Dragonpol wrote: »
    Blofeld: Tranny Granny

Or «Drag-y baddie».

Or even Draggers.

«Draggers …badders»?

He certainly is. Mad, bad and dangerous to know!

Indeed! This might actually be the most terrifying we've seen Blofeld.

blofeld.jpg

Well at least the cat appears to be loving it!

Looks to have a better time than the other one…

Yes, the Pleasance Blofeld's cat was not so lucky!

Was thinking more of the double's cat, but you're right about that one, too!

Of course! How could I forget the "wrong pussy"! I'm losing my edge!

It certainly did appear to be kicked and in pain. Not sure if that was legal in filming in 1970/1971?!

Always wondered about that incident. It happens so quick - is it a real cat we see just there?

I need to watch it again. It could be a dummy cat and an overdub. As you say, it all happens so fast!

It can be seen at the 2:25 mark in this video. Difficult to see clearly, even when repeating those frames.

He doesn t kick the cat.He kicks the sofa and the cat jumps.

Does he? Happens so fast!

You can see it if you pause at the exact moment.

You might be right! Looks like he places his toe straight next to the tail and body!

Bond's shoe is very close to it though, so the shoe could have touched the cat a little bit too.

Also, watching that I'm surprised how little the cat actually features in OHMSS. Savalas' Blofeld remains my personal favourite as the only actor to come anywhere close to portraying the Blofeld of the books.
    Savalas Blofeld is easily my favorite. The one in FRWL/TB is great too, but as the main antagonist Bond is up against, OHMSS Blofeld is the only one that really impressed I think. YOLT and SP’s were okay, but left more to be desired. DAF’s... didn’t work for me much at all.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 17,241

Or «Drag-y baddie».

Or even Draggers.

«Draggers …badders»?

blofeld.jpg

It certainly did appear to be kicked and in pain. Not sure if that was legal in filming in 1970/1971?!

Always wondered about that incident. It happens so quick - is it a real cat we see just there?

I need to watch it again. It could be a dummy cat and an overdub. As you say, it all happens so fast!

It can be seen at the 2:25 mark in this video. Difficult to see clearly, even when repeating those frames.

He doesn t kick the cat.He kicks the sofa and the cat jumps.

Does he? Happens so fast!

You can see it if you pause at the exact moment.

You might be right! Looks like he places his toe straight next to the tail and body!

Bond's shoe is very close to it though, so the shoe could have touched the cat a little bit too.

Also, watching that I'm surprised how little the cat actually features in OHMSS. Savalas' Blofeld remains my personal favourite as the only actor to come anywhere close to portraying the Blofeld of the books.

Yes, it looks like it, going back watching it again. Difficult to tell how much, though.
    mattjoes wrote: »

Or «Drag-y baddie».

Or even Draggers.

«Draggers …badders»?

blofeld.jpg

And a horse was mistreated during the making of NSNA. Obvious conclusion: Sean Connery, animal hater. Never watching his films again.
    Not to mention the sharks that get harpooned in TB. That, I'm not a big fan of.
    Agreed.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Or «Drag-y baddie».

Or even Draggers.

«Draggers …badders»?

blofeld.jpg

And a horse was mistreated during the making of NSNA. Obvious conclusion: Sean Connery, animal hater. Never watching his films again.
    Not to mention the sharks that get harpooned in TB. That, I'm not a big fan of.
    Agreed.

Me either.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Secretary of Evil :))

I hope they make another Austin Powers film at some point.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Agreed. He keeps breaking out Dr. Evil for a late night skit every few years - they need to finally do that fourth installment while it's still an option.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Agreed. He keeps breaking out Dr. Evil for a late night skit every few years - they need to finally do that fourth installment while it's still an option.

