Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme

Comments

• edited March 2012 Posts: 2,782
    That's all I have to say

I wish were that was true. Come on man, she's fat, overweight or chubby whatever you want to call it. But the girl can sing. And she fits (just) into the American shape. A person's shape shouldn't stop her from being the right choice for a Bond song. Would you have Shirley not sing or Armstrong not sing because of their colour?

I really should have more sense that to get involved in this :-< , but sometimes one cannot help but be pulled in. This thread, it was like a nasty, belligerent, tractor beam and I simply could not pull myself away

Point is, whoever disagrees with this artist or finds faults, or to put it bluntly, thinks this Adele person is the epitome of overrated news or attention is justifiably correct, they know full well what they're on about

I don't know, I'm not fourteen years old, I can appreciate good music, I know what it is, and this avenue is not it. The kid has a face as wide as Kansas, always looks like she's sucking a watermelon, cannot sing, cakes her face in too much mascara and is the size of a house. All we'll get is a (perhaps slightly better) variation of the garbage from Die Another Day or Quantum of Solace :-L

I know I'm going to end up disappointed eventually as will some others, but as before, I hope another artist can come in and save the day. Get Cornell back, Sheryl Crow even, hell I'd even have Duran Duran again, but not this fat faced musical charlatan

Probably get a backlash now from some stone deaf sixteen year olds but that's genuinely how I feel about it. That's all I have to say

Age don't really matter does it when one hears a good tune, once the hook is there its there!!
    I don't see Adele as anthing other than a voice who can project that given voice well, and in the Bond style & the right composition do us a great number!!!? What she talks like and looks like does not matter, and as "forgotmyusername" has said Fits(?) in over the pond in the grand old USA!!?
    If she is to be involved and I believe she will, it will be more about the choice of composer who will write the song, will it be herself with Thomas Newman or others!?? I just hope that the song has what is familiar to us all and have that true Bond sound...Barry/Black style!!? >:D<
    By the way I'm late 30'S..!!! 8-X
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Luds wrote:
    So you can accept criticism, just not against someone you like then

lol - just like you can't accept praise on Brosnan !! ;) Seems like you have a contract or even a moral obligation to bash Brosnan whenever someone says something good about him.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Shardlake wrote:
    Adele greatest ever?

i said ONE of the Greatest ever.

Let's wait 10/20 years and then you'll be able to say that if she's still very remembered.

Come on DC her 2nd album has crossed over generations, she has the biggest record of the 21st Century, sold over 3.4 million records in only a year.

She will be remembered easily for the next 20 years.

However, Duffy and Joss Stone have not passed the time test though.

But Adele is different, she has the star power and talent, she can truly sing. This track has become one of my favs, she's proper judi dench.

Adele is no more of a phenomenon than Dido was and as I've pointed out where is she now? Please don't think she is hear to last because I just don't see it.

She does have a good voice granted but she is nothing more than a modern day Dusty Springfield and a second rate one at that. I wouldn't go as far as Baltimore 007 has gone but we've seen them come and go and people always get themselves in a lather thinking so and so are going to be around for ages but as someone pointed out over exposure will kill her popularity off pretty quick and her 1st album only sold well later on off the back of the huge success of the 2nd.

She also recently said that her next album would not be dark or depressing it would be cheerful, well love if their is anyway to create a flop then release an album when you are happy you'll soon see the fans head for the exit, nothing like a content artist to produce a dud album.

I give her another 4 years tops and the fickle public will have latched onto something new.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited March 2012 Posts: 1,986
    Luds wrote:
    So you can accept criticism, just not against someone you like then

lol - just like you can't accept praise on Brosnan !! ;) Seems like you have a contract or even a moral obligation to bash Brosnan whenever someone says something good about him.

