Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    bondjames wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Not sure how I feel about this. I'm still disgusted by Sony's epic mismanagement of this franchise. Since I'm a huge film buff I'll probably go watch it in the theatre, but my enthusiasm is distinctly muted. Rooney was robbed.

My interest sadly doesn't even go that far. I'll likely give it a viewing once it hits bluray, but I won't rush to see it. No Fincher/Craig/Mara kills it for me.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

1st trailer for the action/comedy* Just Getting Started, with Morgan Freeman and Tommy Lee Jones:

*More comedy than action, now that I've watched the trailer.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

New trailer for Chasing the Dragon, with Donnie Yen and Andy Lau:

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

New trailer for Chasing the Dragon, with Donnie Yen and Andy Lau:

Oh Yes!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited September 2017 Posts: 15,423
    @DaltonCraig007: You know what am I going through right now? :O

Donnie Yen, the new Chinese martial arts god!
    @ClarkDevlin Donnie Yen is 54 years old. How?!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited September 2017 Posts: 11,139
    tombraiderheader.jpg

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited September 2017 Posts: 15,423
    @ClarkDevlin Donnie Yen is 54 years old. How?!
    Some madafakaz just don't grow old. They get even stronger with age! :D
    DKBL2H-WAAAMGAw.jpg:large
    doubleoego wrote: »
    tombraiderheader.jpg

Will be interested to see the trailer tomorrow?
    Trailers inbound this week: another trailer for Ferdinand, Murder on the Orient Express and Geostorm, and the first trailer for Wes Anderson's Isle of Dogs.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin

1st look at Hugh Jackman in the true-story political thriller The Front Runner directed by Jason Reitman.

The story follows Gary Hart (Hugh Jackman), a Democratic politician who was considered the frontrunner for the 1988 presidential race when his campaign was rocked by allegations of an extramarital affair with actress Donna Rice, prompting the senator to drop out of the race.

The film will also feature Vera Farmiga and J.K. Simmons.

DKCVJ_3VYAA0s1D.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I'm excited for The Front Runner. I'm a bit of a US political junkie and know the story of Hart. He was from an era where politicians resigned after being caught with their pants down, so to speak. Something which disappeared after Slick Willy's entrance into national politics.
    @bondjames And you are a bit of a Vera Farmiga junkie too. ;) Can't wait to see her in The Commuter too.
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Yes, I forgot to mention her @DaltonCraig007. I'm glad she's showing up in a few films these days and I hope they are meatier roles. Sometimes she just has bit parts in films (eg. Souce Code, Safe House) which is a waste of her talents.

I'll never forget the first time I saw her, which was in the Ed Burns/De Niro starring film 15 Minutes. She definitely caught my attention.
    A new trailer for 'Breathe':

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin

The 2 main actors of the South Korean crime action/thrillers The Chaser and The Yellow Sea are set to be reunited again in 1987.

Taking place in 1987, the film is based on actual events surrounding the death of student activist Park Jong-chul, who died as a result of being waterboarded while being detained and questioned by policemen about the whereabouts of a radical leader. The police seek to suppress the incident, but students and other groups strive to reveal the truth.

The film will be directed by the guy who did Hwayi: A Monster Boy in 2013 (that I reviewed in my Asian cinema marathon a couple of years ago).

Here is the badass cast in question:

Kim Yun-Seok
    The_Chaser.jpg

Ha Jung-woo
    theterrorlive-3.jpg

Kang Dong-won
    0001-03-front_1.jpg

Yoo Hae-jin
    5cf50481f792459d832fe917a4eb8997.jpg

Yeo Jin-goo
    Hwayi-a-monster-boy-6.jpg
  • http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3460132/linda-hamilton-back-sarah-connor-terminator-6/

linda.jpg?resize=1024%2C689

WOW, just as surprised as I was to hear about Jamie Lee Curtis returning to Halloween as a direct sequel to part 2, now Linda Hamilton is doing the EXACT same thing!!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3460132/linda-hamilton-back-sarah-connor-terminator-6/

linda.jpg?resize=1024%2C689

WOW, just as surprised as I was to hear about Jamie Lee Curtis returning to Halloween as a direct sequel to part 2, now Linda Hamilton is doing the EXACT same thing!!

Not sure this is a good idea, I can only guess they will do what many franchises have done and say only the first two Terminator films are canon or something to that effect.
  • If this news had come without the fact that Jim Cameron was coming back as well, I'd be skeptical, but this has potential.
    Between her & Jamie Lee Curtis, my god can you imagine if we got Sigourney back as Ripley too???
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,394
    If this news had come without the fact that Jim Cameron was coming back as well, I'd be skeptical, but this has potential.
    Between her & Jamie Lee Curtis, my god can you imagine if we got Sigourney back as Ripley too???

Just Googled some recent pictures of Linda she has aged well to be fair, Cameron advocating Genesys was all show he just wanted to keep Terminator relevant until he got it back.

Just read Tim Miller is directing now that's interesting, I had no idea potential indeed.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Tomb Raider official trailer.
    Murdock wrote: »

Being a hardcore Tomb Raider game player since the very first game I think I'll have to reserve judgement until I have seen the film, the trailer was ok at best, though I am having second thoughts on whether Vikander is good for the role of Lara.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California

Well that looks incredibly bland.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It looks as boring as the first.
    Not sure this is a good idea, I can only guess they will do what many franchises have done and say only the first two Terminator films are canon or something to that effect.
    I'm actually glad the next one will be a direct sequel to 2. Yes, 3 made almost as much money as 2, but I can't even remember the whole story to 3, which I felt wasn't nearly as strong as 2. I haven't even seen T "Salvation" and "Genisys".
    Yes, that trailer does look a bit bland. I don't know anything about the game so can't comment.

What's disappointing is that apart from Vikander (who is very easy on the eyes) there is nobody else in that trailer who is remotely memorable.
    Doesn't seem to be shaking up the video game adaptation genre, that's for damn sure. May see it at some point, but it's looking quite generic.

Really not too sure about this one? Guess we will have to wait and see? Always good to see Nick Frost! Did not realise he was in this movie!