Under make up I think Myers could still get away with it on the big screen
    Looks like he's put on some weight but for the most part the character himself doesn't look or sound different at all to me. They put another one in theaters, you can be damn sure I'll be there to see it.
    Likewise I have the trilogy on Bluray love the films, it's a shame Love Guru bombed so much some have cited that as reason Myers stopped making life action films, personally I thought Love Guru was hilarious.
    I only saw it once after it hit DVD, don't recall enjoying it but it's been so long since I've seen it. I do love all three Austin Powers movies though, I also have that blu-ray boxset of them.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I only saw it once after it hit DVD, don't recall enjoying it but it's been so long since I've seen it. I do love all three Austin Powers movies though, I also have that blu-ray boxset of them.

Love Guru is bad though it's so stupid it had me laughing.
    Would love for an Austin Power 4. If they can bring back Matt Damon as Jason Bourne, why not Powers!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I despise both Austin Powers and Johnny English. Don t find them funny at all.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 1,469
    Loved the Dr. Evil clip! Those movies are good fun. Just today I was remembering the line from Goldmember, "Oooohh, right in the kenickie!" Love Mini Me eating chocolate--"it's like frikkin' catnip for clones". It figures I'd like the Austin Powers movies, since my favorite comedy movie of all time is Blazing Saddles.

The Heroes & Icons TV channel in the U.S. is running some Bond films this weekend, so I'm waiting for A View To A Kill, one of the DVDs I don't have, to come on in an hour and a half!
    I loved Blazing Saddles, but haven t seen it in 40 years.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I love Mel, and respect his impact on cinema. His work exemplifies how far we've fallen, as movies like his could never be made in this day and age what with outrage being the highest currency. People don't have a sense of humor anymore, or if they do, they're not allowed to.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Birdleson wrote: »

One of my favorite comedies. I watch every five years or so. It was the first Rated-R movie I saw; at the drive-in.

BLAZING SADDLES is rated "R" in the U.S.? Are you kidding? It's always been "12" in Germany and even "6" in the Netherlands. Have I missed a nipple flash?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Birdleson wrote: »

One of my favorite comedies. I watch every five years or so. It was the first Rated-R movie I saw; at the drive-in.

BLAZING SADDLES is rated "R" in the U.S.? Are you kidding? It's always been "12" in Germany and even "6" in the Netherlands. Have I missed a nipple flash?
    Probably the language use, @j_w_pepper, of that certain word. We're a bunch of soft prudes in America.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Ah yes, I forgot the "n" word...which is so out of bounds that you cannot even quote it to show and/or satirize the hypocrisy and racism of those who do use it. Making them sort of untouchable as a result.

I'm pretty sure the German rating board found the farting around the campfire the most critical.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 28,694
    @j_w_pepper, well, we certainly can't let cinema go so far as to offend people or challenge their comfort zones and perceptions of life. When has it ever been art's job to do such an invasive thing as that?! Better to have movies that only imply the hardships of life in stories that are properly censored while also using only accepted terminology for race and using only the approved gender pronouns according to PC law. We either submit, or walk hand in hand to the gulags.
    Wow, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, nobody could have put it better. Thank you for your insights. Should it turn out differently, see you at the gulag.
    Wow, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, nobody could have put it better. Thank you for your insights. Should it turn out differently, see you at the gulag.
    We can share a pot to p*ss in. ;)
    I'll let you have some of my gruel.
    You don t know Brady. He means it literally.
    You don t know Brady. He means it literally.
    It's meant to be literal. The PC death camps will have at least a pot for prisoners to do their business in, and at least a bucket if there's ever a shortage in pots. I say this because I know these people well enough to make most of their moves fairly predictable. The prisoners will complain about not having anywhere to defecate and, being the sensitive ninnies they are, the death camp runners will buckle under the pressure of offending their prisoners and supply the buckets and pots.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    The MPAA is awful
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The MPAA is awful

• edited April 2018 Posts: 1,469
    Ah yes, I forgot the "n" word...
    ...not to mention "rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters...desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, half-wits, dimwits...vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits...muggers, buggerers, bushwackers, hornswagglers...horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass kickers...shit kickers and--METHODISTS!"

Bull dykes and Methodists--those always get me.