"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Lost one nil, United improved in second half though it appeared Jose was settling for a one nil loss. Jose did not make a substitution it's poor, the board need to get rid now.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Interesting listening to Scholes, Hargreaves and Rio they all backed Jose, I think they are under orders.
    Interesting listening to Scholes, Hargreaves and Rio they all backed Jose, I think they are under orders.

Scholes even??
    jobo wrote: »

Scholes even??

His body language contradicted what he was saying, I read an article earlier in the week that ex United players/ambassadors of the club were under orders not to critisise Jose.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 17,302
    Lost one nil, United improved in second half though it appeared Jose was settling for a one nil loss. Jose did not make a substitution it's poor, the board need to get rid now.

Not a single sub? That's very strange.

I listened to a football podcast a few weeks back, where there was one former United player they talked about always backing José (can't remember who) – who they speculated had his eyes on a backroom/executive kind of role. Maybe they all aim for that! :))

I listened to a football podcast a few weeks back, where there was one former United player they talked about always backing José (can't remember who) – who they speculated had his eyes on a backroom/executive kind of role. Maybe they all aim for that! :))

It seems a tad pointless though, as Mourinho won´t be hanging around for long. The guy is not that powerfull.

I think Jose is taking the... the problem would appear to be the board being reluctant to pay him off, I would suspect that Woodward also does not want to be responsible for hiring a third failed manager.
    jobo wrote: »

It seems a tad pointless though, as Mourinho won´t be hanging around for long. The guy is not that powerfull.

Maybe, but Woodward is under pressure too. Anyway, I don't remember how the podcast came around to this "theory". It was just a throwaway comment, I think.

I think Jose is taking the... the problem would appear to be the board being reluctant to pay him off, I would suspect that Woodward also does not want to be responsible for hiring a third failed manager.

I think a lot depends on Woodward. His track record of late isn't that great, and – as you say, he doesn't want to be the guy to hire (and fire) yet another manager. Difficult position for the club for sure.
    Decent chance by Arsenal, Palace started well.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 19,339

Awful awful news x the airline I work for are closely tied to the owners and Leicester City,deals,promotions,functions etc.
    Lovely people and a lovely club x going to be sombre in the office tomorrow.

And yes come on Glenn, use that positive mind of yours and get well soon.

Apparently a Brighton fan died during their match with Wolves yesterday as well x bad day for football .

This Arsenal match is identical to the Leicester game , expect more 2nd half .
    We have scored 4 goals in the first half of matches so far and 16 in the 2nd half .
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,419
    Penalty to Palace
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,419
    So much sad news in football yesterday, Leicester must be shell shocked, I am glad there mid week game has been rearranged.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 19,339
    Xhaka !!!!

Try and stop that shot x he has such a powerful kick on him !!!!

Aub the poacher !! 2-1 !!
    First goal was a corker, that was a quick turn around from the Gunners
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Chelsea now 3-0 up against Burnley.
    Palace equalised with second penalty
    2-2 thanks to another Zaha dive. ...prick.
    The penalty was soft, though Arsenal's second was contentious.
    A fair result I think over all x meanwhile what the hell has happened to Burnley,this is relegation form !!
    Burnley some way from last season.

Pogba scores get in, god I hate his penalty build up.
    Get in Pogba pass Martial goal
    barryt007 wrote: »
    A fair result I think over all x meanwhile what the hell has happened to Burnley,this is relegation form !!

Hate how Zaha get's a penalty for anything…
    While you have been boring yourselfs I watched an absolutely electric El Clasico! Astonishing game with continous action from start to finish and fantastic individual performances! The scoreline suggests Real Madrid were horrible, but they actually contributed and made a real game of it in the second half! El Clasico represents the best football have to offer, no doubt. Even without Messi and Ronaldo!
    Palace-Arsenal wasn't boring at all! Had all the drama you'll see in a London derby. Bad ref decisions, marginal goals, etc. I love Arsenal, but they do make things difficult for themselves. Wonder if we'll see a new defender in January or not.
    Gr Pogba faffing about has cost me 7 points, Everton just scored a penalty.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    So much sad news in football yesterday, Leicester must be shell shocked, I am glad there mid week game has been rearranged.

I’m a life long fox fan. Without the vision, finance and support of this man Leicester would never, ever have pulled off footballs greatest miracle.

He was a fine man, generous and giving. I’m absolutely distraught.
    NicNac wrote: »

I’m a life long fox fan. Without the vision, finance and support of this man Leicester would never, ever have pulled off footballs greatest miracle.

A club owner that's actually liked and respected by fans is a rarity in football. Sad news indeed.
    NicNac wrote: »

I read about his generosity and closeness to the team and people, since 2010 he worked wonders for Leicester, that kind of tragedy you never want to see. My thoughts with your community.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 7,500
    Palace-Arsenal wasn't boring at all! Had all the drama you'll see in a London derby. Bad ref decisions, marginal goals, etc. I love Arsenal, but they do make things difficult for themselves. Wonder if we'll see a new defender in January or not.

Boring by comparison for sure! ;)

"London derby" is a bit much or what? I realize London has so many teams you can't have a weekend without some of them facing each other... but still: The teams should be of more similar level and stature for it to be considered a proper rivalry, right?