No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,630
    jake24 wrote: »
    Okay, I'm not in the 'scoop' game and this is fairly logical anyway. But...through a friend I've been able to meet a girl who works at Pinewood (something to do with a production guild).

She's told me about the Cats production which was shooting there. Apparently, it's gonna involve partially live-action/partially CGI costumes (sounds pretty bad to me) but she seems optimistic.

Anyway, she has access to Pinewood's schedule and confirmed to me that filming on Bond 25 begins April 5th 2019. Apparently, no information is listed regarding shooting locations which she says is unusual. She says she should know a lot more once shooting begins.

I have no reason to think she's lying. I've seen photos of her at Pinewood and she couldn't give a shit about Bond 25, she only checked because I asked.

This date makes a lot of sense as well because April 5th would be Cubby Broccoli’s 100th birthday
    Interesting. Seems like something I would want to capitalize if I were them.

It was a typo. It would be his 110th birthday.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    jake24 wrote: »
    Okay, I'm not in the 'scoop' game and this is fairly logical anyway. But...through a friend I've been able to meet a girl who works at Pinewood (something to do with a production guild).

She's told me about the Cats production which was shooting there. Apparently, it's gonna involve partially live-action/partially CGI costumes (sounds pretty bad to me) but she seems optimistic.

Anyway, she has access to Pinewood's schedule and confirmed to me that filming on Bond 25 begins April 5th 2019. Apparently, no information is listed regarding shooting locations which she says is unusual. She says she should know a lot more once shooting begins.

I have no reason to think she's lying. I've seen photos of her at Pinewood and she couldn't give a shit about Bond 25, she only checked because I asked.

This date makes a lot of sense as well because April 5th would be Cubby Broccoli’s 100th birthday
    Interesting. Seems like something I would want to capitalize if I were them.

It was a typo. It would be his 110th birthday.
    Ah. Still worth a mention. Reminds me of when they focused on the "50 years to the day since Connery was announced to play Bond" at the SF press conference.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    All of this reminds me: Daniel Craig was / is the first Social Media Bond. It isn’t exactly an enviable position for him.
  • MonsieurMerciMonsieurMerci France
    --
    FoxRox wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »

lol. If you scroll up you can see my original message. Shout out to the guy who quoted me on twitter though.

So the press conference will be on April 5th which is a Friday

If the filming starts April 5, wouldn’t the conference be at least a day before?

For Bond25 press conference, April 1 could be funny
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited February 2019 Posts: 4,043
    TripAces wrote: »
    All of this reminds me: Daniel Craig was / is the first Social Media Bond. It isn’t exactly an enviable position for him.

I pointed this out some time back but it was mostly ignored. Certain members were so wrapped up in their who could be Bond next posts.

They were slagging DC off, saying if can't hack it then he should quit.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out who.

I commented that no other Bond has ever had to face down the intrusion and criticism he has because of the internet and the likes of Cavill and Turner wouldn't have clue what was coming if they ever got the job.
    When Boyle was fired/stepped down, wasn’t it reported that he didn’t agree with Craig’s insistence to kill off Bond?
    Mi6’s recent report confirms that their plan was to kill off Bond but do you think that Boyle ultimately disagreed with this, or couldn’t find a suitable way to crack it? Craig is still onboard and it was rumoured from very early on (before Boyle’s involvement) that Craig was influenced by Logan to return to do one last Bond.

Whether or not they go through with it, this does go to show that Craig has somewhat of a stranglehold on the franchise. He has been great but I do look forward to him stepping down.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 19,339
    As I have said before,if they kill off Bond then i'm not ever watching this film and will ignore it.
    An absolutely bloody stupid idea that shouldn't even be considered.
    TR007 wrote: »
    When Boyle was fired/stepped down, wasn’t it reported that he didn’t agree with Craig’s insistence to kill off Bond?
    Mi6’s recent report confirms that their plan was to kill off Bond but do you think that Boyle ultimately disagreed with this, or couldn’t find a suitable way to crack it? Craig is still onboard and it was rumoured from very early on (before Boyle’s involvement) that Craig was influenced by Logan to return to do one last Bond.

Whether or not they go through with it, this does go to show that Craig has somewhat of a stranglehold on the franchise. He has been great but I do look forward to him stepping down.

A lot of what gets attributed to DC is never confirmed, the press have been out for him from the get go.

I'm not saying he's made all good decisions, although I think some of what he is supposedly responsible for comes from rumours and the tabloid press.

He doesn't confirm or deny a lot of what is said about, I don't think he can be bothered.

It's like when he was said to have asked for huge pay to reprise his role as Mikhael Blomvist in the Dragon Tatoo sequels.

I have my doubts that was the case. I also think the control he has on these films is also blown out proportion.

The amount people are willing to believe from other sources amazes me.

Look we'll find out with the next guy if Daniel was the problem. If the films become more regular and the other issues are not evident that some like to bitch about. Although till then a good deal of it is mere speculation and rumours to what he is or isn't responsible for.

I think he's become the punch bag for some fans to take out their frustrations on and a good deal of it is never confirmed to be his doing.
    Shardlake wrote: »

I pointed this out some time back but it was mostly ignored. Certain members were so wrapped up in their who could be Bond next posts.

