Bond film ranking tournament. Final results

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    FRWL vs MR: FRWL

Despite my love for MR, I concede that FRWL is one of the very best (Bond) films ever made.

OHMSS vs QOS: OHMSS

QOS is a decent film but OHMSS is superb.
  • Alright guys I know a lot of you actually really like QoS for some reason but if just one of you picks it over OHMSS then you'll kill my faith in humanity completely and it might even drive me to suicide. My life is in your hands.

But yeah, OHMSS and FRWL, no contest.
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    I love MR, but FRWL is a plain better film and a plain better Bond film. Prime Connery.

And I'm probably less sympathetic to OHMSS than most here but it utterly crushes QoS. Some good ol' 60's magic stomps all over shitty editing and a writer's strike. In retrospect, QoS didn't do too badly with what it had, but "not too badly" doesn't compare to one of the series' finest.
  • BennyBenny keeping tabs on youAdministrator, Moderator
    Yet another no brainer.

FRWL

OHMSS
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Round 4:

FRWL VS MR. Since this is going to be a massacre I'll cast a sympathy vote for the first Bond film I ever saw in the cinema as a child.

and

OHMSS VS QOS. Not even close.
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 832
    FRWL #1 on my list vs MR #23

OHMSS #3 vs QOS #22
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    FRWL is my favourite Bond film of all time and OHMSS is my third favourite of all time. So easy wins for them.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    FRWL obviously because it’s awesome

QOS obviously.... because it’s awesome
    ( I do love ohmss though)
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    edited December 2017 Posts: 3,330
    MR and FRWL both in my top 5, but MR is still my overall top.

OHMSS easily over QoS. Enjoying QoS more these days, but OHMSS is still a solid 10-15 ranks ahead.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    FRWL and OHMSS win this round, but I do enjoy the other two. They just happened to go up against two juggernauts.
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    Alright guys I know a lot of you actually really like QoS for some reason but if just one of you picks it over OHMSS then you'll kill my faith in humanity completely and it might even drive me to suicide. My life is in your hands.

Ahem...

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    jobo wrote: »
    FRWL and OHMSS

This. 100%
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Not even worth bothering with this one.

Given I haven't been sectioned recently you can work out for yourselves which way I'm voting.
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    My picks:

OHMSS and FRWL

Moonraker is a great movie and hard to compare to FRWL.
    QoS...well...let's leave it at that.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Given I haven't been sectioned recently you can work out for yourselves which way I'm voting.

Sure thing.

No worries. We will register your vote for MR and QOS.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    jobo wrote: »

No worries. We will register your vote for MR and QOS.

Feel free. It's such a landslide it will make bugger all difference.
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 12,833
    Alright guys I know a lot of you actually really like QoS for some reason but if just one of you picks it over OHMSS then you'll kill my faith in humanity completely and it might even drive me to suicide. My life is in your hands.

Ahem...

ElectricGloriousAmericanredsquirrel-max-1mb.gif
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    RIP
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Shame about @thelivingroyale

FRWL

and

OHMSS
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Ahem...

ElectricGloriousAmericanredsquirrel-max-1mb.gif

anigif_673eb78a9f84a5460c7893f2f019c83b-0.gif?downsize=715:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    FoxRox wrote: »
    TB was my first Bond film so it will always hold a special place in my heart. It’s constantly Top 15 and a potential Top 10 contender on my list.

An excellent one to start the series with!
  • Qos over ohmss is an outrage but anyone choosing mr over frwl might as well be choosing dad over frwl, an absolute atrocity
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    Qos over ohmss is an outrage but anyone choosing mr over frwl might as well be choosing dad over frwl, an absolute atrocity

I would do that.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Qos over ohmss is an outrage but anyone choosing mr over frwl might as well be choosing dad over frwl, an absolute atrocity

I would do that.

What???- why?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

I would do that.

What???- why?

DAD is #3 in my most recent rankings. I enjoy the ridiculous, fun ride.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    edited December 2017 Posts: 3,330
    The only thing I find shocking is that with all the ranking, elimination, preference games we have on here people are still shocked themselves when someone has an opinion different than theirs.

There will never be anything that has a full consensus, nor would we want that. Conversation would sure get stale quickly!

I can totally understand how @BMW_with_missiles would choose DAD over FRWL. And I also completely get how the vast majority would feel the other way. But having conversations and dialogue with the other viewpoint is part of the fun.
  • I don't understand choosing an absurdity like dad over a masterpiece like frwl, and don't want to. sorry but in my mind there is a limit to legitimate opinions.
    I don't understand choosing an absurdity like dad over a masterpiece like frwl, and don't want to. sorry but in my mind there is a limit to legitimate opinions.

I definitely can't understand picking DAD or MR over FRWL. I guess personal preference can be quite different sometimes. All these rounds have been pretty easy for me to pick; I hope it becomes more difficult soon.

I would do that.

What???- why?

DAD is #3 in my most recent rankings. I enjoy the ridiculous, fun ride.

I'd seriously like to see your whole ranking.