BECOMING BOND - new documentary feature on the other other fellow, George Lazenby

12346»

Comments

Red_Snow wrote: »
    'Becoming Bond' will be released on DVD in the UK on Monday, 6 November, 2017.

That sounds like something I will treat myself too then!
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Just watched this again. So funny and heart warming. What a life the guy has had and what an advert for self confidence.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Just watched this again. So funny and heart warming. What a life the guy has had and what an advert for self confidence.

Probably still the craziest thing to ever happen in the development of the Bond series, and probably will be forever. The saying "stranger than fiction" comes to mind when one thinks of old George.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    It showls at the Leids Film Festival (LIFF) in Leiden (duh) Netherlands next monday!

https://www.liff.nl/en/Program/Movie/becoming-bond/3518
    No Blu Ray, just DVD?
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I plan on watching this tonight. I just remembered about it
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Probably still the craziest thing to ever happen in the development of the Bond series, and probably will be forever. The saying "stranger than fiction" comes to mind when one thinks of old George.

If I saw the documentary and knew nothing but a general grasp of the Bond world, I wouldn't believe it's a true story at all. Definitely stranger than fiction.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Just saw the documentary and I found it to be very much fun and I love Lazenby‘s final remark in it.

The man WAS James Bond excluding the espionage aspect in real life :-D

Highly recommended
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    'Becoming Bond' will premiere on Australian television on Sunday, 3 December, 2017 at 8:30PM on SBS.
  • I’m late to the party, but I just saw this on HULU and I was really impressed! So funny. Even my husband got a kick out of it, and he hasn’t even seen OHMSS (need to rectify that....)

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a documentary that was such fun!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Well, hi there, @lalala2004!
    i got the dvd in November as a birthday present. Apologies for being predictable but i found it very funny and (occasionally) very moving too,
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Welcome back @lalala2004 ! Good to see you're alive and kicking!
  • @DarthDimi @CommanderRoss Howdy! I knew it had been a little while since I’ve been on here, but apparently it’s been two years? Oops! I had a kid, I’ve been busy.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    lalala2004 wrote: »
    @DarthDimi @CommanderRoss Howdy! I knew it had been a little while since I’ve been on here, but apparently it’s been two years? Oops! I had a kid, I’ve been busy.

Bless the little lala!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @lalala2004, I don't think I've had much conversation with you in the past, but congratulations on the child! I expect you to raise them on Bond films the right way. ;)
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 162
    @lalala2004, I don't think I've had much conversation with you in the past, but congratulations on the child! I expect you to raise them on Bond films the right way. ;)

I’m not quite OG, but spent a lot of time on the old forums yearrrs ago. I’ll certainly show him the Bond films when he’s old enough, but I’m still working on getting my husband to see them all, and considering we’ve been married nearly 5 years, I think I’m failing as a Bond fan :#

lalala2004 wrote: »

I’m not quite OG, but spent a lot of time on the old forums yearrrs ago. I’ll certainly show him the Bond films when he’s old enough, but I’m still working on getting my husband to see them all, and considering we’ve been married nearly 5 years, I think I’m failing as a Bond fan :#
    @lalala2004, your husband is being a very bad boy. Might I suggest what they do with pets? Get a squirt bottle and spray him until he lets you pop in a Bond film? You'll use up a lot of water but with decent effort you should get him through all 24 in good time. ;)
    Congratulations on the family extension @lalala2004 !!!!!! How wonderful, working on the next generation of Bond-fans! And considering your husband, bondfandom is patient..

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!