Nonsense, I accept people liking him, but if I see a topic on something I find distasteful, I will certainly reply. Bt let's not tarnish this topic any further ;)
    Luds wrote:
    jackdagger wrote:
    @Luds:
    I agree that Adele is getting annoying. However I don't think it's her fault. The radio stations overplay her songs to a nauseating extent and now I can't even stand to listen to them anymore. I'd hate to feel that way about a Bond theme.
    However, she does have a great voice and I think she'd do a good job.

No question she has a very unique voice, but yes, the overplay is always an issue.

Exactly, if you had asked me about 6 months ago, I would have said she was the perfect choice. Now the overexposure is killing my enthusiasm for her for Bond. I heard her song on the radio yesterday and I couldn't even get through it. Come October of this year, it could seem evern more of a tired choice.
    I have no problems with her doing the theme, she's a good voice and hopefully we can get the theme in the soundtrack as well like the olden days :D
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Luds wrote:
    So you can accept criticism, just not against someone you like then. You "hate" people, or ppl I should say, that dislike "the real artists". Face it mate, you can't handle it. ;)

Overplayed artists will get on people's nerves, regardless of talent. In the case of Adele, it'll evidently take a bit more time than the casual pop act, she does have a sound of her own, but overexposure of anything will cause lack of interests at some point.

I don't really HATE ppl, that was just an expression, mate. lol

And Adele is a real artist, Yes. i Can handle ur opinion, i can accept it. i just don't agree with it.

And yes, she's overplayed a lot. But i never got sick of it. How many times do you hear her songs at the radio, in a day? like, 50 times or even more?
  • LudsLuds MIA
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    How many times do you hear her songs at the radio, in a day? like, 50 times or even more?

Me? Zero!

\m/
    Luds wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    How many times do you hear her songs at the radio, in a day? like, 50 times or even more?

Me? Zero!

\m/

.....turn the radio on then!!? %-(
    Luds wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Me? Zero!

\m/

Probably because you're too busy throwing darts at a picture of Pierce Brosnan :p
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Luds wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Me? Zero!

\m/

lol, i meant when you turn the radio on, how many times the radios play her song.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,899
    There are radio stations other than the 'easy listening' sort, you know. I listen to various stations on the radio all day, every day- and I can honestly say I haven't heard her music more than a dozen times ever.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Luds wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Me? Zero!

\m/

lol, i meant when you turn the radio on, how many times the radios play her song.

I understood you the first time, and my answer remains! ZERO!

I listen to Classic Rock and Metal. Classical or Jazz the odd day, no pop or elevator music. And believe me, Adele isn't heard on Metal & Rock stations ;)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    JBFan626 wrote:
    Luds wrote:
    jackdagger wrote:
    @Luds:
    I agree that Adele is getting annoying. However I don't think it's her fault. The radio stations overplay her songs to a nauseating extent and now I can't even stand to listen to them anymore. I'd hate to feel that way about a Bond theme.
    However, she does have a great voice and I think she'd do a good job.

No question she has a very unique voice, but yes, the overplay is always an issue.

Exactly, if you had asked me about 6 months ago, I would have said she was the perfect choice. Now the overexposure is killing my enthusiasm for her for Bond. I heard her song on the radio yesterday and I couldn't even get through it. Come October of this year, it could seem evern more of a tired choice.

I agree 100% with both of these posts

Adele is just doing her own thing, pushing her career like anyone of us would if we had her success!?
    And to be fair shes just had 5mts+ off with a throat infection, so shes probably got a lot to say!?? I think she has remained mute on the subject of Bond and what she said on the "Jonathan Ross " show, regarding doing a theme song etc!!?
    My moneys still on her and Thomas Newman producing a thunderous track for us all to "SkyFall" too!!!?? 8->
    Luds wrote:
    I understood you the first time, and my answer remains! ZERO!

