What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• edited October 2018 Posts: 565
    bondsum wrote: »
    Most-Streamed Artists: (U.S.) Drake. Kendrick Lamar. Future. Ed Sheeran. The Weeknd.
    Most-Streamed Female Artists: (U.S.) Rihanna. Taylor Swift. Nicki Minaj. Ariana Grande. Halsey.
    Most-Streamed Male Artists: (U.S.) Drake. Kendrick Lamar. Future. Ed Sheeran. The Weeknd.

It'll most likely be one of the above.

It better not be. Today's pop is horrible (and that's coming from a millenial) and really should be kept away from Bond unless there's an artist whose sound is right for Bond. (Adele being the prime example.)

Personally, at this point, I'd like them to see them give it to Jamie Cullum. His jazz pop blend seems fitting for Bond (or at the very least, it's tailor-able), plus he's British. Of course if they go for star power, I doubt very few on this side of the pond has heard of him.

If it's a rock tune that is desired, I say Artic Monkeys would be ok.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 11,425
    talos7 wrote: »
    It’s appropriate that I’m going to be a broken record discussing music.
    If at this moment I was told that I had to pick a female performer for the title track, without hesitation I would pick Lady Gaga.

Now I like a lot of her music but wouldn’t call myself a fan; my taste leans more toward Lana Del Rey, but Gaga has reached a status of Icon. Even if out of the public eye there’s an interest in her. Wisely, she’s broadened her musical spectrum to a point of where she’s known by people of every age. My nearly ninety year old aunt likes Lady Gaga!

Musically, Gaga is as cutting edge as anyone in music while able to hold her own with the greats such as Tony Bennett. I think she could bring a freshness, vitalityand energy to the track while vocally carrying on the legacy started by Shirley Bassey, Tom Jones, Carly Simon and others.

There are no sure things, but she’s close.

After A Star is Born I think Gaga would be a canny commercial decision and she has a great voice so why not.

May be get Bradley Cooper to cowrite the song! Or at least Mark Robson.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I wouldn't mind Gaga at all. She does have a great voice.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    jake24 wrote: »
    How relevant was Chris Cornell when he did YKMN?
    Craig came in with s roar, he needs to go out with one . We’ve had two ballads, it time to to inject some vibrancy into the cinematography and the title track.
    I very much agree.
    True. She has the talent to give us something very special if given the chance, although she might be a bit predictable.

At the end of the day, I just want to feel completely pumped for the two hours+ of film to follow once the title track wraps up. A slightly up tempo foot tapping track with a powerful and uplifting vocal delivery (like What Kind of Man ) is along the lines of what I'd like to hear. Dial it up a bit.

I can't say I'm familiar with Gaga's music at all, although I've of course heard of her.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

That could have been an interesting choice!

Dave Gahan

SEAL The Big love has Died
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    renno61 wrote: »

SEAL The Big love has Died
    Seal is a legend. I agree that he would be fantastic for Bond.

"It's the loneliness that's the killer"
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.

Heavier music than Bond is associated with. From the girl with the Dragon tattoo staring Daniel Craig.
  • Lana del Rey
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    As long as they stay away from this woman, it can't be too bad...

Very Eurovision. The only Eurovision contestant we ever got for a Bond theme was Lulu so far.
    Very Eurovision. The only Eurovision contestant we ever got for a Bond theme was Lulu so far.

Eurovision?

• RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    I think Lady Gaga has a good chance after A Star is Born. Personally, I'd go with Arctic Monkeys or one of the Gallaghers.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Remington wrote: »
    I think Lady Gaga has a good chance after A Star is Born. Personally, I'd go with Arctic Monkeys or one of the Gallaghers.

Those are exactly my top 4 picks!
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.

You know what they say about great minds.

I know. They think alike. Don t think an original thought.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited November 2018 Posts: 7,980
    :D
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

I know. They think alike. Don t think an original thought.
    Not every original thought is an inspired one. ;)
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Beyoncé.
    A eurovision song I feed you my love but I like the line" the whole world is mine "
    renno61 wrote: »
    A eurovision song I feed you my love but I like the line" the whole world is mine "

That song was quite popular that summer over here, I remember. Stood in a bar queue once beside her – next but one – waiting for some beers me and the group of friends I was with had ordered.
    The Weeknd
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 11,425
    Lady Gaga has to be the obvious choice.

Unless Fukunaga has some more idiosyncratic choices in mind.

He strikes me as someone who likes his music and I expect him to have strong views on the sound he wants. I very much doubt he'd accept elevator music like Newman's SF score.
This discussion has been closed.