"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Watching the England-Croatia game now. Croatia up 0-1 after Kramarić's effort.

Totally forgot the game was on

The Nations League I still don't get the point of it
    What are the consequences of Germany for being relegated from their group? Haven't read too much about how the Nations League works.

Great result for Koeman and The Netherlands tonight. Really impressive.

They will have to compete with second level teams next time. Oh, what tragedy!
    jobo wrote: »
    What are the consequences of Germany for being relegated from their group? Haven't read too much about how the Nations League works.

Great result for Koeman and The Netherlands tonight. Really impressive.

They will have to compete with second level teams next time. Oh, what tragedy!

So the consequences are more or less non-existent – or an advantage even?
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 17,308
    1-1, Lingard.

2-1, Kane…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Not watching though from a United perspective glad to see Lingard finding the net in the last few internationals.
    Switzerland-Belgium is an absolute goal fest! 4-2 after 62 minutes!

Edit: Seferović makes it 5-2 with a hat-trick!
    Have to be honest when I say that I have paid no attention to this whole nations league thing. Sticking with club football.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Have to be honest when I say that I have paid no attention to this whole nations league thing. Sticking with club football.

Only watch Nations League for the lack of regular club football myself. It's boring but it's still better than no football.

Only watch Nations League for the lack of regular club football myself. It's boring but it's still better than no football.

That's where the Bond hobby kicks in my good man! Lol!

Good idea! Should probably have used the opportunity to catch up on some TV series and rewatch some Bond films. There's always the next international break.
    Norway won their Nations League group tonight. Don't know what that means, but a win is a win.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Norway won their Nations League group tonight. Don't know what that means, but a win is a win.

A fine win, I think it gives them a better chance qualifying for Euro 2020.
    It does indeed,they will,at the least,have less teams to play in their qualifying group.

Good idea! Should probably have used the opportunity to catch up on some TV series and rewatch some Bond films. There's always the next international break.

Lol! It certainly works for me!!!
    GoldenGun wrote: »

A fine win, I think it gives them a better chance qualifying for Euro 2020.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    It does indeed,they will,at the least,have less teams to play in their qualifying group.

Good! I'm sure they'll find a way to bottle it though…

Lol! It certainly works for me!!!

I don't doubt it!
    Former PL ref Bobby Madley looks to have joined a sports club in Oslo after moving to Norway. Will we see him refereeing Eliteserien matches eventually?
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    I see Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane have left the Ireland job.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I see Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane have left the Ireland job.

Results haven't been good, have they? I heard a name being mentioned on a podcast as a likely replacement, but I can't remember who it was.
    So proud of the Norwich boys maintaining top spot in the Championship with yet another win and four goals this time away at Swansea. OTBC!!!!
    So proud of the Norwich boys maintaining top spot in the Championship with yet another win and four goals this time away at Swansea. OTBC!!!!

…and another Teemu Pukki goal I see! In-form player of the league, surely?

"Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur - Referee: Mike Dean". :-(
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Almost half way this season. Not been great so far.

Anderlecht struggling in the league, humiliated in Europe and in the cup.

Teenage favourites Sparta and Rosenborg have been abysmal in Europe as well and that's the only competition I am able to follow them, though I get that RBK has won the league.

Lazio doing well on all accounts, fortunately.

He is certainly maintaining a healthy goal scoring ratio that's for sure. Hoping for another positive result tonight away at Hull City. OTBC!!!
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Almost half way this season. Not been great so far.

Anderlecht struggling in the league, humiliated in Europe and in the cup.

Teenage favourites Sparta and Rosenborg have been abysmal in Europe as well and that's the only competition I am able to follow them, though I get that RBK has won the league.

Lazio doing well on all accounts, fortunately.

Hope Anderlecht can turn bad results around in the second half of the season!

Rosenborg have the Cup Final to play for still, so I hope they can put in a great performance there. Behind closed doors, their working to bring in a new head coach. Rumour has it that this might be Kasper Hjulmand (former Mainz manager – now FC Nordsjælland), but FC Nordsjælland denies having spoken to Rosenborg about him. His contract with FC Nordsjælland expires next summer, I think.

He is certainly maintaining a healthy goal scoring ratio that's for sure. Hoping for another positive result tonight away at Hull City. OTBC!!!

Two former Rosenborg players in that fixture, with Tettey at Norwich City and Henriksen at Hull City!
    Sánchez not even in the squad for United, I see. Must be missing Arsenal now!

Jose is a joke with his team selections

Jose is a joke with his team selections

Only thing certain is that everyone will be benched at one point during the season with him – and not because of injuries or having played a lot, necessarily.

Moves like Josep :))