"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    1-1 Great result thus far for Australia.
    What the hell was Umtiti thinking there?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    France taken there best player off :)) come on Australia
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,530
    Similar to Lampards none goal against Germany

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Not really an unexpected result.
    Australia will have to continue to work hard to stay in this.
    Benny wrote: »
    Not really an unexpected result.
    Australia will have to continue to work hard to stay in this.

You'd expect a France win, although this performance wasn't much to write about. France need to be better than this.

Over to Argentina-Iceland. Come on, Iceland!
    Yeah come on Iceland hoping for first upset in this game
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Half the pitch in darkness, half in excruciatingly bright sunlight - the World Cup has started properly for me now.
    Oooh! That was close for Iceland! They want this!
    Argentina looking ropy at the back
    Agüero scores.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Now that was a great strike.
    Argentina's fire power will take them so far though i cant see them as genuine contenders
    1-1, Finnbogason!
    Get in
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,883
    You just knew that was going to go in some way or another.
    Iceland were queuing up to knock that in, there are plenty more goals i think
    Ref trying to injure Aron Gunnarsson!

what country do you support mate?

In this match?

In this match?

is it Norway? sorry meant your national side
    Just to show I’m not a bitter resentful, man who harbours grudges I’m cheering on the plucky Icers here against the greasy, cheating Argie scum.
    lol Argies already panicking with there constant VAR shouts
    An excellent 5 mins from Iceland. The Argies are shocking at the back.

In this match?

That's right. They never qualify for tournaments anyway, so you have to hope for other countries to do well. Would be great for Sweden, Denmark and Iceland to go as far as possible.

Always fun to watch Germany in the World Cup, too. Who can forget that match against Brazil!

In this match?

That's right. They never qualify for tournaments anyway, so you have to hope for other countries to do well. Would be great for Sweden, Denmark and Iceland to go as far as possible.
    What a curious attitude towards your neighbours. I can’t think of anything worse than us not qualifying and Scotland, Wales and either Irish team going to the business end of the tournament. Or France.

I guess Scandinavianism is perhaps more a kindred alliance of similar countries rather thanone great country who the others are bitter about being ruled by whilst at the same time being more than happy to see tax money flood from England to their devolved parliaments.

Anyway Iceland very much in this and with a favourable wind they could even nick it.

In this match?

Always fun to watch Germany in the World Cup, too. Who can forget that match against Brazil!

You had a good side with The Baby Faced Assassin and Tore Andre Flo and Johnson at the back.
    An excellent 5 mins from Iceland. The Argies are shocking at the back.

Its easy to see why Spain recently scored six against them, Iceland have a great opportunity here.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 17,335

In this match?

What a curious attitude towards your neighbours. I can’t think of anything worse than us not qualifying and Scotland, Wales and either Irish team going to the business end of the tournament. Or France.

I guess Scandinavianism is perhaps more a kindred alliance of similar countries rather thanone great country who the others are bitter about being ruled by whilst at the same time being more than happy to see tax money flood from England to their devolved parliaments.

Anyway Iceland very much in this and with a favourable wind they could even nick it.

Can't speak for you guys, but I guess that's true for us. Have a feeling the Swedes wouldn't necessarily want Norway to do that well in a World Cup, but we all know that won't happen, haha!

In this match?

You had a good side with The Baby Faced Assassin and Tore Andre Flo and Johnson at the back.

That was the 'Golden generation' for sure. Never been the biggest fan of Solskjær, but he did well for United. Roar Strand is one of my favourites from that team - not for his role in the national side necessarily, but for his legend status at Rosenborg. At age 48 he still plays the occational match for fourth tier team Melhus!
    ...and thats why Ronny is better
    Halldórsson safely on my bench in the TV2 WC Fantasy game…