James Bond Diecast Cars (All Brands).

Comments

RogueAgent wrote: »
    This "Bond in Motion" car collection is a rehash of the James Bond 007 car collection Eaglemoss did a number of years ago. Are they trying to impersonate Corgi by selling us the same product but with a new front cover on the magazine? I will pick and choose which one I purchase as I already have all the models shown with the acception of the AM DB10!
    What different manufacturers are making these sort of collections these days?
    This "Bond in Motion" car collection is a rehash of the James Bond 007 car collection Eaglemoss did a number of years ago. Are they trying to impersonate Corgi by selling us the same product but with a new front cover on the magazine? I will pick and choose which one I purchase as I already have all the models shown with the acception of the AM DB10!

Their was only the Eaglemoss collection as far as I am aware that are set out like this. I have the entire collection so will pick and choose what I purchase? As literally 99% of the models I have seen so far? I already have as they are exactly the same pretty much!
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    Just had the email from Eaglemoss about this. Says it's 50 issues. Price seems to be £12.99 per issue. I subscribed to the original collection so there is no point in getting them again. However I will look out for any new models.
    PS if issue one is the DB10 that's quite handy as I can just buy that in the newsagents!

Their was only the Eaglemoss collection as far as I am aware that are set out like this. I have the entire collection so will pick and choose what I purchase? As literally 99% of the models I have seen so far? I already have as they are exactly the same pretty much!

Interesting; thanks for the information! Been thinking of getting a DB5 car model, but have only scratched the surface of what's available. Maybe one of those Airfix model kits could be a fun thing to have too.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Maybe one of those Airfix model kits could be a fun thing to have too.

I got the Airfix Aston Martin kit...gosh, must be about 20 years ago now. I made a pretty big mess of making it, but, like you, I like to get things out of boxes and play with them.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Maybe one of those Airfix model kits could be a fun thing to have too.

I got the Airfix Aston Martin kit...gosh, must be about 20 years ago now. I made a pretty big mess of making it, but, like you, I like to get things out of boxes and play with them.

Play, I don't know, but I have this neat 60's bar cabinet where a DB5 model car would be a fun interior piece to place on top. It just wouldn't look so nice with some unopened packaging on top of that bar cabinet. Looks like other alternatives are toy cars with 'Press Button Action' and all sorts of (unnecessary) features – or model cars with a black plastic stand. Would be nice with a model car that's just the car.
    Chevron wrote: »
    PS if issue one is the DB10 that's quite handy as I can just buy that in the newsagents!

Is it out now?
    I have this neat 60's bar cabinet

I am officially jealous now. That's the kind of aesthetic I want in my life.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 17,241
    I have this neat 60's bar cabinet

I am officially jealous now. That's the kind of aesthetic I want in my life.

I love it. Wish I had more period furniture, but this is about it. Could do with a diecast DB5 model car on top of it. Just need to find the right one!

Is it out now?

I couldn’t find it in my local newsagents. And I can’t find a release date for it. I’m assuming it’s coming out soon.

Is it out now?

I couldn’t find it in my local newsagents. And I can’t find a release date for it. I’m assuming it’s coming out soon.

Spoke to the staff in my local WH Smith, they told me it is this coming Thursday apparently?
    edited October 2017 Posts: 3,099
    Hopefully part 1 will be cheap as an introductory offer, for everyone who wants to grab a DB10!

Back in June I was lucky enough to have a trip to France coincide with the first issue appearing there, and couldn't resist:

227590_600.jpg

I had to carry the whole lot around with me on a motorcycle for over a week. I got teased to death about it.

From perusing the text I also learned the French for 'hovercraft', because Bond is always educational.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 5,772
    Must have been a trial run, because I haven't seen it in any of the newsagents I use to frequent, nor have I seen any commercial on TV about it. Still, what is the next model ?

EDIT : Found the french site, and the next model is Goldfinger's Rolls Royce Phantom III. Well, at least, they're starting with some of the models that were never published in France (number 3 is the DB5 from SF.

eaglemoss.com/fr-fr/maquettes/james-bond-voitures-et-vhicules-de-lgende-1/
    From perusing the text I also learned the French for 'hovercraft', because Bond is always educational.

For those who want to know, it's "Aéroglisseur".
    Hopefully part 1 will be cheap as an introductory offer, for everyone who wants to grab a DB10!

Back in June I was lucky enough to have a trip to France coincide with the first issue appearing there, and couldn't resist:

227590_600.jpg

I had to carry the whole lot around with me on a motorcycle for over a week. I got teased to death about it.

That is my plan with regards to the DB10! I would like to see a list of the 50 models they plan on doing for this collection?
    Is this new collection only available to order through Eaglemoss? No sign of it anywhere in any of the local newsagents? Even WHSmith told me they haven't even got it on their system?
    I don’t think it’s out yet. They send out a hero collector email every week with a calender of their new releases and no mention of it that I can see.
    I don’t think it’s out yet. They send out a hero collector email every week with a calender of their new releases and no mention of it that I can see.

I am wondering if it is mail order only directly from the supplier? Have had a look and you cannot purchase the DB10 on it's own? You only get it as a set of three? Refuse to do that as I already have the entire collection from it's first release. Talk about making things hard for people.
    I got a new toy!

228721_600.jpg

It has a slightly cheap feel, but the details are nice and the pullback action lets me have fun crashing it into the furniture.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Can someone explain to me the logic (and I use the term exceedingly loosely) behind Corgi's marketing strategy?

For the 50th nothing (well apart from the usual copy and paste DB5 reissue in a new box).

For SP nothing.

SP DB10 released about 12 months after the film.

And now two random models released out of the blue which are hardly the most iconic (how about Little Nellie or the Lotus first?) and coincide with the 44th and 31st anniversaries of their films?
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    =bg= wrote: »
    broken links

Working OK here! Try clicking through from the 'New for 2018' page: https://www.corgi.co.uk/shop/new-for-2018.html

Corgi's James Bond page (the TLD/TMWTGG preorders aren't on it yet): https://www.corgi.co.uk/shop/tv-and-film-favourites-1/james-bond.html
    404 PAGE NOT FOUND
    We are sorry, but the page you are looking for cannot be found.
    If you typed the URL directly, please make sure the spelling is correct.
    If you clicked on a link to get here, we must have moved the content.
    Please try our store search box above to search for an item.
    If you are not sure how you got here, go back to the previous page or return to our store homepage.

I've seen them it good they come back I be getting the V8 Vantage Volante which driven by Timothy Dalton who debut as James Bond in the Living Daylights & AMC Hornet for myself.
    I already have a Corgi Volante - a gift from a kind friend years ago - but have preordered this one for another friend's upcoming birthday.
    well, if someone can post the images that would be great, as here in the USA they still show as broken links.
    And now two random models released out of the blue which are hardly the most iconic (how about Little Nellie or the Lotus first?) and coincide with the 44th and 31st anniversaries of their films?

They actually did re-release Little Nellie for the 50th anniversary and the Lotus sub for the 40th anniversary...

https://www.corgi.co.uk/shop/tv-and-film-favourites-1/james-bond.html
    I can see them now, I was signed into USA so it wouldn't go to UK.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

They actually did re-release Little Nellie for the 50th anniversary and the Lotus sub for the 40th anniversary...

https://www.corgi.co.uk/shop/tv-and-film-favourites-1/james-bond.html

50th anniversary of YOLT perhaps.

I'm talking about their supine approach in 2012 when all they could be arsed to offer was the DB5 in SF packaging.