Sir Roger Moore's Fisticuffs

13»

Comments

The way he disarms the thug and twists his arm,then thrusts his head into the octopus tank was excellent.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I think the mansion fight is decent but the attackers don't look intimidating enough. Also, they come across as a bit clumsy, though that is concealed a bit with everybody moving around so much. The business with the vase seems like a gimmick to make up for the lack of intensity of the fight. On the plus side, there are a couple of nice moves (Bond throws a good punch at one of them) and I like how they use the chain. The sound design adds a lot to the scene, especially with the sound of the wooden floor. The score is terrific. I think the earlier part of the scene, with the shotgun, is much better, though.

The roll and fire on the balcony is top quality and then the score kicks in which elevates the scene to a decent one, when the truth is its almost as bad as the warehouse fight.

Shows the power of Barry's music. I wonder if someone were to rescore the warehouse fight with this music it would suddenly feel like a half decent fight?
    I think the mansion fight is decent but the attackers don't look intimidating enough. Also, they come across as a bit clumsy, though that is concealed a bit with everybody moving around so much. The business with the vase seems like a gimmick to make up for the lack of intensity of the fight. On the plus side, there are a couple of nice moves (Bond throws a good punch at one of them) and I like how they use the chain. The sound design adds a lot to the scene, especially with the sound of the wooden floor. The score is terrific. I think the earlier part of the scene, with the shotgun, is much better, though.

The roll and fire on the balcony is top quality and then the score kicks in which elevates the scene to a decent one, when the truth is its almost as bad as the warehouse fight.

Shows the power of Barry's music. I wonder if someone were to rescore the warehouse fight with this music it would suddenly feel like a half decent fight?

It just shows how much the great man is missed,even after 31 years since TLD.

It would probably be much better, but sadly, that damn henchman voluntarily lying down would still be there.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    The way he disarms the thug and twists his arm,then thrusts his head into the octopus tank was excellent.
    Completely agreed. Moore is much more physical in this fight than in other ones. It improves the scene quite a bit.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Completely agreed. Moore is much more physical in this fight than in other ones. It improves the scene quite a bit.
    In several of his fights, Moore seems to be defensive and he's definitely on the offensive here and throughout OP, which is part of why I like this film so much, especially this fight.
    The ruthless way he shoots the young Russian guard on the train while questioning Orlov and then waits his for his moment to shoot another soldier through the head on the stairs while under the train was so thrilling for me.
    The shock on the young soldiers face as he shoots him through the head is awesome.

This is yet another reason why OP is my favourite Moore film and rates so highly for me.