I commented that no other Bond has ever had to face down the intrusion and criticism he has because of the internet and the likes of Cavill and Turner wouldn't have clue what was coming if they ever got the job.

You’re so right, Cavill hasn’t been in a high profile role where the franchise got nigh-endless criticism. You’d have to be Superman to handle that.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 4,043
    MooreFun wrote: »

You’re so right, Cavill hasn’t been in a high profile role where the franchise got nigh-endless criticism. You’d have to be Superman to handle that.

I'm afraid there is no other role in cinema history like Bond it's unprecedented.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    MooreFun wrote: »

Sometimes a tent pole is just a block of wood. ;)
    Again if Cavill were cast as Bond number 7 I wouldn't mind at all I would prefer Hardy Hiddleston or Fassbender but still
    I think Cavill has gotten better as an actor over the past few years. EON will never hire him, though -- he's too associated with other franchises (Superman, Mission Impossible).
  • Henry Cavill would have been a good choice but he is already associated with two Hollywood film franchises. Stop thinking in popular actors like Tom Hardy or Tom Hiddleston. The next actor will be younger and low profile.
    The past (EON going with lower profile actors) will not necessarily influence the future.

The amount people are willing to believe from other sources amazes me.

Look we'll find out with the next guy if Daniel was the problem. If the films become more regular and the other issues are not evident that some like to bitch about. Although till then a good deal of it is mere speculation and rumours to what he is or isn't responsible for.

I think he's become the punch bag for some fans to take out their frustrations on and a good deal of it is never confirmed to be his doing.
    That's what's really turned me off in this thread is the clinging to what some "insider" has to say as gospel or at least a quick fix. Every Thursday it seems like without fail somebody will anticipate if "Baz" has some tidbit to share. I understand the man has broken some things in the past, but the instant gratification need is just nuts.

I think the worst part was a year ago when they were hanging onto some Reddit contributor's ramblings.

Craig has helped bring the series to new heights during his tenure, so I'm pretty grateful for his contributions to the series. Who knows what is true and isn't in this mass media age.

• edited February 2019 Posts: 6,665
    BT3366 wrote: »
    Craig has helped bring the series to new heights during his tenure, so I'm pretty grateful for his contributions to the series. Who knows what is true and isn't in this mass media age.

That’s very true. Interesting part is that I was never very interested in the feuds and difficulties of past productions. Even during my lifetime. So this is all symptomatic of this day and age and the longing for instantaneous nourishment, which lends itself to a continious cry. We must all strive to better handle frustration and angst. They - the producers - have the real weight on their shoulders, not us. We’re just here to be taken for a ride. In the future we’ll have a laught about it all, as if we have grown from this experience. Come the conference, we’ll all be giddy and forgetful of past silences. That being said, I haven’t been here for a while, Is something confirmed about starting dates? I know no one has spoken of a press momentum, so, anything new? And, if not, that’s actually cool ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Daniel Craig to star in Todd Field’s The Creed of Violence

http://collider.com/daniel-craig-todd-field-the-creed-of-violence/

Set in 1910 during the Mexican Revolution, The Creed of Violence follows an assassin named Rawbone (Craig) and a young government agent named John Lourdes as they travel from Texas to Mexico to stop a smuggling ring.

Set in 1910 during the Mexican Revolution, The Creed of Violence follows an assassin named Rawbone (Craig) and a young government agent named John Lourdes as they travel from Texas to Mexico to stop a smuggling ring.

I’m a little surprised to see Craig immediately wants to tackle something else after Bond 25.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

Todd Field is also the writer/director of the Purity series that Craig was/is attached to.
    I actually first saw/knew of Todd Field from his role in Eyes Wide Shut. I wanted to check out his directorial work sometime. Hopefully this new work with Craig will be good!

I digress. I suppose Craig just wants to stay busy lately. He did just do Knives Out, has Bond 25 up now, then will be going to this new project. I don’t think he did any movies between SF and SP.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    He doesn't seem tired this time during a bond film lol

Likely because he hadn’t done anything yet

When is this movie set to film?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Risico007 wrote: »

Likely because he hadn’t done anything yet

When is this movie set to film?

Spring 2020.
    I am going to maintain positive thoughts about bond25 and if we get a strong film with a Fleming title I will be fine with bond 25 taking as long as it is
    So if bond 25 gets delayed again how is he going to film that
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    So if bond 25 gets delayed again how is he going to film that
    Because it’s not going to be delayed again.
  • Do you think they are going to announce a new date for begin filming?? Or are they really going to begin as schedule??

Meanwhile, I think that to calm the fans they should do the Press Conference soon, regardless of whether they start on March 4th or April 8th.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I actually first saw/knew of Todd Field from his role in Eyes Wide Shut. I wanted to check out his directorial work sometime. Hopefully this new work with Craig will be good!

I digress. I suppose Craig just wants to stay busy lately. He did just do Knives Out, has Bond 25 up now, then will be going to this new project. I don’t think he did any movies between SF and SP.

@FoxRox: Little Children is a must-see. And it has one of the very best trailers of all time..