Give me a break. Worse than some sports fans.

The guy may have had a minor scoop when he revealed that Burns was involved, but he still got a few details wrong, and he doesn't seem to have a stable source for information on the production. That's maybe why he pointlessly dramatizes some writing process that's usually anything but glamorous or exciting.

Make them laugh,
    make them cry.
    Make them buy,
    buy and buy!

Sin-t-tulo.jpg

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Just sayin’...

One could actually say this for the spy drama as a whole, I think. The genre hasn't really caught up with the internet streaming generation. Beyond Bond and MI, there isn't huge mainstream pull anymore.

But yes, the question still applies to Bond, and that is regardless of the quality of the film. Tastes are adjusting in accordance with the changing culture.

But I digress, that is post-Bond 25 issue that I can see Eon finding a solution for once they're on stable ground.

My faith remains strong.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    It would be pretty funny if they delayed it again though
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 49
    I'm deleting this because this debate is a waste of time. Just know that I will always strongly support Eon and the running of their business, because if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be here talking to you guys about my favourite movie franchise.

BRAVO, BRAVO!!!!!!!
    FredJB007 wrote: »

Filming begins in 3 days.

Just sayin’...

If Bond isn't cool now, then why are the films still making a ton at the BO?

If Brosnan is so missed and Craig is only considered "all right", why have Craig's films out grossed Brosnan's Bond films (SF being one of the most successful films in UK BO history as well as breaking numerous records WW)?

Why is there so much media attention for Bond 25 if no one (Gen Z) cares anymore?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Filming begins in 3 days.

Thank you for the reminder...
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Just sayin’...

If Bond isn't cool now, then why are the films still making a ton at the BO?

If Brosnan is so missed and Craig is only considered "all right", why have Craig's films out grossed Brosnan's Bond films (SF being one of the most successful films in UK BO history as well as breaking numerous records WW)?

Why is there so much media attention for Bond 25 if no one (Gen Z) cares anymore?

Not only that, SF was highest grossing bond film adjusted to inflation as well getting past GF & TB
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 698
    [/quote] Not much from Gen Z, if we're honest, which raises the ever present question: Where's the next generation of fans going to come from? The fanbase is aging, Bond isn't 'cool' at the moment. Millennials have fond memories of the Brosnan era - I see it frequently. Craig is "all right" to them, but they miss Brosnan's Bond, even if they don't necessarily miss the scripts.[/quote]

I'm proud to say that I am a "millennial" that has grown up loving the Daniel Craig Bond films. We definitely exist and I think MGW and BB are doing a great job introducing people into Bond in this current era.
    Scott Z Burns leaves Bond 25; script still unfinished; will film make start date?
    https://theplaylist.net/ralph-fiennes-hasnt-seen-bond-25-script-20190321/

From the same reporter who announced Burns’s invovlement.

Not looking positive....
    And why not? There is hardly any Information in that article, let alone News.

Rodrigo Pérez also says that the script is apparently unifinished, so that's guesswork. As I read it, he thinks it's unfinished because Fiennes hasn't read it yet.

As I read it, he thinks using words such as "unfinished", or "leave" stir up more emotions than "he finished his Job successfully".

boldfinger wrote: »
    Scott Z Burns leaves Bond 25; script still unfinished; will film make start date?

From the same reporter who announced Burns’s invovlement.

Not looking positive....
    And why not? There is hardly any Information in that article, let alone News.

Agree. Just speculation. Burns will have completed the work he was contracted to do. He may be too busy on other projects to do any further tweaks, but, I suspect, either Cary or P&W will do any further revisions. This is all very normal in film production.