The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Not only is the second half worse but the second half of the second half is somehow even worse than that.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Strog wrote: »
    Not only is the second half worse but the second half of the second half is somehow even worse than that.

The plane sequence is beyond bad, Gustav's Exosuit is about as bad as bad gets.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    This film makes Bond spoofs redundant
    I really need to buy the DAD expanded score, the music cue when Zao runs to the helicopter is awesome.

#BringArnoldBack

Bond firing the oxygen cannisters through the wall is pretty cool.
    I hope Rosa Klebb's dagger shoe was devenomized when Bond touched the tip of the dagger.

It's impossible to apply any logic to this film ;))
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    He even inhaled.
    He even inhaled.

R and Bond were lucky not to collapse from the TB jet pack blast
    Hobo Brosbond looks ridiculous :))

Brosbond has watched the Flint films lowering his heart rate.

Two moments out of many that had me cringeing! Brossa hobo makeup makes him look like he auditioning for Monty Pythons Life of Brian ("are there any women here?")
    Embarrassing!
    And the heart stopping scene was a disgrace.
    Bet Fleming was spinning in his grave at that one!
    I don't get this 'first half is great' malarky!
    I think it's bad all the way from the surfing sequence!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Two moments out of many that had me cringeing! Brossa hobo makeup makes him look like he auditioning for Monty Pythons Life of Brian ("are there any women here?")
    Embarrassing!

Only the title sequence is great. Bond carrying that ornithologist book is also a nice touch. That s it.

Embarrassing!

Only the title sequence is great. Bond carrying that ornithologist book is also a nice touch. That s it.

Yes. Daniel Kleinman is one of the better things to come from the Brossa era. Though I'm getting a bit tired if his titles lately!
  • mattjoesmattjoes It's Neil Connery's world, we're just living in it.

Embarrassing!

Yes. Daniel Kleinman is one of the better things to come from the Brossa era. Though I'm getting a bit tired if his titles lately!
    Why?
    Birdleson wrote: »
    They have become a hodge-podge of references to the film. Dull and chaotic at the same time. His first five were thematic and enigmatic.

Yes. There kinda all over the place now!
    I remember being disappointed that he wasn't involved with QOS but I really liked what MK12 did with the titles and I even think Kleinman echoed some of their work in SF.
    Time for a change again I think!
    In the case of Skyfall, Sam Mendes explained he wanted the camera in the title sequence to keep moving, like if we were on a journey into the underworld. Also, he wanted the sequence to tell to the story of the film but filtered through the prism of Bond's unconscious. I think these ideas may have naturally led to the sequence being more busy and varied than previous ones, as well as being more openly and more intensely referential to the images and symbols in the film. That may well have also been true to a degree in the case of Spectre. I do think these sequences are a bit too loaded with images and symbols, but Kleinman's work is still very good and I'm happy with his clever use of imagery from the films, especially compared to, say, late Maurice Binder, whose later sequences were a bit uninspired and generic. MK12's work I appreciate in the sense that it allows the images to breathe more, unlike the later two films, but that aside I find it a tad vapid.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 23,686
    Resuming DAD Bond has arrived at the Ice Palace, great track whilst Bond is in the Aston.

Bond and Graves deliver lines like they are whacking each other over the head with a mallet.

'plenty of Ice, if you can spare it' Brosnan delivers that with venom.

Jinx is really bad
    Almost every character interaction in the ice palace is forced, the director must have said to the actors act like you hate him, you hate her.
    The ludicrous car battle is alot of fun.
    With all the OTT tech in this film, it's hilarious when Bond and Jinx are struggling to use wire clippers on the perimeter fence so they can get on Gustav's plane.
    The third act is Bond at its lowest, the script is bottom of the barrel tasteless. Onto TWINE next...
    The intention was more than clear in each. It's the result that I question.
    I know; I was pointing out that likely much of the result was not incidental, but intrinsic to the intention or guiding concept behind these sequences.
    DAD is the worst. I had no doubts about it my last watch.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    DAD is the worst. I had no doubts about it my last watch.
    I really enjoy most of it.

Good for you.

Indeed! I've never had doubts. Say what you like about SP (and it probably will drop in my rankings over time) but it will never be as bad as DAD. Truly the worst Bond movie ever!
    SP is pretty lazy and lackluster, but for me less offensive than DAD. You can say DAD is more “colorful” or “fun,” but to me it’s just a massive cringefest with few good elements behind it. Once they’re at the ice palace nothing is redeeming. A few bits in the firsf half are cool but that’s abouf it.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    SP is pretty lazy and lackluster, but for me less offensive than DAD. You can say DAD is more “colorful” or “fun,” but to me it’s just a massive cringefest with few good elements behind it. Once they’re at the ice palace nothing is redeeming. A few bits in the firsf half are cool but that’s abouf it.

Afraid I don't even see those. The opening surfing scene and Kleinman titles( with the sound off of course) is about it for me! Truly abysmal otherwise
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 12,303
    The sword fight, half of the PTS, and Bond’s couple scenes imprisoned are the biggest highlights. SP for me has: good PTS, great train fight, White’s scene, better location uses, the SPECTRE meeting... a couple more good things. Both films have very weak third acts.
    Poor Vargas. Unfairly picked on.
    LICENCE TO KILL

Warehouse scene............there goes Killifer.

Tim's shirt/jacket is quite unusual. Hides his PPK, though.
    M scene.
    Somehow, right after Hawkins left 007 at the Hemingway gate, and brfore Bond ascends the stairs to meet M, Bond must have found a barber shop nearby and got a trim .
    Bond looks like he hasn't had a shower in at least a week. Either that or it's really hot in Key West.