"Stop getting Bond wrong !!!! " ....Alan Partridge discussion thread .

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited June 2019 Posts: 17,728

:))

In KMKYWAP, I've always loved Alan's commentary on Sue Lewis performing at a horse event when he says, "Take that horse back to the stable and give it a kiss!" :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2019 Posts: 23,104
    Dragonpol wrote: »

In KMKYWAP, I've always loved Alan's commentary on Sue Lewis winning a horse race when he says, "Take that horse back to the stables and give it a kiss!" :))

Some of the early stuff is great, just been watching Alan on old The Day Today clips.

Bombdogs

In KMKYWAP, I've always loved Alan's commentary on Sue Lewis winning a horse race when he says, "Take that horse back to the stables and give it a kiss!" :))

Some of the early stuff is great, just been watching Alan on old The Day Today clips.

Bombdogs

Yes, The Day Today is a quite brilliant satire of news programmes. I was rewatching it again on DVD recently. 'Bombdogs' is one of its most hilarious segments.

=)) Such brilliant technical insights!
    Alan always looks gorgeous in 'sports casual' clothing haha :

maxresdefault.jpg
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Strolling pastel
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Imagine if you saw this chap at the check-out in Tesco's :

x1080-sXO.jpg

"Have you checked your eggs...hmm ok,just some chicken shit on them,but we all follow through once in a while."

Classic Partridge !!!
    Check out this website of the Linton Travel Tavern :

http://www.kost.co.uk/linton_travel_tavern/index.htm
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    barryt007 wrote: »

"A crescent of crisps.." :))

"A crescent of crisps.." :))

Hahahaha I know...he was a bad bugger at that moment,just because Sophie and Ben were going to pop outside for a snog !!
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Alan Partridge IS James Bond :

tak-bw.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuWtNLgCSDqK3EgRap4uFj1z8_6na5OKu-1LdBwUBBnjF4of8W

Gets my vote for B26.
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    Needless to say I had the LAST LAUGH NOW....
    BondStu wrote: »

Aaah but do you shave your crackling ?
    BondStu wrote: »

Aaah but do you shave your crackling ?

It's a bit like a savoury 99!
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Just re-bought my Partridge DVD’s as my other ones are nearly 20 years old and are grainy as hell and even the sound is loud one minute and quiet the next ... a lot of 21st Century Partridge arriving tomorrow !!
    Might keep the old discs also and keep them in the new box set, due to the special features that the new ones might not have.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus

That's fantastic, has that old school look to the website too.

Just caught up with the latest series of Alan Partridge - This Time - while on a long haul flight. Those middle episodes were especially good. The episode where the deceased presenter is revealed to have been...problematic...was Partridge at his best, especially his thinly veiled disdain of the rival presenter who appears as a guest.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,104

Alan and Elton John duet
    'Barney Turpin' :))
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 19,339

That's fantastic, has that old school look to the website too.

Just caught up with the latest series of Alan Partridge - This Time - while on a long haul flight. Those middle episodes were especially good. The episode where the deceased presenter is revealed to have been...problematic...was Partridge at his best, especially his thinly veiled disdain of the rival presenter who appears as a guest.

I was so happy I found that Linton Travel Tavern website ,it just missed a Partridge, which makes it better actually ..but tomorrow all his 21st century DVD’s are coming home to roost and my old ones are being retired after 20 years.

Partridge and Side-kick Simon had me in stitches on This Time.
    Don't cry ears, you're on the side of a lovely head!
    Steve Coogan on Alan Partridge.
    Partridge reminds me of Dame Edna. The character is so well drawn and the actor so comfortable in the role that no script is needed. I could be wrong but I get the feeling that there is a "love/hate" thing going on with Coogan/Partridge. He wants to escape and move on but he keeps getting dragged back.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Oh I think he's comfortable with him now. I just finished the From The Oasthouse podcast which is absolutely fantastic.
    He's just finished shooting a new series of This Time With Alan Partridge too.
    I can see similar qualities to Peter Sellers, remarkable talent in mainstream comedy but wants to be seen as more than that.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I do agree with the reviewer who said of the terrible Holmes and Watson. That
    they could have had a great comedy on their hands if the Leads had done smaller
    roles and let Coogan and Brydon play Holmes and Watson.
    I do agree with the reviewer who said of the terrible Holmes and Watson. That
    they could have had a great comedy on their hands if the Leads had done smaller
    roles and let Coogan and Brydon play Holmes and Watson.

I've watched that film twice (it's alright for a few cheap laughs), and both times left me thinking that this could easily have been a terrific film with Coogan and Brydon in the leads, with jokes better suited to their comedic talents. They are such a great pair to watch in The Trip, The Trip to Italy/Spain/Greece.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I wonder if he's do any jokes about how many Middle aged older presenters
    are getting moved out to make way for a younger more diverse set of
    presenters ? As I think when Partridge is having a rant and partial
    mental break down over something is hilarious.
    edited April 2021 Posts: 17,728
    Look who's big in the back time. The BBC's only gone and given him a second series! Jurassic Park!

Look who's big in the back time. The BBC's only gone and given him a second series! Jurassic Park!

Great news a good excuse for me to revisit series 1, I recall reading the second series was originally set for release last year though due to Covid production was put on hold.

First episode a week today, Back of the Net!
  • edited April 2021 Posts: 12,837

Great news a good excuse for me to revisit series 1, I recall reading the second series was originally set for release last year though due to Covid production was put on hold.

Yeah brilliant news. I’m not sure why the first series got so much stick, I loved it personally. The episode about the dead former host, the final episode and the Irish Alan impersonator were particular highlights for me. I think because we know Armando doesn’t write for the character anymore, some people are perhaps more critical? Or maybe I’m just easily pleased, but imo, while the newer stuff doesn’t quite match the genius of the first few, Coogan has never really missed a beat with this character. Every time he brings him back I’m terrified it’ll be poor, and every time I end up laughing more than most other comedies. Can’t wait for this.

Yeah brilliant news. I’m not sure why the first series got so much stick, I loved it personally. The episode about the dead former host, the final episode and the Irish Alan impersonator were particular highlights for me. I think because we know Armando doesn’t write for the character anymore, some people are perhaps more critical? Or maybe I’m just easily pleased, but imo, while the newer stuff doesn’t quite match the genius of the first few, Coogan has never really missed a beat with this character. Every time he brings him back I’m terrified it’ll be poor, and every time I end up laughing more than most other comedies. Can’t wait for this.

What I like about all Alan's shows are they are a bit different and shows a kind of evolution of the character, well Alan hardly changes lol though there is an evolution of his career/journey.

The allergic reaction Alan had had me in hysterics from This Time series 1.