The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Speaking of Green 4 vs Necros........I am now in the mood to pop in

THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS

and see Necros clobber Green 4 in Blu-ray.

I kind of wish the Blu ray featured the original MGM/UA and UA logos. Oh well.

Thirty plus years and so far this is the LAST time the gunbarrel has been presented in it's complete traditional glory.

All 3 Double O Agents seem to have medium length 1987 hair.

Today they would all have SF buzz cuts. I remember thinking both Bond and Ronson had the same Jack Webb do.

This is easily one of my favorite PTS openings.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Timmy D!!!!!!
    Tim looks amazing here. He is the sh!t.
    I should get a black outfit like Tim's and wear it to work.
    Drum machine to compliment the Bond Theme. Interesting touch by Barry to distinguish the Tim era. I never minded it.
    Bond looks cool parachuting here.
    I like Belle Avery, but prefer her original voice actually.
    I remember sitting in the cinema during the titles thinking the singer of A-HA was trying to sound like David Bowie with "Hey , driver" and failing miserably.

I quite like this theme song though.
    What's with the bikini's though? Binder's models usually wore less.
    Back in '87 I might have bet money that after the titles we'd go straight to Moneypenny's office.

I would have lost.
    Once again- Tim looks amazing here. Especially in the dinner suit.

Star Magazine had a blurb about TLD during productions with some great stills of Tim, and that was the first revealing of the 3 villain's names I can recall. I remember thinking Koskov and Necros sounded like names I could have made up if I had an English assignment in school that required us to write some sort of story,.

Star Magazine also promised Tim would be sporting a black leather dinner suit.
    Saunders and Bond waiting for the sniper. What a great scene. I love this section of TLD.
    When I was a kid I always liked that Bond's bow tie was slimmer and more like Sean's as opposed to Roger's pronounced bow in TSWLM.
    Why it's whatshisname from OP!!!!
    Julie T Wallace later appeared with Tim in HAWKS. An obscure gem of a film for those who haven't seen it. Tim gives a masterful performance.
    Q has to climb all those steps. I wonder if Whishaw would make it after that workout?
    Saunders is pissed.
    Although it's popular to pine for Pierce in this film, I'm glad Tim is in this one.
    Tim has some great facial expression while Koskov is talking. It's clear he thinks Koskov is full of sh!t, whereas everyone else in the room is falling for his spiel.

I wonder if Judi Dench's M would have believed Koskov?
    Okay this is why I popped this one in ......

GREEN 4 VS NECROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watching that fight scene again.........
    Even Green 4 has the standard 1987 British Secret Service medium length haircut.
    I love The Minister's reactions in M's office. They all made asses of themselves and are the laughing stock of the intelligence community.
    IMO, TLD features a GREAT Q scene.
    We don't find too many normal people in THIS business Q.

The audience laughed at that line.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I find there are a lot of visual similarities between the TLD Q scene and the GE Q/M intro scene at MI6 HQ. Aesthetically they appear somewhat similar to me for some reason. There is also mention of that thigh crushing Russian which reminds me of a fat Xenia.
    When I would ride a bus or train standing up, I'd hold the little handle thing like Tim.

I'd also squint my eyes and make that facial expression.
    Bond in the can pretending to be taking a dump.

Twenty years earlier Sean was in the can and reporters followed him in asking idiot questions. No wonder he quit after YOLT.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I find there are a lot of visual similarities between the TLD Q scene and the GE Q/M intro scene at MI6 HQ. Aesthetically they appear somewhat similar to me for some reason. There is also mention of that thigh crushing Russian which reminds me of a fat Xenia.

True. Quite a bit of GE reminds me of Daylights actually.