Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme

124»

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I find it interesting people here claim Adele won't be around in ten years' time while they come up with artists who, to my ear, make very dated, as in dated tot the tens', music, like Muse and that machine's girl. Those are the artists that will be forgotten.

Adele has a very unique voice, a way of putting emotion in her voice and an increadable control over her voice. Even better, she writes her own songs. She has, all in all ,the makings of a real artist. Now that still isn't a guarantee, but it's more then most others have. Moreover, she didn't say she was going to stop for 5 years, she said she was going to write for a new album, which might take up some years.

For those who still think looks are important to real artists, I'm sorry for you. And I'm also very sorry for the shallowness of your mind. But try to imagine Bob Dylan or Johnny Cash or.... at ' America's Next Top Idol' or whatever those shows are called. And listen to the music. Close your eyes and enjoy.

On a side note, I really hope Caro Emerald will becoe as popular and perhaps do Bond 24. I think she makes great music and indeed could do a ' Nancy'.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 12,837
    I think Adele is overrated and I don't want her to do the theme. I want Noel Gallagher.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... SkyFall's song will be sung by Adele, and its all but done i'd suspect! With Thomas Newman and Adele over seeing it all, with maybe a outside producer as well!! Its a done deal, and has been for a while now!! :-B
    I would not be surprised given how far back Adele didn't say "no" on the Jonathan Ross Show several months ago. I too would say that it's all but confirmed, especially hearing Barbara Broccolli and her 'watch this space'.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Michael Bublé, you will have your chance one day! :-<
    La Roux would be good for a Bond theme!!!!!!!!!!!! ID LOVE THAT, but it will only happen if she gets more popular... :(
    HOLD THE PHONE>>>

ALSO MUSE (how could I forget)
    Fellow Agents,
    It is vital that we send a coded message to Brocolli about Emerald.
    I've been listening to her album and she is smoking!
    Mind you, I might change my mind next month whe Palamo releases her new Record!
    As for Adele - great singer but she needs a rest.
    As for Duffy - she could have been a contender but after her second album, she needs a long rest!
    Let's all pull for Caro Emerald - figuratively speaking - and get Daniel Craig to push for her. I think he has more than a little influence over these things.
    We want Caro! We want Caro!
    Regards,
    Bentley
    my tip.........(or wish!)

Michael buble or Adele to sing "Mr kiss kiss bang bang" as was sung by Shirley Bassey but it was never used...(check the john barry CD The EMI years to hear it)....if ever a song was about the man himself, this is it, and we havent had that for a long time,,,,,, given this is year 50, what better time i wonder to pay musical homage to 007 too........

Either of these singers would give it great justice and a modern refresh to it
    Alexi Murdoch should do it.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    darrenr wrote:
    my tip.........(or wish!)

Michael buble or Adele to sing "Mr kiss kiss bang bang" as was sung by Shirley Bassey but it was never used...(check the john barry CD The EMI years to hear it)....if ever a song was about the man himself, this is it, and we havent had that for a long time,,,,,, given this is year 50, what better time i wonder to pay musical homage to 007 too........

Either of these singers would give it great justice and a modern refresh to it

I don't know this song but I want to hear Shirley sing it! And maybe Adele, too. I now have a new cd to buy. Thanks!
    If you don't know this song. 4EverBonded, then sample it here....

I would love for Adele to do it, but Florence and The Machine would be great too.
    SPECTRA wrote:
    I would love for Adele to do it, but Florence and The Machine would be great too.

Florence would be quite cool but they won't do it. I really hoped in the 90s they would ask Portishead, who were massive John Barry fans, but it never happened.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Duo be Warrick's version of MKKBB is better than Bassey's IMO. However, the song won't be re-recorded to be used as a Bobd theme.
    I hope we get something that doesn't sound like a funeral dirge...I'm not an Adele fan.
  • RC7RC7
    00Stev0 wrote:
    I hope we get something that doesn't sound like a funeral dirge...I'm not an Adele fan.

Me too. Holding out for 1D.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 12,837
    00Stev0 wrote:

This. She's talented but all her songs are so depressing (and half the time it's just her bitching about her ex). SF is the best song I've heard from her and it did fit the film well but I still didn't think it was great and I hope she doesn't return.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I actually think and I'm not an Adele fan by a long stretch but Skyfall wasn't one of her finest moments, it's great on the credits but without it, it's pretty nondescript. She's done much better before, SF was a bit of a letdown.

It's been ages since a title tune can stand on it's own without the film, that Barry touch is seriously lacking.

Just don't let it be bloody Muse.