"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Moyes still has 5 months left on his Man U contract. The no cost option.
    They have already decided on the caretaker, so I wonder who they have on the shortlist.

Caretaker - if he does good
    Blanc
    Poch
    Zidane
    Howe?
    Allegri
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

That would make sense, it was alluded that the caretaker understands the history of the club.
    vzok wrote: »
    They have already decided on the caretaker, so I wonder who they have on the shortlist.

Caretaker - if he does good
    Blanc
    Poch
    Zidane
    Howe?
    Allegri

Personally I want Zidane, though Poch is constantly being mentioned though he is contracted to Spurs until 2023 so he won't be cheap.
    DoF apparently to be appointed before new manager
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2018 Posts: 23,407
    vzok wrote: »
    DoF apparently to be appointed before new manager

That's been a long term plan though apparently Jose was against it, it will be interesting to see who gets that role.

Van der Sar has been linked with the position previously though he dismissed it.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    What's next for Jose?
    What's next for Jose?

A foreign appointment I would think.
    Jose will be counting his £25 million, I have no doubt he will get another top job in Spain or Italy.
    Zinedine Zidane 5/2
    Antonio Conte 7/2
    Ryan Giggs 6/1
    Michael Carrick 8/1
    Leonardo Jardim 10/1
    Arsene Wenger 10/1
    Laurent Blanc 10/1
    Nicky Butt 14/1
    Eddie Howe 14/1
    Mauricio Pochettino 16/1

I am tempted to put some money on Poch they are good odds.
    Jose will be counting his £25 million, I have no doubt he will get another top job in Spain or Italy.

It won't be for Real Madrid, Barcelona or Atletico, that's for sure. And I don't see any other spanish team wanting to meet his wage demands. I guess it is more likely he will be out of work for some months, possibly until the summer and end up in whatever club was dissatisfied with the season. Teams like PSG, Juventus, and Bayern are under pressure to deliver this year. But I think Spain or England is out of the question.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,302

Oh dear.......
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 7,500
    barryt007 wrote: »

Oh dear.......

He has won the Norwegian league with Molde! What more do you want? ;)
    jobo wrote: »

Oh dear.......

His managerial record in the UK is,er,how can I put it ?.....crap.

Oh dear.......

Haha, yes! His managerial achievements in Norway are massively overrated as well. He's won the league with Molde twice, but only after two billionaires (in Norwegian krone that is) invested heavily in the club – and Rosenborg sold several key players.

Oh dear.......

Haha, yes! His managerial achievements in Norway are massively overrated as well. He's won the league with Molde twice, but only after two billionaires (in Norwegian krone that is) invested heavily in the club – and Rosenborg sold several key players.

Man Utd will be relegated if that muppet takes over !!

Oh dear.......

Man Utd will be relegated if that muppet takes over !!

He'll not be able to manage the world stars of that dressing room, for sure!
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 7,500

Oh dear.......

It is the Norwegian league that matters my friend! ;)

Oh dear.......

It is the Norwegian league that matters my friend! ;)

Hahaha of course,how silly of me !

Oh dear.......

Mold out, Molde in
    As much as I love Ole that would be an odd appointment for caretaker, United still have over half a season to play we need a caretaker who can hit the ground running who can pick up points and hopefully put pressure on the top four.
    As much as I love Ole that would be an odd appointment for caretaker, United still have over half a season to play we need a caretaker who can hit the ground running who can pick up points and hopefully put pressure on the top four.

United are only an agreement with Molde away from signing him until the end of the season, according to some sources. Thought I've seen or heard it all re. football. Apparently not!

United are only an agreement with Molde away from signing him until the end of the season, according to some sources. Thought I've seen or heard it all re. football. Apparently not!

Mike Phelan has been rumoured to come in with Ole, short term it will create a lift next four games are relatively easy though we have to play every team in the league still, maybe the board has written off the whole season, I hope Chong and Mason Greenwood get first team action.

Mike Phelan has been rumoured to come in with Ole, short term it will create a lift next four games are relatively easy though we have to play every team in the league still, maybe the board has written off the whole season, I hope Chong and Mason Greenwood get first team action.

Who knows what they're thinking? This seems like one of those made up stories really, but there's probably more to it.
    _________
    Don't know if @jobo reads Adressa, but I just had half a second of total shock seeing the headline "Head coach search in RBK", before scrolling down to an image featuring Arséne Wenger! According to an article posted tonight (I'm quoting from another source as I don't have a subscription for all content), the people in charge at Rosenborg discussed the possibility of asking Arséne Wenger if he would be interested managing Rosenborg! I guess it doesn't hurt to ask…
    …Slik jeg forstår det, ble det på sensommeren diskutert enda større trenernavn enn Bosz blant dem som bestemmer på Brakka. En av dem var Arsène Wenger, mannen som ledet Arsenal fra 1996 og frem til i år. Etter at Wenger-ideen dukket opp, skal flere i klubben ha diskutert om den gamle sjefen til Nicklas Bendtner kunne være aktuell for Rosenborg.
    Bye Bye Jose!!!!

Who knows what they're thinking? This seems like one of those made up stories really, but there's probably more to it.
    _________
    Don't know if @jobo reads Adressa, but I just had half a second of total shock seeing the headline "Head coach search in RBK", before scrolling down to an image featuring Arséne Wenger! According to an article posted tonight (I'm quoting from another source as I don't have a subscription for all content), the people in charge at Rosenborg discussed the possibility of asking Arséne Wenger if he would be interested managing Rosenborg! I guess it doesn't hurt to ask…
    …Slik jeg forstår det, ble det på sensommeren diskutert enda større trenernavn enn Bosz blant dem som bestemmer på Brakka. En av dem var Arsène Wenger, mannen som ledet Arsenal fra 1996 og frem til i år. Etter at Wenger-ideen dukket opp, skal flere i klubben ha diskutert om den gamle sjefen til Nicklas Bendtner kunne være aktuell for Rosenborg.

Haha! That would be awesome :))

_________

Awesome wouldn't even cover it, haha! Haven't been at Lerkendal in a long time, but Wenger being announced would put me on the first train to Trondheim!

_________

Awesome wouldn't even cover it, haha! Haven't been at Lerkendal in a long time, but Wenger being announced would put me on the first train to Trondheim!

He does have a great relationship with Bendtner, doesn´t he? Lol ;))

_________

He does have a great relationship with Bendtner, doesn´t he? Lol ;))

It would make me very happy to see them reunited at Rosenborg in 2019! :-)