"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Finally! ManU plating horrible football in both ties despite having a considerably bigger budget.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Oops. The bus not going to cut it now. They need to find the keys to the Ferrari.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Hasta luego ManU!
    So who will the great master genius blame for this defeat, @TheWizardOfIce? The referee? UEFA? FA? Shaw? ;)
    edited March 2018 Posts: 9,117
    Look at Alexis' face!

Another last 16 limping out for the highest paid player in the league? Maybe it's not Wenger it's you son?
    jobo wrote: »
    So who will the great master genius blame for this defeat, @TheWizardOfIce? The referee? UEFA? FA? Shaw? ;)

He does seem to be descending into a parody of himself. Is there a match he doesn't park the bus in these days? His Chelsea team used to batter people but he seems terrified to cross the halfway line now.

You wonder if this is how the decline starts and if in 10 years he'll have to be dragged off the stage like Wenger?
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 7,506
    I am sooo enjoying this! :D

You can hear the sorrow in the Norwegian commentators voices! They have never been able to hide their English team (and United especially) bias. Looking forward to witness the frustration and mourning in the studio later :)
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Over the moon we scored three away from home at hull Saturday! Shame we conceded four in the process! Lol! OTBC!!!!!

That must have been frustrating! At least Norwich got some attacking returns.

Your not kidding!!!
    Over the moon we scored three away from home at hull Saturday! Shame we conceded four in the process! Lol! OTBC!!!!!

Your not kidding!!!

Just looked up some stats: A bit surprised to see that Nélson Oliveira isn't the top scorer in the team - but James Maddison is! Is Maddison playing in a very attacking role, even if he's a midfielder?
    jobo wrote: »

He does seem to be descending into a parody of himself. Is there a match he doesn't park the bus in these days? His Chelsea team used to batter people but he seems terrified to cross the halfway line now.

You wonder if this is how the decline starts and if in 10 years he'll have to be dragged off the stage like Wenger?

As long as he spends those 10 years dragging Man Utd down with him.
    Poor Sanchez,looks like we got rid of you at the right time...we got Miki,so who got the best deal ?

Not the big man of the team anymore and it shows.

Man Utd's wage bill must be huge for a team of 'bus parkers'.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Poor Sanchez,looks like we got rid of you at the right time...we got Miki,so who got the best deal ?

I'm really glad Arsenal got Mkhitaryan out of that deal. Add that to the fact he's now reunited with Aubameyang. Arsenal couldn't have done better business than that. I'm sure Sven Mislintat is the key behind all this, which is positive from a backroom staff point of view.

I'm really glad Arsenal got Mkhitaryan out of that deal. Add that to the fact he's now reunited with Aubameyang. Arsenal couldn't have done better business than that. I'm sure Sven Mislintat is the key behind all this, which is positive from a backroom staff point of view.

Indeed.

They know eachother's play ,and it showed against Watford at the weekend.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 7,506
    - "I've sat in this chair with Porto - Man Utd out. I've sat here with Real Madrid - Man Utd out. I don't think it is something unusual for the club."

Jose Mourinho

You have to see it to believe it. I am practically speechless! I knew the guy would to everything in his power except admitting own mistakes and shortcomings, but that he would go as far as basically trolling his own club? I guess he deep down knows only himself is to blame for the result, so lets pretend the problem is the club and at the same time remember everyone of his previous achievements. The only problem is that it doesn't make sense, is completely unfair against the financially and historically most powerfull club in modern English history. I guess if he would have had ten seconds to think it through, he would recognise how ridiculous the comment is, and how provocative and infuriating it is for the supporters. But right there, in the heat of the moment, nothing is more important than to save his own pride - how cheap an attempt it might be.

I can't imagine any United fans would still support this guy. If it was my team, I would be fuming!
    Yeah that was a pretty pitiful press conference. I'm happy it's giving you so much pleasure @jobo. It would be great if he's st the start of a Wengeresque decline and Utd refuse to sack him for a decade.

How was it he lost the plot so massively yesterday after such a tactically perfect performance against Liverpool a few days earlier?

And what has happened to Sanchez? Good job he secured himself a juicy new contract as if he'd waited till the summer and gone on a free people would have said he's overpriced.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 17,341

Indeed.

It really did, and the only thing more enjoyable in that game, was the Deeney/Čech penalty!
    Yeah that was a pretty pitiful press conference. I'm happy it's giving you so much pleasure @jobo. It would be great if he's st the start of a Wengeresque decline and Utd refuse to sack him for a decade.

How was it he lost the plot so massively yesterday after such a tactically perfect performance against Liverpool a few days earlier?

And what has happened to Sanchez? Good job he secured himself a juicy new contract as if he'd waited till the summer and gone on a free people would have said he's overpriced.

