"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Fellaini scores a late winner – again!
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Almost half way this season. Not been great so far.

Anderlecht struggling in the league, humiliated in Europe and in the cup.

Teenage favourites Sparta and Rosenborg have been abysmal in Europe as well and that's the only competition I am able to follow them, though I get that RBK has won the league.

Lazio doing well on all accounts, fortunately.

This season has been a step in the wrong direction for Rosenborg unfortunately. But with the right appointment of a good for next season they should be able to turn that around. The squad is not too bad at all.
    jobo wrote: »
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Almost half way this season. Not been great so far.

Anderlecht struggling in the league, humiliated in Europe and in the cup.

Teenage favourites Sparta and Rosenborg have been abysmal in Europe as well and that's the only competition I am able to follow them, though I get that RBK has won the league.

Lazio doing well on all accounts, fortunately.

This season has been a step in the wrong direction for Rosenborg unfortunately. But with the right appointment of a good for next season they should be able to turn that around. The squad is not too bad at all.

The number of injuries this season has been ridiculous too. Can't remember a season quite like this one.

:))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Thank god missed end of the game had to go to work

You didn't miss much, though!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

It's a long drawn out painful slog, Jose needs to go

Adding to that they played arguably the weakest team in the competition.

Would have expected more than a late 1-0 winner, that's for sure.

True! United were garbage
    Liverpool not doing too well in Paris. 2-1 at half-time (Liverpool goal a penalty). Only thing to get from this game as a neutral is how sick in my mouth I get by watching Neymar.
    Liverpool not doing too well in Paris. 2-1 at half-time (Liverpool goal a penalty). Only thing to get from this game as a neutral is how sick in my mouth I get by watching Neymar.

I was just talking to my brother about this game and City against Lyon, I think there is perhaps more of a gulf between the Top prem teams and the lower ones than I realised. I don't think the likes of Liverpool and City are being tested enough and its too easy for them in the league.

I was just talking to my brother about this game and City against Lyon, I think there is perhaps more of a gulf between the Top prem teams and the lower ones than I realised. I don't think the likes of Liverpool and City are being tested enough and its too easy for them in the league.

The gap between the top teams and those below them is huge. In quality of course, but also money. If the economic gap hadn't been that big, the competition wouldn't either. Interestingly, every PL team is apparently within the top 40 or something highest-earning clubs in the world, because of TV rights etc.

The gap between the top teams and those below them is huge. In quality of course, but also money. If the economic gap hadn't been that big, the competition wouldn't either. Interestingly, every PL team is apparently within the top 40 or something highest-earning clubs in the world, because of TV rights etc.

When United were winning the league for fun our CL form suffered, we were just not getting the competition domestically and got found out in the CL. I think the gap in the PL has grown a lot in the last couple of seasons, it pains me United are not getting there act together and are faltering so much.

When United were winning the league for fun our CL form suffered, we were just not getting the competition domestically and got found out in the CL. I think the gap in the PL has grown a lot in the last couple of seasons, it pains me United are not getting there act together and are faltering so much.

Change the word United with Arsenal and you have us Arsenal fans! I hope Emery can make the club more competitive with time, but two-three transfer windows are needed before we'll see what he's really about. Very happy with the results he's got so far though.

Change the word United with Arsenal and you have us Arsenal fans! I hope Emery can make the club more competitive with time, but two-three transfer windows are needed before we'll see what he's really about. Very happy with the results he's got so far though.

To be honest I can see you beating us at Old Trafford in a few weeks we really are appalling, though admittedly Jose always seems to get good results against Arsenal though that was Wengers Arsenal.
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 17,302

To be honest I can see you beating us at Old Trafford in a few weeks we really are appalling, though admittedly Jose always seems to get good results against Arsenal though that was Wengers Arsenal.

I think it'll be a difficult game for Arsenal. The Arsenal defenders aren't exactly known for their pace, and I can definitely see Martial or Rashford doing serious damage on the counter.

I think it'll be a difficult game for Arsenal. The Arsenal defenders aren't exactly known for their pace, and I can definitely see Martial or Rashford doing serious damage on the counter.

With the respective defences there should be goals for sure.

With the respective defences there should be goals for sure.

Either that, or a boring 0-0!
    Happily take the draw at Hull the other night as it keeps us top. What a game between Villa and Forest last night. Fans certainly got their monies worth that's for sure.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Happily take the draw at Hull the other night as it keeps us top. What a game between Villa and Forest last night. Fans certainly got their monies worth that's for sure.

Not often you see a score like that!
    @barryt007
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/secret-footballer-names-who-really-13666707
    Dave Kiston blames Tony Pulis' 'hatred' for Arsene Wenger as the reason why Aaron Ramsey suffered a cruel leg break at Stoke in February 2010

At least Stoke are in the Championship now…
    That's a big statement to make,i wonder how Pulis will react to that.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    That's a big statement to make,i wonder how Pulis will react to that.

Indeed. Will be interesting to see if there will be a reaction.
    GET JOSE THE HELL AWAY FROM MY CLUB... OUT OUT OUT!

2-0 to Southampton!

2-0 to Southampton!

The board need to sack him, this can't continue

2-0 to Southampton!

The board need to sack him, this can't continue

2-1 now.
    …and it's 2-2.
    Rashford is having a blinder and saving Jose
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,302
    Rashford is having a blinder and saving Jose

The youngster saving him. Isn't the first time.