"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

jobo wrote: »
    The president of the Saudi Football federation says several players will be punished after yesterday game. With the reputation of tha regime, I dread to think of what that punishment might be...

Matches against Uruguay and Egypt.
    vzok wrote: »
    The president of the Saudi Football federation says several players will be punished after yesterday game. With the reputation of tha regime, I dread to think of what that punishment might be...

Matches against Uruguay and Egypt.

One would think that is punishment enough, yes ;)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Christ if they’re in the frame for 50 lashes for losing a team as shit as Russia they will chop all their feet off when Uruguay put 10 past them.

Although that might actually improve them.
  • RC7RC7
    The stadium would be full capacity if this was in England. They need to give us 2030.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Come on Uruguay
    edited June 2018 Posts: 9,117
    RC7 wrote: »
    The stadium would be full capacity if this was in England. They need to give us 2030.
    Yeah that’s going to happen mate. China or Australia and another one in Africa ahead of us in the queue. And then it will be a toss up between us and Spain where the key thing the Spanish have going for them is that FIFA loathes us.

I’m resigned to the fact that there’s unlikely to be a World Cup in my life time but that’s not a big deal as the travelling is half the fun. Just give it to proper countries at least not shopping malls in the desert. A month trekking round Russia or USA, Canada and Mexico - yes please. A month stuck cowering from the heat in an air conditioned hotel, paying a shitload for a beer and the occasional metro ride from my room to a stadium - think I’ll pass.

You sure? My experience is that the English mainly care about England. I was there during the world cup in 2006. England played early that day and the pub was crouded. By the time of Argentina - Ivory Coast, potentially one of the most entertaining matches in the group stages that year, there was only a small handfull watching.
  • RC7RC7

You sure? My experience is that the English mainly care about England. I was there during the world cup in 2006. England played early that day and the pub was crouded. By the time of Argentina - Ivory Coast, potentially one of the most entertaining matches in the group stages that year, there was only a small handfull watching.

Yes, I’m sure.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 17,378
    Anyway 15 mins to go and only Torge and me putting our reputations on the line in the fantasy league.

Not to late to join, folks! If you put up a team, you'll get points counted from round 2. :-)

Just registered and put a team together and joined Back of the Net lol

Great! You haven't lost any points (yet), as neither me or @TheWizardOfIce have any Russian or Saudi players. Considered a late punt on Golovin, buy decided against it. Would have paid off and then some…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,706
    Top man. You haven’t lost any ground as only an utter lunatic would have any Russia of Saudi players so we’re both on zero points.

And @Torgeirtrap Just realised I'll only be able to accumulate points from round 2 onwards which starts Tuesday, Varela is in my side and did not get any points.
    Top man. You haven’t lost any ground as only an utter lunatic would have any Russia of Saudi players so we’re both on zero points.

And @Torgeirtrap Just realised I'll only be able to accumulate points from round 2 onwards which starts Tuesday, Varela is in my side and did not get any points.

Yeah, that's true. Depending on fixtures and/or clean sheets, you won't loose much from only one round. Doubt there will be more 5-0 matches this round!

Yeah, that's true. Depending on fixtures and/or clean sheets, you won't loose much from only one round. Doubt there will be more 5-0 matches this round!

I have four players from the Portugal v Spain game, I think I may lose a few points today. Lol

I have four players from the Portugal v Spain game, I think I may lose a few points today. Lol

Either that, or it turns out to be a boring draw!
    Iran scores. Didn't see that one coming!
    1-0 at full-time.
    Typical I watched most of game though did not bother with last few minutes of Iran game.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.

Infantino and FIFA fancy the joint Argentina-Uruguay-Paraguay-bid for the centennial World Cup.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    And the matches so far makes one looking forward o the 2026 World Cup with 48 teams participating and 80 matches. NOT.
    Two minutes played and Portugal ahead by one goal (penalty)…
    Time for a park the bus masterclass methinks!
  • RC7RC7
    Ronnie stepping up again.
    Time for a park the bus masterclass methinks!

World Cup final confirmed. Same procedure as the Euro's!
    Ronnie stepping up again.
    What do you mean again? According to Jobo he never has.
    Costa!
    He'll probably score another before being sent off after a nasty challenge or something.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Excellent goal!
    Elbow in the throat is fine according to VAR.
    Elbow in the throat is fine according to VAR.

Isn't this just classic Costa.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 9,117
    I can’t help feeling this could be teetering on the edge of farce...
    Shame it wasn’t the RAT getting an elbow in the face as we’d have had 001 on here wanking himself raw!!

But I imagine he’s probably still in mourning because Salah didn’t get on today.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Schoolboy error from Spain's kitman washing the whites with the darks.