What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• edited February 2019 Posts: 17,279
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Lissie is my number one choice. She simply doesn't write a bad song and her voice is astounding. Listen to Blood And Muscle or Meet Me In The Mystery.

I've missed the chance to see her live twice now. Hopefully I'll get the chance at some point!
    Edit: she did some songs with Norwegian band Bigbang some years ago too. Worth a listen:

• DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    Cheers for the link! Her last three albums are so strong. Her writing and voice get stronger with each release.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,279
    Cheers for the link! Her last three albums are so strong. Her writing and voice get stronger with each release.

Definitely agree! Her last couple of albums have been particularly good.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Lissie would do a fantastic job. My favourite song 'In Sleep' isn't very Bondian, but she could so pull it off :D
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 677
    Still holding out hope for a Lana del Rey Bond theme.

• echoecho 007 in New York
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Lissie is my number one choice. She simply doesn't write a bad song and her voice is astounding. Listen to Blood And Muscle or Meet Me In The Mystery.

I've missed the chance to see her live twice now. Hopefully I'll get the chance at some point!
    Edit: she did some songs with Norwegian band Bigbang some years ago too. Worth a listen:

It would be interesting to see an outside-the-box choice like her. Surely "the new Bond song" would sell? Pick the best song, Eon!
  • Still want Dave Gahan/Depeche Mode

That would be good.

Gahan with Gore, though. Useless on his own.

• bondjames wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    Just been struck by how many 80s bands would have been perfect for Bond. I mean Duran Duran and A Ha did great work but the sound of the decade seems so well suited to Bond.
    I agree. The 80's had some wonderful sounds which were suited.

Even less famous names like Alison Moyet could have delivered.

Talk Talk could have aced it too

Or Simply Red

Or Human League

Or even Mr. Mister

Indeed.

Couldn’t have Simply Red though, @bondjames!

• Echo and the Bunnymen
    Simple Minds
    The Associates
    Yello
    Psychedelic Furs

With Barry’s guidance and control, all would’ve been weird and wonderful choices for AVTAK and TLD.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Indeed, the 80s were a target rich environment for potential title artists.

In two weeks I’m going to see Duran Duran, here in New Orleans. I’ve seen them over a half dozen times and it’s always a great show.

Of course I’m hoping to hear AVTAK
  • talos7 wrote: »

In two weeks I’m going to see Duran Duran, here in New Orleans. I’ve seen them over a half dozen times and it’s always a great show.

Love Duran Duran. 1985 was their absolute peak.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,883
    GetCarter wrote: »
    Echo and the Bunnymen
    Simple Minds
    The Associates
    Yello
    Psychedelic Furs

With Barry’s guidance and control, all would’ve been weird and wonderful choices for AVTAK and TLD.
    Great choices. Perhaps you're right on Simply Red @GetCarter, although something like Holding Back The Years has possibilities.
    talos7 wrote: »

Great band. They still have it too. I missed seeing them a few years back and regretted it. Enjoy.
    You only have to listen to Band Aid to realise how many great singers there were within that era. Sometimes, the image was not right but, my goodness, there were so many belting voices who easily could have done a Bond theme.
    patb wrote: »
    You only have to listen to Band Aid to realise how many great singers there were within that era. Sometimes, the image was not right but, my goodness, there were so many belting voices who easily could have done a Bond theme.
    Absolutely. Phil Collins is another one who could have delivered a cracker.
    George Michael!
    Paul Young, yes, Boy George, yes, George Michael, yes, Simon LeBon, yes, Sting, yes, Tony Hadley, yes, Bono, yes, the list goes on,
    Is that 'yes' in the affirmative or are you repeatedly suggesting the English prog rockers, Yes?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes_(band)
    Getafix wrote: »
    Is that 'yes' in the affirmative or are you repeatedly suggesting the English prog rockers, Yes?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes_(band)

I guess his answer to that will be yes
    All of those guys would have been more than capable of producing a great Bond theme IMHO plus we have mentioned all of the great female singers of the 80s.
    Ann Wilson , Pat Benatar, Deborah Harry, Whitney Houston....
    Sade, Annie Lenox,
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    GetCarter wrote: »
    Still want Dave Gahan/Depeche Mode

That would be good.

Gahan with Gore, though. Useless on his own.

Gahan would be fine with the Soulsavers, Ideally Depeche Mode but the last DG & Soulsavers showed me enough to think they'd pull it off.
    echo wrote: »

It would be interesting to see an outside-the-box choice like her. Surely "the new Bond song" would sell? Pick the best song, Eon!

Yes, it would be really interesting to see EON pick a lesser-known name. Doubt it will happen though, as the recent names have been very mainstream.
  • A question for you music lovers - does anybody know if there is a correlation between higher box office and the films with title songs by US soul divas?

As in, more $$ stateside?
    Hasn’t it already been leaked that it’s going to be Dua Lipa? Much like music industry insiders leaked Sam Smith long before it was announced, despite denials from Smith himself, he was eventually revealed as the singer. The same is now being said of Dua Lipa doing Bond 25.
    bondsum wrote: »
    Hasn’t it already been leaked that it’s going to be Dua Lipa? Much like music industry insiders leaked Sam Smith long before it was announced, despite denials from Smith himself, he was eventually revealed as the singer. The same is now being
    said of Dua Lipa doing Bond 25.

Please No...
    patb wrote: »
    Sade, Annie Lenox,

Sade. Still remarkably one of the highest earning female artists. I think she beat Adele to top spot within the last 5 years.
    You know what?
    Jamie Cullum

Univex wrote: »
    You know what?
    Jamie Cullum

I had suggested him some time back on another thread. I'd like a jazzy title song (it's been a while) or at least some jazz influence. EON probably will go with someone more chart friendly and known, at least based on recent evidence.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    You know what?
    Jamie Cullum

I had suggested him some time back on another thread. I'd like a jazzy title song (it's been a while) or at least some jazz influence. EON probably will go with someone more chart friendly and known, at least based on recent evidence.

I couldn't agree more. And listening to this one, with Laura Mvula, it really made me want a jazzy song. Just listen in from 1:33 on. Groovy.

This discussion has been closed.