Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Love it @DaltonCraig007. Once again, Cruise makes us remember classic Bond through MI.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    All hail to Cruise!
    bondjames wrote: »
    MI: GP

Loved it as always. Such a step up from the last two in my opinion. It's the combination (and incorporation) of a little style along with the normal action and heroics that elevates this film. From the fabulous opening sequence in Budapest (which features none other than Lea Seydoux herself as crack assassin Sabine Moreau) it's clear that this film means business. The first time one sees Hunt in the PTS, he's coolly bouncing a ball of a prison wall in Moscow (a far cry from the first scene in the last film where he's strapped to a torture chair, helpless and frenzied), just before he smoothly breaks out accompanied by Dean Martin's Ain't That A Kick In The Head. These two opening sequences set the tone for the rest of the film. The action is truly first class, including the now famous Burj Khalifa climb, the sandstorm chase, the automated (and highly inventive) parking garage fight, and of course the Russian prison break. They are all done with a little wink/humour, which makes all the difference for me. One of my favourite scenes is Hunt's instinctive escape from the Moscow hospital - simple but highly effective. The team is outstanding too (Paula Patton and Jeremy Renner join Simon Pegg). I'm almost tempted to move this to #1, but I'll have to wait until I view MI:RN (my current top dog) tomorrow before making a final call.
    Excellent review. Captures the appeal of GP quite well.
    Thanks @BT3366.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    mission-impossible-rebecca-ferguson-5-1438175521.gif?quality=.8&height=243&width=590
    What a way to go.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    mission-impossible-rebecca-ferguson-5-1438175521.gif?quality=.8&height=243&width=590
    What a way to go.

He doesn't die from that, but yes, exiting life via Rebecca Ferguson's thighs is top of my list.
    For Her Thighs Only. ;)
    For Her Thighs Only. ;)

The Thighs Who Loved Me.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    For Her Thighs Only. ;)
    The Thighs Who Loved Me.
    The Woman With The Golden Thighs. ;)
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Cruise looks great in that pic.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 15,423
    He definitely looks better post GP than he did before.

...Well, at least for me... I used to hate his face a lot during the 2000s because he reminded me of a very formidable enemy of mine... in high school. :))
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    When are we getting the trailer?
    I've noticed that too and it's more apparent when I go back and view his old films (including the earlier MI). There was something a bit 'crafty' (for lack of a better word) about him in the past. A bit smug and too slick. As he's aged that element has disappeared and he just looks a bit more weathered now, while still retaining his trademark looks.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2018 Posts: 23,449
    Really looking forward to MI: Fallout though with 25 TV spots and trailers that have accompanied films recently time to avoid this thread, I want to be surprised by a film every trailer is a spoiler now.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I've noticed that too and it's more apparent when I go back and view his old films (including the earlier MI). There was something a bit 'crafty' (for lack of a better word) about him in the past. A bit smug and too slick. As he's aged that element has disappeared and he just looks a bit more weathered now, while still retaining his trademark looks.
    Precisely!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    aaron819 wrote: »
    When are we getting the trailer?
    It was my impression we'd be getting it during the Superbowl.
    Six more hours.
    Really looking forward to watching the trailer!
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland

While waiting for the real thing
    Just saw the TV spot, going to need to change the undies after that one.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Woozers! Impressed.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    That fight in the bathroom looks pretty badass.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Oh wow!

That looks good.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    This looks awesome.
    The beginning made me think of Mr. White in Quantum.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Looks magnificent.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2018 Posts: 15,691
    Here's the youtube link:

JET007 wrote: »
    The beginning made me think of Mr. White in Quantum.

I got the exact same vibes at that part, as well.