The Filmmakers Thread

124»

Comments

• tqbtqb
    i posted it a page back-
    Not exactly a Bond type movie..at all lol
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 5,745
    ^Wasn't expecting it to be.

I'll probably start with documentary film-making (when I start trying to be 100% profesh) because my sort of life goal is photo-journalism.

But I have it figured out:

-Join the military as a combat photographer, receive training + experience
    -While in the military, work some side jobs for newspapers
    -Write a book about my experiences
    -While on leave, or after I'm out of the service, tour Europe
    -Sustain a YouTube account and try to gain some sort of following during all this^
    -Get into documentary film-making / short films
    -Begin work on my fictional documentary film ( its classified, but not too origninal ;) )
    -make da moniez

By the way, beautiful film. Got a little creepy, but that just added to brilliance.

The narration, little edits here and there, and the main character all stunning, in every way. Loved the mapping out, the popcorn bit, and THE SOUND DESIGN.

OH GOD, your so good at sound design. That's rare, my friend. I'd trust you with $500,000 ;)

The rose bit was proper brilliant.
  • tqbtqb
    edited February 2012 Posts: 1,022
    where do you live?

and get a youtube account now- i get paid for mine (not much) but it takes time to get viewers.
    tqb wrote:
    where do you live?

and get a youtube account now- i get paid for mine (not much) but it takes time to get viewers.

East Coast, US. After seeing that character's stalking up there in your brilliant film, I'm a little nervous ;)
  • tqbtqb
    edited February 2012 Posts: 1,022
    ha thanks man :)
    I have an old professor who makes documentaries for Discovery Channel and i also know a guy who did Military photography and now does camera operating and grip stuff on some movies. He's been getting more and more gigs. I think he worked on GI joe 2

and bedtime ttyl
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 303
    Finally got one of my more recent films, and my most popular so far (Before YouTube upload), here is my 'short' film, '13:03'.

BEFORE YOU WATCH (As you may be confused otherwise): It is about a man and the mysterious message: '13:03'...

As other filmmakers on here, you lot may not see it as much, but to me it is something i am highly prooud of as we basically had only 4-5 hours to write a script AND start and finish shooting, which in film making terms is 'no time at all!'

Oh, plus here's our Facebook page, which i would love for you to atleast take a look at please? - http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ultimate-Projects-Productions/287895177933669
  • tqbtqb
    I liked it! It kept my attention and intrigue. I wanted to know what was gonna happen. I think this idea has a lot of potential. But why did he kill him at the end? - there is no explanation. And i liked you on fb.
  • tqb wrote:
    I liked it! It kept my attention and intrigue. I wanted to know what was gonna happen. I think this idea has a lot of potential. But why did he kill him at the end? - there is no explanation. And i liked you on fb.

Aha, cheers! :)
    - Yeah, about the explanation, the way i say to people is that we are supposed to be viewing it through the main character's point of view, unware. During the time we had, i couldn't get much from it unfortunately. Possibly in a sequel, 13:04, we could see it from the other character's point of view? (;o)
  • tqbtqb
    haha perhaps!
    Just curious- why were you limited on time?
    tqb wrote:
    haha perhaps!
    Just curious- why were you limited on time?

Well, i wanted to film something before beginning a bigger project, so got a few friends round, and we realised that we only had a few hours to write, and shoot a whole four-five minute short, which, on paper was only 1 page long before they had to leave. The last few parts to the film is hugely rushed as we noticed we only had around 40 minutes to finish it!

Just thought I'd let you all know, the new Members section is now finally open. Register to promote yourself and start networking with other filmmakers - http://www.filmnav.co.uk/m4-members
    Just thought that i'd reive this thread by posting my newest short film, 'The Diary'.
    - Only uploaded it a few hours ago. I am pretty proud of it.

If you find it confusing at all the first time, i recommend a second viewing:

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Thought everyone might be interested in checking this out. It's the trailer for a short film I produced, which we are entering into all the major film festivals this year. Enjoy!

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited July 2013 Posts: 17,691
    Thought everyone might be interested in checking this out.
    Looks good. Looks professional... it piqued my interest. :)>-

Here's a short I worked on a bunch of years ago (I'm every other guy getting hit or shot).
    watch?v=MVNOGhQUUn8
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 12,837
    HASEROT wrote:
    i've actually kicked around the idea of shooting some of the Bond short stories written by Ian Fleming.. like From A View To A Kill, or A Quantum Of Solace - as faithful (as i possibly can with no budget lol) adaptations... and posting them on youtube or wherever - and actually starting off with the traditional gunbarrel and everything..

it would be an interesting exercise lol.

I'd watch them. I liked that short horror film you did that you posted on here.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Bruce Murdock: Agents of Illusion

Seattle 2023 - Crime is at an all time high. The economy has collapsed due to corruption and there was a large rebel outcry that lead to a short war. Bruce Murdock our hero..well anti-hero is a vigilante. His father was murdered by gangster Nathan Greene in 2010. Bruce has sworn vengeance and vows to kill Greene and destroy his organization. However the mysterious organization Illusion Industries sees Bruce as a potential tool to wipe out there competition and lower the crime rates considerably. So Bruce finally has a chance to get his revenge, but he's not alone. He'll have the help of hacker Rylus Carlyle who is being blackmailed by Greene to do his cyber crimes. Sasha Hamilton, an undercover CIA agent who's on Bruce's trail but waiting to strike and Earl Jonas, an ex gangster who worked for Greene but snitched on a few details so Greene wants him dead. Illusion decides to form a team of with Bruce, Rylus, Sasha and Earl and they become...The Agents of Illusion!

This is an old trailer to a movie I'm sort of rewriting. The trailer represents ideas in the movie but I could only film under certain criteria. However I do enjoy it and hope you get a laugh or two out of it. ;)

I filmed it with my Canon Vixia HFR20 and edited in Final Cut pro.
    Murdock wrote:
    Bruce Murdock: Agents of Illusion

Seattle 2023 - Crime is at an all time high. The economy has collapsed due to corruption and there was a large rebel outcry that lead to a short war. Bruce Murdock our hero..well anti-hero is a vigilante. His father was murdered by gangster Nathan Greene in 2010. Bruce has sworn vengeance and vows to kill Greene and destroy his organization. However the mysterious organization Illusion Industries sees Bruce as a potential tool to wipe out there competition and lower the crime rates considerably. So Bruce finally has a chance to get his revenge, but he's not alone. He'll have the help of hacker Rylus Carlyle who is being blackmailed by Greene to do his cyber crimes. Sasha Hamilton, an undercover CIA agent who's on Bruce's trail but waiting to strike and Earl Jonas, an ex gangster who worked for Greene but snitched on a few details so Greene wants him dead. Illusion decides to form a team of with Bruce, Rylus, Sasha and Earl and they become...The Agents of Illusion!

This is an old trailer to a movie I'm sort of rewriting. The trailer represents ideas in the movie but I could only film under certain criteria. However I do enjoy it and hope you get a laugh or two out of it. ;)

I filmed it with my Canon Vixia HFR20 and edited in Final Cut pro.
    This sounds masterful. May I view a rough cut?