Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme

edited March 2012 in News Posts: 3,273
Something which is getting very predictable....

Adele has been named the fans’ favourite choice to record the new James Bond theme tune.

The songstress has come out on top in an online poll to sing the song for Skyfall, the upcoming 23rd instalment of the spy series, by 5,000 readers for entertainment website IGN.com, beating Muse, who came in second and Foo Fighters who came third.

http://www.filmnav.co.uk/2012/03/11/ade ... ond-theme/

Comments

• just as long as the movie is good I'll be happy.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    I'll be happy with Muse too
    Adele i think would be ideal for this movie! I sincerely hope she gets it!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    People outside the UK don't really know who Muse is.

Everyone knows who Adele is.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Adele is annoying as hell, but it could be much worse, so I'm not against it, as others have pointed out, she'll attract some viewers.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited March 2012 Posts: 2,635
    Luds wrote:
    Adele is annoying as hell

i stopped reading right there... If she were so annoying, her songs wouldn't make success. The real annoying artists are the ones that everyone like instead of hate... Justin Bieber is an example. ¬¬' He is the one that should be hated, not Adele, the real artist out there. Her voice is amazing, i hope she'll turn into a legend like MJ.

And i'm not UK, but i know Muse, it's a great band.
    I think that Adele have great voice for a perfect Bond theme.
    For example just imagine any of the Bond themes sung by Adele.For example DAF cover by Adele would be perfect.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Exactly, @dragonsky. Adele is our actual Shirley Bassey. If she makes the Bond theme, Bond will grow a lot, in a speed that we can't preview. Her voice FITS in a Bond movie.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    echo wrote:

Muse has a good following here stateside.

• media land (popbitch) rumors are this

Adel
    Florence and the thingy machine
    Michael Kiwanuka is now the fav.

I'm really happy with all of these if the rumors are correct and Michael sounds fantastic.

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited March 2012 Posts: 4,399
    media land (popbitch) rumors are this

Adel
    Florence and the thingy machine
    Michael Kiwanuka is now the fav.

I'm really happy with all of these if the rumors are correct and Michael sounds fantastic.

i've heard all 3 of them.... and i would be happy with any of those choices - all talented singers.

Its Adele. She's the only one we've proven has been contacted. She can produce. She said she was going on hiatus for 5 years, and then in a few days changed her mind. I'm sure Eon contacted her about their hopes for the theme charting!
    And if she wasn't, they have probably announced who really is, avoiding a disappoinment.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Luds wrote:
    Adele is annoying as hell

i stopped reading right there...
    Nice to see people not being able to handle other opinion than their own...

@Luds:
    I agree that Adele is getting annoying. However I don't think it's her fault. The radio stations overplay her songs to a nauseating extent and now I can't even stand to listen to them anymore. I'd hate to feel that way about a Bond theme.
    However, she does have a great voice and I think she'd do a good job.
  • tqbtqb
    i have never heard Michael Kiwwanuka before, he sounds really good actually
  • Muse and Foo Fighters?! Could easily tell it's an IGN survey.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 9,737
    I really don't like Adele

that said no one here likes yes. but I don't complain that no one here likes yes I just say that is fine.

I also Like Rush, Muse and Paul McCartney and think any of them would do a brilliant job but that is me
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Its Adele. She's the only one we've proven has been contacted. She can produce. She said she was going on hiatus for 5 years, and then in a few days changed her mind. I'm sure Eon contacted her about their hopes for the theme charting!

I think so too. She has come off of major wins at Music Awards recently and her popularity is at an all time high. So, popular, talented, and proven to succeed. The perfect person for EON to pick if they want people to go out and see this film.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    If EON do in fact listen to the fans, then Adele's got the gig.
    HASEROT wrote:
    echo wrote:
    Muse has a good following here stateside.
    Muse are pretty big here in Australia, too.
    Adele would be favorite with her latest success but what has happened to duffy?
    She hasn't released any new songs for a while and she was favoured to sing the last bond movie song?
    And duffy is sexier than adele in my opinion and a great voice.
    I like Adele, however I still prefere Bublé
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,882
    I like Adele, but I would rather hear Caro Emerald sing the title track.

She may not be popular like Adele, but i'd really like to hear Caro Emerald's voice over the titles.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 501
    deleted
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    0iker0 wrote:
    I like Adele, however I still prefere Bublé

Me as well. We can dream though, can't we? :)
  • i'dreally like to hear Caro Emerald's voie over the titles.

phew, i'm glad you spelt titles correctly, I had to have a double take.

She has good voice but Adele has so much soul in hers. Either way I just want a top notch song that we haven't had since a AVTAK.

I like Adele, but I would rather hear Caro Emerald sing the title track.

She may not be popular like Adele, but i'dreally like to hear Caro Emerald's voie over the titles.

Great choice Major! First time i heard the other woman? I was having visions in my head of YOLT! If Adele does not get the gig? Would happily have Caro Emerald in her place! :-bd
  • Please not the Foo Fighters
  • LudsLuds MIA
    jackdagger wrote:
    @Luds:
    I agree that Adele is getting annoying. However I don't think it's her fault. The radio stations overplay her songs to a nauseating extent and now I can't even stand to listen to them anymore. I'd hate to feel that way about a Bond theme.
    However, she does have a great voice and I think she'd do a good job.

No question she has a very unique voice, but yes, the overplay is always an issue.