"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

barryt007 wrote: »
    SANCHEZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT : SANCHEZ AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3-1

LOVELY!
    Such a shame he will leave!
    Was just thinking is this likely to be Sanchez last game

All I can say is that you never know...its never over 'till its over.

EDIT : SANCHEZ AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3-1

LOVELY!

True, but his body language says a lot…

Having Wilshere play multiple games is like a new signing, really. Great effort on the assist to Alexis.

LOVELY!

True, but his body language says a lot…

Having Wilshere play multiple games is like a new signing, really. Great effort on the assist to Alexis.

Jackie Wilshire is having a great game..Sanchez' body language looks ok to me tonight ...maybe he and Arsene have had a chat.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I read though I take with a pinch of salt a replacement for Sanchez is being lined up, I guess it's down to whether Arsenal want to recoup some money or let him go for free.
    I had heard we are interested in Zaha,but he is very light-weight to me.
    I read though I take with a pinch of salt a replacement for Sanchez is being lined up, I guess it's down to whether Arsenal want to recoup some money or let him go for free.
    I had heard we are interested in Zaha,but he is very light-weight to me.

Heard the Zaha rumour. Draxler is another. Nzonzi has been rumoured as well, but he plays as a defensive midfielder, if I remember correctly.
    Nzonzi was crap at Stoke ,and we already have Granit and Francis as holding midfielders.
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 17,297
    Nzonzi was crap at Stoke ,and we already have Granit and Francis as holding midfielders.

Arsenal have cover in the holding midfield position, that's for sure. One of those headlines that never go away, most likely. Wouldn't be against a Draxler January signing, though!

Maitland-Niles on for Xhaka. Think Maitland-Niles have been performing well lately.
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 19,339

Arsenal have cover in the holding midfield position, that's for sure. One of those headlines that never go away, most likely. Wouldn't be against a Draxler January signing, though!

If we lose Sanchez then Draxler would be an option,but I think he has said he prefers Liverpool.

EDIT : Bollocks,here we go again.

If we lose Sanchez then Draxler would be an option,but I think he has said he prefers Liverpool.

Draxler's German after all, so that's no surprise. Will be (positively) surprised if Wenger strengthens the squad in January.
    Wenger doesn't do defending…
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Bloody hell....why do they have to give us fans a heart attack every time ?!
    I'm not sure my heart will take live matches against WBA on New Years Eve and Chelsea on 3 Jan !!

3 points though....bravo !!
    Bloody hell....why do they have to give us fans a heart attack every time ?!
    I'm not sure my heart will take live matches against WBA on New Years Eve and Chelsea on 3 Jan !!

3 points though....bravo !!

Yeah, fucking hell. Great with a win, but watching that defending… Oh my… Will miss the next game; maybe just as well. Can't take two matches like the one tonight so close between!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Admirable attempt Arsenal but you see pissing a 2 goal lead away just isn't as easy as Minger makes it look is it?
    Admirable attempt Arsenal but you see pissing a 2 goal lead away just isn't as easy as Minger makes it look is it?

Haha!
    Still prefer Čech and Ospina over the Liverpool goalkeepers. God knows how many goals Arsenal had let in without Čech this season.
    How have Arsenal conceded 2 more goals than Liverpool?

Haha!
    Still prefer Čech and Ospina over the Liverpool goalkeepers. God knows how many goals Arsenal had let in without Čech this season.

Petr Čech has been one of the best goalkeepers for years.

Not all the Liverpool GK are shit.

Ward's good but doesn't get a game and Karius is capable of making great saves like he did against sevilla i think it was.
    001 wrote: »

Haha!

Ward's good but doesn't get a game and Karius is capable of making great saves like he did against sevilla i think it was.

Karius have actually played well when I've seen him in games, but looks like he's not Klopp's go-to goalie. Ward I can't say I've even heard of. Good goalkeeper?

Haha!

Karius have actually played well when I've seen him in games, but looks like he's not Klopp's go-to goalie. Ward I can't say I've even heard of. Good goalkeeper?

I watched Danny Ward play in the pre season friendlies and he looked good.

Haha!

He can't be that good if he can't force his way ahead of Mings and Karius. If I was him I'd hand in a transfer request as if Jurgen won't give you a game in front of two of the most inept keepers in the league then you're wasting your time being there.

Haha!

He can't be that good if he can't force his way ahead of Mings and Karius. If I was him I'd hand in a transfer request as if Jurgen won't give you a game in front of two of the most inept keepers in the league then you're wasting your time being there.

Jurgen made robertson wait until Useless moreno got injured to get a game sums it all up.
    Quite. You wonder if once he's fit Robertson will get binned and the free penalty to the opposition machine will come straight back in?
    Take it Virgil van Dijk will go straight into the starting eleven, so who'll get benched?
    Why the hell aren't they playing 1 or 2 EPL games tonight instead they are playing 6 games tomorrow at the same time?
    When are they going to get VAR in the EPL ?

The English FA are HOPELESS old farts.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    I read an article earlier about Gordon Banks. I'm paraphrasing but it was along the lines of " in the 70's Roger Hunt told me to wait because Shanks was going to come in and sign you for liverpool"

It got me thinking that kloppo should go in for him now.
    Mignolet dropped for Liverpool today...
    Mignolet dropped for Liverpool today...

Now he knows how the ball feels when he's in nets.
  • DCisared wrote: »
    I read an article earlier about Gordon Banks. I'm paraphrasing but it was along the lines of " in the 70's Roger Hunt told me to wait because Shanks was going to come in and sign you for liverpool"

It got me thinking that kloppo should go in for him now.

Safe as the Banks of England. Tremendous keeper. England would have beaten W Germany in the 1970 World Cup if Banks hadn't fallen ill. As Sir Alf said, "I had a replacement for everyone but Gordon Banks. He was irreplaceable."

Last great keeper to play for Liverpool was almost certainly Ray Clemence. They always seem to be a touch unpredictable there. The current duo of disaster aren't fit to lace Clemence's boots.

I keep hearing fans suggesting Butland as the solution, yet I keep seeing Butland conceding stacks and stacks of goals. Are Stoke that bad?
    Well 2 away games over the last few days and collected 4 out of 6 points is not a bad return really.