"Stop getting Bond wrong !!!! " ....Alan Partridge discussion thread .

edited September 2019 in General Movies & TV Posts: 19,339
How one of these threads have not been made i will never know,and i have checked via google.
Fans like @TheWizardOfIce and @Torgeirtrap ,this is for you boys...show the rest of the MI6 all about Alan and especially his love for 007 !!

Talk,post,laugh and enjoy !!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23025-1364895922-20.gif?downsize=700:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

Comments

• edited April 2018 Posts: 17,241
    Finally!
    Only learned about the upcoming This Time with Alan Partridge tonight, and it does sound interesting:
    «This Time, which is a mix of consumer affairs, current affairs, viewer interaction, highbrow interview and lightweight froth, marks Alan’s first return to live television since his 1990s chat show Knowing Me, Knowing You was cancelled after a guest was fatally shot on air.»
    http://deadline.com/2018/02/this-time-with-alan-partridge-first-look-at-steve-coogans-bbc-comedy-return-1202286187/

Also, in honor of the title of the thread:
    Clang
    Clanga langa langa langa langa lang
    Clanga lang
    Langa langa lang

A whole sumbarine?!
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 6,682

Alan Partridge talks to Roger Moore:
    - Hello, Roger-- Hello, Roger!
    - Hello, Alan!
    (perfect Moore impression)
    That's it.

Also: "Scaramanyah."

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Lovely stuff chaps.

Not my words....
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 19,339
    He loves Sir Roger,always has a photo of him in his FYEO jacket at Gonzalez' villa near Madrid close to his bed.

Roger is his favourite Bond bar none !!

Not forgetting Alan loves the theme tune from 'Return of the Saint' as he shows with his drum-roll in his car at Lynne visiting her mums grave.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Love Alan I have Complete Collection boxset and the Mid Morning Matters series. I heard recently another series is in the pipeline.
    Love Alan I have Complete Collection boxset and the Mid Morning Matters series. I heard recently another series is in the pipeline.

It is...and very soon apparantly !!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    barryt007 wrote: »

Alpha Papa was one of the rare times a TV spin off movie was good, I have that on dvd due a rewatch

Alpha Papa was one of the rare times a TV spin off movie was good, I have that on dvd due a rewatch

Alan's bare arse hanging out of the window as his trousers get caught is brilliant...
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I love Alan. Thanks to @Dragonpol for introducing me to him.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited April 2021 Posts: 17,727
    I love Alan. Thanks to @Dragonpol for introducing me to him.

It was my pleasure to introduce you to Norfolk's most famous son. :)
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 17,241

Alan's bare arse hanging out of the window as his trousers get caught is brilliant...

Indeed! Had a real good laugh at that one :))

There's a documentary, too!
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Lovely stuff chaps.

Not my words....

The words of Shakin Stevens.....
    Eat my cheese you mutha.........

Yes, that is the funniest scene in the film for me. Such a great Partridge moment and truly hilarious!
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Don't mean to be an agenda bender but...

Have you guys heard Alan's autobiography 'I, Partridge - We need to talk about Alan' ?

The book is great but the audiobook is hilarious from start to finish. Particularly good in the later half of the book when he's narrating his own interpretation of events we've seen from a very different perspective so brilliantly shown in The Day Today, Knowing Me Knowing You and I'm Alan Partridge. His spin on it is priceless.

I'm about to start reading his second book 'Nomad'
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Don't mean to be an agenda bender but...

Have you guys heard Alan's autobiography 'I, Partridge - We need to talk about Alan' ?

The book is great but the audiobook is hilarious from start to finish. Particularly good in the later half of the book when he's narrating his own interpretation of events we've seen from a very different perspective so brilliantly shown in The Day Today, Knowing Me Knowing You and I'm Alan Partridge. His spin on it is priceless.

I'm about to start reading his second book 'Nomad'

Nomad isn't as good but still has good bits (the chapter on Edmonds in particular).

But don't be a mug and buy the book, get the audiobook and have Alan reading it in his 'warm brown voice'.

Heh!

Heh!

Ha ha! It had to happen eventually! :))
    Hahaha Partridge would be disgusted !!
    edited April 2018 Posts: 17,727
    Hahaha Partridge would be disgusted !!

No doubt he'd have said something like:

"I tell you, if I'd had that exhaust on me I'd have shoved it up your nose!"
    There's a new BBC series of Alan Partridge coming out in Autumn in the format of The One Show, with Partridge filling in for Matt Baker as the guest co-host. Now that sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. Looking forward to it.
    bondsum wrote: »
    There's a new BBC series of Alan Partridge coming out in Autumn in the format of The One Show, with Partridge filling in for Matt Baker as the guest co-host. Now that sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. Looking forward to it.

Sounds brilliant,i did hear that Steve Coogan is happy with it....he is very protective of his ultimate creation.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,102
    That sounds like comedy gold, I hope Alex Jones is on the show I like her
    I wonder if that means the end of Sidekick Simon...
    I enjoyed the two seasons of Mid morning Matters I like how Coogan has mixed up the format to keep it fresh.
    Alan could go in any direction still : back to being a sports presenter,TV host,radio host/DJ,unemployed ....all the things he has been ,or branch into anything new...a very versatile character.

It sounds like Alan's become a sidekick himself, if anything!
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Dragonpol wrote: »

Alan ? a sidekick? never....did you not see when he was in Paris presenting with the French TV host ? haha
    Series 1 of I'm Alan Partridge is the best for me, every episode was spot on.