"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Also looks like karius made it to the world cup
    What the hell, de Gea?!
    Ronaldo is still an ace.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    DCisared wrote: »
    Schoolboy error from Spain's kitman washing the whites with the darks.

Not as much of a schoolboy error as that!

Quick Jurgen get on the blower and see if Jose will do a straight swap - De Gea for Karius or Minger.
    I am currently enjoying the post match silence of the Moroccan game, no cars driving around all evening with celebrating Moroccans blowing their frigging horns.

Morocco were really good but rather naive in the extra time.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 17,378
    Costa again!

Oooh, what a strike! 2-3!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Spain on fire.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 9,117
    Just got a tenner on Diego Costa top scorer at 5-1. Given the dross in the group and him already being on a brace that seems quite generous.

Hello! Iago Aspas on! Portugal in real trouble now.
    Just got a tenner on Diego Costa top scorer at 5-1. Given the dross in the group and him already being on a brace that seems quite generous.

Subbed now. Well rested for the upcoming match!
  • RC7RC7

Without a doubt.
    Oh f*ck…
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    What were the odds on cr7?
    Ronaldo is on fire, amazing shot. his 51st hattrick and the WC's 51st Hattrick.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    He really focused for that shot. Quite superb.
    That was a serious great game, I hope we get a few more of these games.
  • RC7RC7
    The guy is immense. @Jobo currently going through the stats to sully his impact.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 9,117
    No doubt Jobo will point to the penalty being dubious and De Gea’s mistake. Have to say I probably agree with him on this occasion.

But slotting great finishes when your team is in the shit like the third is what truly great players do. Over to you Lionel.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    bondjames wrote: »
    He really focused for that shot. Quite superb.

The guy is and that goal was sensational.
  • RC7RC7
    No doubt Jobo will point to the penalty being dubious and De Gea’s mistake. Have to say I probably agree with him on this occasion.

But slotting great finishes when your team is in the shit like the third is what truly great players do. Over to you Lionel.

You take what you’re given, though, right? Doesn’t even flinch.
    That was one hell of a game between Portugal and Spain! Great entertainment!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,706
    Ronaldo continues to maintain a ridiculously high level, best player in the modern era.

Edited: watched some of the game again, BBC are cringeworthy in there adoration of Spain.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    France vs Australia.
    Nice to see the Aussies holding the French so far. I'm optimistic, but a draw would be a great result.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    France not looking great so far
    France not looking great so far

Not at all. But this is their strongest eleven too, isn't it?
    Bar a few players there best team, France look slow and not impressing themselves. Aussies been good
    Much as no one wants to see Australia winning anything another 45 mins of that would be most amusing.

Wonder if they actually manage to lose would the Frogs consider sacking Deschamps and parachuting ZZ in?
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 17,378
    Bar a few players there best team, France look slow and not impressing themselves. Aussies been good

Indeed they have. Haven't seen much of Griezmann, Pogba or Mbappé yet. Think they'll need those players to step up in the second half, if they want a result.
    Not many seats filled in a small stadium
    Much as no one wants to see Australia winning anything another 45 mins of that would be most amusing.

Wonder if they actually manage to lose would the Frogs consider sacking Deschamps and parachuting ZZ in?

France lose this it will be a national crisis, I could easily see ZZ step in nothing surprises in football now.

Indeed they have. Haven't seen much of Griezmann, Pogba or Mbappé yet. Think they'll need those players to step up in the second half, if they want a result.

They need to bring on another more offensive midfielder.
    VAR fail