CLOSED

Comments

Bloody hell. Horrible
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 1,009
    Just in: The cops have gunned down one of the terrorists in the nearby town of Sant Just Desvern.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @bigladiesman, hence my statement of numerous reports coming from countless different places and sources, so there's no way to tell what was or wasn't concrete.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 170
    Moroccan with Spanish passport.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    There is mayhem somewhere every single day. Sickening.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    Just in: The police has gunned down one of the terrorists in the nearby town of Sant Just Desvern.

Hopefully this is true.

Meanwhile the broadbrushing of the motives of people who are against terrorist actions (and from my own perspective I mean all terrorists) continues. It is always easiest to coral people into that neat little box upon which is hung the sign 'all people who are against Islamic terrorism are against all Islamic people'. A feeble and simplistic approach to the matter which nonetheless serves its purpose for those who have little to offer in terms of adult debate.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just seen the story on Sky News 13 reported dead
    Thoughts and prayers to all those affected by the cowardly, horrific terrorist attack in Barcelona this afternoon.

We stand with you.
    Absolutely terrible. It feels like it gets worse every year around the world - more and more terrorist attacks. Makes me sick and sad.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Absolutely terrible. It feels like it gets worse every year around the world - more and more terrorist attacks. Makes me sick and sad.

Makes me fucking angry,pardon my French.
    I'm okay by the way. No injuries here.
    barryt007 wrote: »

It makes me angry too. I hate reading about something like this almost every week.

It makes me angry too. I hate reading about something like this almost every week.

Then we get the 'we are with you' and all the announcements from Presidents and PM's,TV coverage for a week,front page news,the solidarity comments,and then.............................nothing...until the next time and the whole process starts again....its pathetic.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Then we get the 'we are with you' and all the announcements from Presidents and PM's,TV coverage for a week,front page news,the solidarity comments,and then.............................nothing...until the next time and the whole process starts again....its pathetic.

It's an endless cycle, for sure. I'm sure your assessment will be the exact same in this case, as well.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 1,009
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    There are countless different reports so it's hard to tell what's true and what's not, but apparently someone has opened fire on police in a second attack. Not sure if that involves the gunmen that entered the restaurant or not.

Not exactly.

A reckless driver in a van has tried to run over a policeman to avoid a control to find the attackers, but he was unrelated to the terrorists. It happened about 5 Km. away from Les Rambles.
    Fortunately the policewoman has only sustained a foot injury.

On the other hand, the police are on negotiations with two terrorists that have barricaded themselves in a restaurant with two hostages.

There hasn't been a second attack at the moment.

Just to fix something. They've just said on the telly that the injured officer is actually a female.
    Also, it seems the reckless driver happened to be a small-time crook who thought the control was meant to get him (or her). Mistaken for one of the terrorists, he has been gunned down while trying to escape.
    I'm okay by the way. No injuries here.

I'm glad to hear that Gustav.
    Everybody ready for the solidarity platitudes?
    I'm not even watching the news anymore,i could write the next few days myself.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 11,119
    The_Donald wrote: »
    @Gustav_Graves Don't try and make this appalling massacre about you.

WTF. My parents were here until yesterday. So were my aunt and uncle. My whatsapp and Facebook chat have been glowing red all day since 5:30 PM. So people are worried, really worried. And as a matter of fact, some friends in here as well. Hence I thought it would be good to say that I'm okay.

And then...then YOU have the guts to say that I make this terrorist attack about...ME? Man, you really need to change your nickname dude! And you need to apologize.
    "Enough is enough" said May back in June. Nothing has changed. Nothing
    patb wrote: »
    "Enough is enough" said May back in June. Nothing has changed. Nothing

And nothing will. In cases such as this the perpetrators are the victims and the victims are the perpetrators.
  • RC7RC7
    @Gustav_Graves Don't try and make this appalling massacre about you.

WTF. My parents were here until yesterday. So were my aunt and uncle. My whatsapp and Facebook chat have been glowing red all day since 5:30 PM. So people are worried, really worried. And as a matter of fact, some friends in here as well. Hence I thought it would be good to say that I'm okay.

And then...then YOU have the guts to say that I make this terrorist attack about...ME? Man, you really need to change your nickname dude! And you need to apologize.

Yeah, bit fucking harsh @The_Donald. You're out of order.
    Edited my comment to delete that part. I should have PM'd my dislike of that comment, which I still don't like. You shouldn't volunteer that info as if to say 'why the hell has no one enquired after me'. PM if you want to disagree @Gustav_Graves
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    'Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and the families...blah blah...we mustn't let the extremists divide us...blah blah...we stand together in the face of those who seek to harm us and destroy our way of life...blah blah...pay tribute to the professionalism and bravery of the police and the emergency services...religion of peace...democratic values...blah blah...fanatics who follow a warped and perverted version of Islam...peace loving majority...blah fucking blah'

Our feckless leaders just keep wheeling out the same old schtick.
  • RC7RC7
    Edited my comment to delete that part. I should have PM'd my dislike of that comment, which I still don't like. You shouldn't volunteer that info as if to say 'why the hell has no one enquired after me'. PM if you want to disagree @Gustav_Graves

Regulars know he's a Barca resident. You joined less than a month ago, so a bit rich dishing out slights against people.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    @The Donald there is an old saying which goes like this When you're in a hole stop digging .
    RC7 wrote: »

Regulars know he's a Barca resident. You joined less than a month ago, so a bit rich dishing out slights against people.

The comment didn't sit well with me. Not insulting anybody.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RC7 wrote: »

Yep even a callous bastard like me stopped for a second and thought 'Gustav is from Barca isn't he?'
    'Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and the families...blah blah...we mustn't let the extremists divide us...blah blah...we stand together in the face of those who seek to harm us and destroy our way of life...blah blah...pay tribute to the professionalism and bravery of the police and the emergency services...religion of peace...democratic values...blah blah...fanatics who follow a warped and perverted version of Islam...peace loving majority...blah fucking blah'

Our feckless leaders just keep wheeling out the same old schtick.

I wont lie here,i saw the situation on SKY News,shrugged,and turned over to something else.
    We know the procedure now what will happen,everyone talks bollocks,minutes silence at certain football matches,and then its onto the next time.

And Spain issuing a national 3 days of mourning is playing straight into these B.O smelly,scruffy,thick individuals plans.

They must be loving this,just how weak the West,particularly Europe,really are...

The next round of 'Human Skittles' with a lorry/bus or truck should be October I would think.
    Lets leave it to PM's if necessary. I had already assumed he lived there when I made my comment.
This discussion has been closed.