I listen to Classic Rock and Metal. Classical or Jazz the odd day, no pop or elevator music. And believe me, Adele isn't heard on Metal & Rock stations ;)

I like rock too. i got some songs from AC DC, Kiss, many others.
    As sick as I am of hearing her on the radio all the damn time, I think Adele is the logical choice. She's definitely 'IN' right now and does indeed have a great voice.
    I can't really think of any other current, HOT bands...
    Now if we were to get a great older band, then I'd love to see Bush or Depeche Mode
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,899
    Now if we were to get a great older band, then I'd love to see Bush or Depeche Mode
    I like your style, good sir!
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    bond, period.

Fellow Agents,
    The good Major has it nailed. Caro Emerald is definitely the thinking 007's outright favourite.
    If we can't get her then I'd go for either Palamo Faith or Michael Kiwanuka - both are fabulous.
    As for Adele, she certainly has the pipes for the job but for my ear- and in the case of Faith and Emarald my eye - I prefer the aforementioned.
    Lets hope we have a great song for them to sing.
    I have a feeling "Skyfall" is going to be the best Bond movie since FRWL. Mendes is brilliant and Craig is a great actor. I predict Oscars for this one.
    Regards,
    Bentley
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Bentley wrote:
    Fellow Agents,
    The good Major has it nailed. Caro Emerald is definitely the thinking 007's outright favourite.
    If we can't get her then I'd go for either Palamo Faith or Michael Kiwanuka - both are fabulous.
    As for Adele, she certainly has the pipes for the job but for my ear- and in the case of Faith and Emarald my eye - I prefer the aforementioned.
    I have a feeling "Skyfall" is going to be the best Bond movie since FRWL. Mendes is brilliant and Craig is a great actor. I predict Oscars for this one.
    Regards,
    Bentley

I don't mind if Adele ends up doing it (as long as it's a good song). But I'd loooove if Paloma Faith got it! She's perfect for Bond.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I'm sick of Adele. How about somebody like Muse or Kings of Leon?
    Bentley wrote:
    Fellow Agents,
    Regards,
    Bentley

I really doubt it, not because Skyfall won't be good, but because the Oscars have proven over these past few years that they are out of touch. I don't care about the Oscars. If it's good enough then it could stand a chance of winning a BAFTA though.

And btw, FRWL was topped a year later by GF, which was topped by TLD and LTK ;)

Now that would be great! I'll add some other names:
    - La Roux
    - Feist
    - Lykke Li
    - Florence and The Machine
    - Kaiser Chiefs
    Sandy wrote:

- La Roux
    - Feist
    - Lykke Li
    - Kaiser Chiefs

That would be awesome. Florence wouldn't be bad either, I would say Oasis if they were still together.
    Sandy wrote:

- La Roux
    - Feist
    - Lykke Li
    - Kaiser Chiefs

That would be awesome. Florence wouldn't be bad either, I would say Oasis if they were still together.

Yes, please ;;)
    My god, what rock did you people crawl out from under? It's going to be Adele, if only because she's mainstream and presently very popular, as all Bond song musicians should be to try and bring in money, and additional viewers. Besides, I don't care what other people think of her, I like Adele.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Sandy wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

- La Roux
    - Feist
    - Lykke Li
    - Kaiser Chiefs

Yes, please ;;)

You have very good taste =D>
    My god, what rock did you people crawl out from under? It's going to be Adele, if only because she's mainstream and presently very popular, as all Bond song musicians should be to try and bring in money, and additional viewers. Besides, I don't care what other people think of her, I like Adele.

It is going to be Adele, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about who we would like to do it. And I think Adele is a good singer but I think her music is overrated and I'm sick of it being played over and over on almost every radio channel.
    All of the rock choices would be awful for a Bond theme. I'm sorry, but they would. Individually, I really - really - like their stuff, but I cannot imagine anything worse for a Bond theme than these lot. No doubt they would try and but their "mark" on it and make it "unique", but it would probably just sound like a promo track for an upcoming album - just like everything since at least TND.

I want a Bond theme, and I think that Adele could deliver that and more!