Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    With that downsize movie i have feeling we get fiinaly The Truman show sequel.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Full trailer for Downsizing with Matt Damon and Christoph Waltz:

I'm looking forward to this one. Damon really is a watchable actor. He's got that extra something which allows him to shine in interesting roles which also appeal to a larger audience. Endearing.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Fatt Damon.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Fatt Damon.
    That's some Doctor level genius. ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2017 Posts: 15,690
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Along with his previous collaborations with Jaume Collet-Serra, The Commuter looks like it might be one of Neesons better action thrillers.
    I'm hooked. January can't come soon enough! Neeson and Farmiga can't mess up as far as I'm concerned. Love the poster too.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

Liam Neeson has officially announced his retirement from action films. The Commuter and Hard Powder will be his final 2 films in the action genre, before turning to more 'serious roles'.
    This is a very sad day @DaltonCraig007. I will surely enjoy these next two entries even more knowing this.

Soon we will get the tragic news that 'The Cruise' and Washington are following a similar trajectory I'm sure.

No successors in sight either.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

2nd trailer for Only The Brave, with Jeff Bridges, Josh Brolin, Miles Teller:

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Liam Neeson has officially announced his retirement from action films. The Commuter and Hard Powder will be his final 2 films in the action genre, before turning to more 'serious roles'.

Oh that's a shame. Given how he turned to action thrillers late in his career, he had a good run. And we still have two final action thrillers from him.

Oh that's a shame. Given how he turned to action thrillers late in his career, he had a good run. And we still have two final action thrillers from him.
    Yeah, it appears he had his ten year run of action films, now he's going back to his roots.

Yeah, it appears he had his ten year run of action films, now he's going back to his roots.

If i'm honest, I can't say I was that interested in his career before Taken. Of all the films I have seen of his, most have been his action thrillers.

If i'm honest, I can't say I was that interested in his career before Taken. Of all the films I have seen of his, most have been his action thrillers.
    I'm with you, there, Major. Outside Schindler's List, I can't truly think of a film in his pre-Taken career that I would know or name off-hand, let alone have watched it. Well, maybe The Haunting, but that was a dreadful film.
    My favorite pre-Taken movie with Liam Neeson is the submarine flick K-19: The Widowmaker, where he was the co-lead alongside Harrison Ford.
    You bring up a good question, who is going to fill the gap in the ageing badass genre now? If there are any ageing serious actors who fancy reinventing themselves as credible action stars, please make yourselves known.
    @MajorDSmythe Is Timothy Dalton too old to make a comeback? ;)
    edited September 2017 Posts: 15,423
    I'd love to see Pierce Brosnan go full-on Liam Neeson. He did too many romcoms, starred in B-Movies in supporting roles, it's time to take the lead and make some proper serious Grade A action films.
    Jason Statham turned 50 years old this summer, so he's entered the older action star status now.
    @MajorDSmythe Is Timothy Dalton too old to make a comeback? ;)

Comeback... comeback? He never left, he has been patiently waiting in the 1st floor flat of a building in Vienna
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    First look at Gregory Beam David Harbour as Hellboy:

$

And here's the official logo:

$
    You bring up a good question, who is going to fill the gap in the ageing badass genre now? If there are any ageing serious actors who fancy reinventing themselves as credible action stars, please make yourselves known.
    Craig will be ready for this job shortly, if he's not already there.
    If Reiner can get the same kind of performances out of his cast as he did in A Few Good Men, this could be a killer film.
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,883
    This looks good. Netflix film based on a Stephen King novel starring Carla Gugino (she still looks great) and Bruce Greenwood.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

1st full trailer for Jackie Chan's post-'The Foreigner' mission, the sci-fi flick Bleeding Steel, to be released this December in China:

I need this yesterday!
  • WOW. I didn't want to like the new Hellboy,
    but....

DJoO94uUMAAzvNJ.jpg:large
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

September 14, 2017 - September 14, 2018

We are now exactly 1 year away from The Equalizer 2 with Denzel Washington. Time for you, @bondjames, to watch the first 'Equalizer'. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    New Hellboy looks great. Even the logo is true to the comics.