It would almost be incredible if he started to emulate Wenger - the very manager who he's always have been taking digs at.

giphy.gif

Whatever happened to United last night, I don't know. Sevilla got their subs right, and it payed off. United didn't look like scoring, even though they got that one goal from Lukaku. Lukaku even accused his team-mates of hiding too, after the match. Way too early to make a conclusion, but could it be that Arsenal got the best out of Sánchez? He wasn't really making things happen before the transfer to United, either.

All credit to Mkhitaryan for delivering at Arsenal from day one. Much to do because of Aubameyang, of course.

Indeed.

It really did, and the only thing more enjoyable in that game, was the Deeney/Čech penalty!

That was a great moment,what a time for Cech to make his first penalty save AND get 200 clean sheets,and Deeney helped him do it haha !!

Indeed.

That was a great moment,what a time for Cech to make his first penalty save AND get 200 clean sheets,and Deeney helped him do it haha !!

You couldn't do it in a better way, really. A season highlight, for sure!

Indeed.

I cant see twitter on my work PC,its blocked..something funny is it ?

Indeed.

Depending how you see it, really. If you're a Sevilla fan, then this is a highlight! It's a stat that shows Sánchez lost the ball 42(!) times against Sevilla. Most for an individual player in the CL this season.

Indeed.

Depending how you see it, really. If you're a Sevilla fan, then this is a highlight! It's a stat that shows Sánchez lost the ball 42(!) times against Sevilla. Most for an individual player in the CL this season.

He's been woeful....I love it !!

Indeed.

He's been woeful....I love it !!

Still fear he might become a better player at United, but at least Mkhitaryan has had a good start at Arsenal.

Funny, preview of the Beşiktaş-Bayern München match on TV now, but the majority of the preview has been covering Mourinho's post match interview, and the United players. Just a short coverage of the match that's about to start…
    Chelsea's line-up against Barca:

Chelsea playing a striker, but not Morata…

Barca takes Chelsea on the counter, and Dembele makes it 2-0! Assist by Messi.

Half-time. Chelsea very close a goal on a free-kick by Alonso. They've responded very well to the early goals by Barca, but no goals for Conte's men yet.
    Chelsea could have got a penalty there! Not given…

…Messi makes it 3-0!
    So much for 5 English clubs in the QFs.

Real, Bayern, Liverpool, Barca, Juve, Roma, Sevilla and City.

4 members of European royalty, a minor royal, two members of the aristocracy and a crass oil billionaire driving round in his gold Bugatti.

Your not kidding!!!

Just looked up some stats: A bit surprised to see that Nélson Oliveira isn't the top scorer in the team - but James Maddison is! Is Maddison playing in a very attacking role, even if he's a midfielder?

I would describe him as a creative, attacking midfielder which is why sadly why we will no doubt lose him come the end of the season! Especially with Premier League clubs sniffing around him.
    So much for 5 English clubs in the QFs.

Real, Bayern, Liverpool, Barca, Juve, Roma, Sevilla and City.

4 members of European royalty, a minor royal, two members of the aristocracy and a crass oil billionaire driving round in his gold Bugatti.

Will be an exciting draw! Hoping for Sevilla or Roma.
    Game over. Chelsea weren't horrible. Hit the bar twice, while Barca made the most out of their chances. Messi the key, no doubt.

Your not kidding!!!

I would describe him as a creative, attacking midfielder which is why sadly why we will no doubt lose him come the end of the season! Especially with Premier League clubs sniffing around him.

Creative attacking midfielders are highly sought after, so there will surely be offers - especially with him making 12 goals so far. Maybe Farke has a few Borussia Dortmund II players he can bring to Norwich?

Wonder where Ryan Sessegnon ends up. He will have offers as well, and can actually end up getting promoted with Fulham!
    Game over. Chelsea weren't horrible. Hit the bar twice, while Barca made the most out of their chances. Messi the key, no doubt.

Your not kidding!!!

Creative attacking midfielders are highly sought after, so there will surely be offers - especially with him making 12 goals so far. Maybe Farke has a few Borussia Dortmund II players he can bring to Norwich?

Wonder where Ryan Sessegnon ends up. He will have offers as well, and can actually end up getting promoted with Fulham!

Hopefully so?!!! Yeah, their is no way surely that Sessegnon will be at Fulham which ever division they are in?

Your not kidding!!!

Hopefully so?!!! Yeah, their is no way surely that Sessegnon will be at Fulham which ever division they are in?

Sp*rs have been linked, I think - as well as United. Would think that if he values playing time, staying at Fulham is key. But, as we all know there's always money involved, and Fulham will probably sell if the price demand is met.