Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

• edited May 2018 Posts: 17,272
    Vanessa Kirby looking lovely! Future Bond girl? :D
    Other than that, no revolutionary poster design. Very photoshopped. Baldwin almost looks like a vax figure - in his pose, even!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Vanessa Kirby looks like the stunt double for Lea Seydoux during the production of Spectre. Forgot her name.
    Vanessa Kirby looks like the stunt double for Lea Seydoux during the production of Spectre. Forgot her name.

Did a quick Google search. If it's Gemita Samarra you're thinking about, then yes!
    Did a quick Google search. If it's Gemita Samarra you're thinking about, then yes!
    Yes! Gemita Samarra!
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 17,272
    Yes! Gemita Samarra!
    Wonder how her acting's like (if she has done any roles, that is). Reminded me a bit of Carole Bouquet for some reason - as well as Vanessa Kirby, of course.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Great looking posters! Vanessa Kirby definitely has a regal look about her. I can't wait to see her in the film.

PS: I've been avoiding the trailers, but Tom's got a Brosnan rivaling 'pain face' in the still frame from that last vid clip which atovolk posted. :)). I wonder if he's been getting lessons from Henry.
    Not going to watch any more trailers now, just gonna go watch the film upon release. Character posters are great though!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Cavill looks badass. Hoping this film leads to him getting better stuff. I can see him doing the villain thing well.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    I wish there made one with Michelle Monaghan (Julia) and another one with Alix Bénézech (French Police Agent).
  • I'm sure they'll sell loads of Alec Baldwin and Ving Rhames posters.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm sure they'll sell loads of Alec Baldwin and Ving Rhames posters.

Like I'm sure Q and Moneypenny character posters were simply FLYING off shelves at record rates.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »

Like I'm sure Q and Moneypenny character posters were simply FLYING off shelves at record rates.

Did they make Q posters? He does actually have a fan base though.
    Yes. Based in Tumblr.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Did they make Q posters? He does actually have a fan base though.

Again, I'm sure they flew off the shelves. Character posters really aren't going to be hot ticket items unless they're for huge blockbusters. Only the die-hard fans are going to acquire them for the likes of Bond or M:I.
  • The 3rd trailer is a bit more evened out, I don't think the plot will live up the promise of the trailers though.
    I doubt Cruise does all of the stunts. For example, it's clearly CGI enhanced when Cruise falls of the motorbike. Doesn't look real (as in he actually fell off the bike in real time in a real location). Even Tom Cruise is subject to insurance policy when making movies!

It makes good public relations sense to claim Cruise does all his stunts.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    I doubt Cruise does all of the stunts. For example, it's clearly CGI enhanced when Cruise falls of the motorbike. Doesn't look real (as in he actually fell off the bike in real time in a real location). Even Tom Cruise is subject to insurance policy when making movies!

It makes good public relations sense to claim Cruise does all his stunts.

Cruise will die before letting someone else do his stunt. ;)
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    I think Tom is a full blown adrenalin junkie by now. He has done it all. Not sure what else is left to do for him. Maybe hanging on to a rocket while it is launched into space.
    00Agent wrote: »
    I think Tom is a full blown adrenalin junkie by now. He has done it all. Not sure what else is left to do for him. Maybe hanging on to a rocket while it is launched into space.
    Don't give him any ideas! :))
  • I don't get the fuss about doing his own stunts, it's purely for promotion, doesn't make the film any better. I don't like Temple of Doom any less.
    I don't get the fuss about doing his own stunts, it's purely for promotion, doesn't make the film any better. I don't like Temple of Doom any less.

A practical stunt with an actor versus a stunt marred by CGI? I'll take the former anytime; though I don't mind practicality if it's a stunt double, either.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I don't get the fuss about doing his own stunts, it's purely for promotion, doesn't make the film any better. I don't like Temple of Doom any less.

A practical stunt with an actor versus a stunt marred by CGI? I'll take the former anytime; though I don't mind practicality if it's a stunt double, either.
    Same here. I don't mind if it's a stuntman, as long as they at least make an attempt to hide it (like they used to in the old Bond films). What I can't stand is obvious and poorly realized CGI, no matter how outrageous the stunt is.

Who said anything about CGI, you noticed I used Temple of Doom as an example?
    edited May 2018 Posts: 40,454

I caught that, hence me reiterating that I don't care if it's a stunt double; I relish an opportunity to promote my disgust in CGI being used to craft an action sequence.

All I care about is practicality, but you almost seem to take issue with them highlighting Tom's eagerness to do the stunts themselves, for some odd reason.

I caught that, hence me reiterating that I don't care if it's a stunt double; I relish an opportunity to promote my disgust in CGI being used to craft an action sequence.

All I care about is practicality, but you almost seem to take issue with them highlighting Tom's eagerness to do the stunts themselves, for some odd reason.

I take issue with praise being given the wrong things. The stunts are real, that's good, Tom does them himself, irrelevant, we don't usually have a problem with stunt people.
    So with that logic, you don't praise stuntmen for what they do? Whether he's an actor or not is irrelevant, I find it very praise worthy that he takes the time and effort to perfect these stunts, solely for the enjoyment of the audiences.
    So with that logic, you don't praise stuntmen for what they do? Whether he's an actor or not is irrelevant, I find it very praise worthy that he takes the time and effort to perfect these stunts, solely for the enjoyment of the audiences.

You can't really praise stunt people, if you notice them enough to realise they're there someone has done a bad job.

But also people don't praise stunt people, unless they're Tom Cruise.