What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Shirley Bassey. End of.
  • MonsieurMerciMonsieurMerci France
    Still want Dave Gahan/Depeche Mode
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Yes, either solo or with the band.
    talos7 wrote: »

That would be great – perfect even. Unlikely to happen if EON want to have the most "current" names for their theme tunes.

That would be great – perfect even. Unlikely to happen if EON want to have the most "current" names for their theme tunes.

This is for the most part true, but when he was select Chris Cornell was not at the peak of his career.

This is for the most part true, but when he was select Chris Cornell was not at the peak of his career.

That's very true, of course. We can only hope EON doesn't feel the need to go for the most talked about names for that reason alone. Plenty of interesting artists out there that could be a better fit than Ed Sheeran, Dua Whatshername etc.

True. In fact EON went through a long spell of picking artists well past their prime.

The last truly of the moment choice prior to Adele was A Ha I'd say
    I wouldn’t mind Gaga at all but want a song with balls, not another ballad.
    Other than her Arctic Monkeys and either of the Gallagher’s; actually a reunited Oasis with Noel doing music and lyrics and Liam on vocals would be epic...... if they didn’t kill each other doing it :D
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Other than her Arctic Monkeys and either of the Gallagher’s; actually a reunited Oasis with Noel doing music and lyrics and Liam on vocals would be epic...... if they didn’t kill each other doing it :D

Now we're talking!
    Univex wrote: »

Now we're talking!

Not only would it probably be a killer song, but think of the additional press it would garner.

Title Song by Oasis...

Now we're talking!

Not only would it probably be a killer song, but think of the additional press it would garner.

Title Song by Oasis...

The additional press that would gather would be massive – both for Bond and Oasis.

Now we're talking!

Title Song by Oasis...

The additional press that would gather would be massive – both for Bond and Oasis.

Win, Win. Baby
    And for anyone who thinks Bond doesn’t need additional press, there is never too much press.

Absolutely!
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,293

Now we're talking!

Title Song by Oasis...

Win, Win. Baby
    And for anyone who thinks Bond doesn’t need additional press, there is never too much press.

Definitely agree! I really enjoy what Liam and Noel have done after Oasis, so having them team up again now that they're a bit older would surely be a success.

Now we're talking!

Title Song by Oasis...

Win, Win. Baby

Definitely agree! I really enjoy what Liam and Noel have done after Oasis, so having them team up again now that they're a bit older would surely be a success.

Now we're talking!

Title Song by Oasis...

Win, Win. Baby

This is sooo much better than the song we got for SP. Fits perfectly with the title sequence!
    Awesome!

Now we're talking!

Title Song by Oasis...

Win, Win. Baby

I’ve watched this several times and can’t get over how brilliant, and superior to the abysmal, Oscar winning effort by Sam Smith, this song is when put to the SPECTRE titles.
    This alone would raise the film a notch or two in my rankings. ;)

Now we're talking!

Title Song by Oasis...

Win, Win. Baby

I’ve watched this several times and can’t get over how brilliant, and superior to the abysmal, Oscar winning effort by Sam Smith, this song is when put to the SPECTRE titles.
    This alone would raise the film a notch or two in my rankings. ;)

My feelings exactly!
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    I'm still hoping for Muse, but wouldn't hold my breath
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2019 Posts: 4,444
    Great song The Man Who Built The Moon . But: ''The Spider and The Fly'' sound better as title. :)

Madeline: Do you whant to be in my spiders web ?!

Bond sings Frank Sinatra: No! Come fly with me..

Funny: Daniel Craig is not seen in Spidersweb movie.. the sequel of 2011 millenium movie he started in.
    Scroll down and read the comments on the official video, many mention Bond.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Scroll down and read the comments on the official video, many mention Bond.

Incredible track.
    Lady Gaga is still my pick. Especially after seeing a star is born. If she wins the Oscar you better believe Eon will try and get her.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 42
    I don't listen to Sam Smith's music, but I sure as hell appreciate him for The Writing's on the Wall. So as long as they keep up the ridiculous quality of the Craig films, I'm down for whatever.
    InTheWind wrote: »
    I don't listen to Sam Smith's music, but I sure as hell appreciate him for The Writing's on the Wall. So as long as they keep up the ridiculous quality of the Craig films, I'm down for whatever.

So do you actually like the song, particularly his performance?

Just been struck by how many 80s bands would have been perfect for Bond. I mean Duran Duran and A Ha did great work but the sound of the decade seems so well suited to Bond.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Getafix wrote: »
    Just been struck by how many 80s bands would have been perfect for Bond. I mean Duran Duran and A Ha did great work but the sound of the decade seems so well suited to Bond.
    I agree. The 80's had some wonderful sounds which were suited.

Even less famous names like Alison Moyet could have delivered.

Talk Talk could have aced it too

Or Simply Red

Or Human League

Or even Mr. Mister
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Lissie is my number one choice. She simply doesn't write a bad song and her voice is astounding. Listen to Blood And Muscle or Meet Me In The Mystery.

This discussion has been closed.