Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,690

Expendables 4!!! Yes please!!!!
    I´m once again baffled at Jonah Hill´s weight loss. I can´t believe it. How does he do that?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I´m once again baffled at Jonah Hill´s weight loss. I can´t believe it. How does he do that?

Get yourself millions of dollars and an expert personal trainer and you could, too!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,690
    Wow, that looks like a top notch 80s fantasy horror B-movie!
    edited January 2018 Posts: 40,480
    The recent tease was an error (obviously), and the new Tomb Raider trailer will go live tomorrow.

Also, first look at Zac Efron as serial killer Ted Bundy:

DTxGHY8W0AA-u0n.jpg
    New John Wick: Chapter III information unveiled, with a March 1st start time and Hiroyuki Sanada set to play the main villain:

https://screenrant.com/john-wick-3-director-filming-start-returning-cast/
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    And I was just in a heavy John Wick mood in the past few days. :D
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I still wish they had cast someone like Gemma Arteton for Lara but I'll still see this as I'm a fan of the games.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Looks as boring as the first.
    The trailer was slightly better, I suppose? Still not doing anything for me with all that CGI dominating the action and set pieces, unfortunately.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

I was planning to see 12 Strong tomorrow, but this trailer and Butler's badassery has compelled me to view this instead. I'll report back once it's over.
    I'm getting a bit of a Batman Begins vibe from some of it (including the arrival at daddy's company in the first trailer). I have to say the cinematography and production values look to be top notch and Vikander is quite a believable action girl, even if she's lacking some of that sex appeal one desires. The villain is completely forgettable from these trailers however. Not a patch on Iain Glen.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I’m going to take a hard pass on that film
    I’m going to take a hard pass on that film
    Better make that two.
    I could do with looking at the other 2018 releases, but off the top of my head this is in my Top 3 of most anticipated films for the year. Trailers have done an incredible job of selling me on it without spoiling too much.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

They appear to be sticking very close to the last two games, I'll give it a go though I need to be convinced by the lead.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Oh dear!
    Is that for real, and is anyone going to watch that?
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,423
    It screams premature flop.

The premise on IMDB claims:
    "Crocodile Dundee is back. Well, actually, he's missing in the Outback. And the only person who might be able to find him is the loudmouthed American son no-one knew he had. Introducing Danny McBride as Brian Dundee. This son of a legend is forced to channel his Aussie roots as he embarks on the ultimate adventure in the land down under. It's time to live up to the family name."

First off, casting McBride is a business suicide, an unfunny "comedian", let alone Dundee's son. Secondly, if you want it done right, stick to the humour of the originals, not the current embarrassment of the US comedy market the sensible people call "an absolute bore".
    Sounds like some contractual obligation garbage that McBride got suckered into shooting. Can't even bring myself to watch the trailer.
  • I'm surprised there's so much outrage about this to be honest. When they redid the likes of Ghostbusters I understood, but I genuinely didn't think Crocodile Dundee was that highly regarded.

I think Danny Mcbride is hilarious (probably the best part of This Is The End) and 21/22 Jump Street have convinced me that even the worst sounding ideas can turn out brilliantly, so I'm not going to write it off just yet, but that teaser and description alone aren't really enough to get me excited. It is one of those "so mental it's interesting" kind of ideas though.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 2018 Posts: 13,894
    A cheap attempt to cash in on a hit from years ago, with an hitherto unseen son (though wasn't there a son in the third film?). I'm guessing it will have somewhere in the region of 40-45 knob jokes. The write-up sounds so bad, i'm already in the fetal position.
    A cheap attempt to cash in on a hit from years ago, with an hitherto unseen son (thoug wasn't there a son in the third film?). I'm guess it will have somewhere in the region of 40-45 knob jokes. The write-up sounds so bad, i'm already in the fetal position.
    That's exactly what I felt upon seeing the trailer.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I don't know anything about this McBride fellow but that teaser looks bloody awful. I suppose they're cashing in on the Jumanji jungle fever. I don't have any interest in this.
    It looks like it was made by high school students.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,378
    I liked the first film when I watched it as a kid, I love the score and still play it. Crocodile Dundee was a typical fish out of water 80's flick, though the sequels got progressively worse. The new Son of Dundee not sure what it's called, reminds me of the awful Pink Panther films made after Peter Sellers death.