CLOSED

Comments

• edited July 2017 Posts: 4,600
    The photos from the CCTV are in connection with the first alleged rape, not the second one.

Just a perfect example of confirmation bias re reading what you want to read rather than the facts, nowhere in the quoted article does it discuss the ethic background of the second alleged rapist. People see (not read) an article about 2 rapes, they see two photos of Asian men and, rather read the article, they assume the photos are of each rapist.

UK girl raped twice.

Any news on what race these animals are?

Both Asian.

Suddenly they are "both Asian"

But why let that get in the way of the agenda.

"The man in the vehicle is described as thick-set, about 5ft 6ins tall, with large biceps."

Thats all it says re the second alleged rapist. They must have forgetten to mention that he was Asian?

As I mention, we need clarity of thought and, at the very least, the ability to read a newsaper article.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Read Hisi Ali, @patb. There is a criminal divide in the Islamic community of where women stand... what other culture has clitoral mutilations, covers their women from head to toe, has the woman walk behind the man... You remarked that the treatment of women is a subject to be debated; I disagree wholly.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    And my original posts asked about the race of the alleged suspects.

I further commented that they should be hung by their toe nails; I was reacting to the act itself. I didn't, say in any post, that "these suspects" are guilty; I didn't make mention of the men captured on the video stills.

What I should have been clear on is: I would not be surprised if the guilty parties came from a specific religion/culture (my observations as followed in the above).
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 4,600
    " is there any news on what race these two animals were? "

you used the word "animals" rather than "alleged suspects" (they are not alleged suspects, they are suspects) and you asked what race they were. You accepted (tacitly) the info via another forum member that they were both Asain and happy to accept that (as it fitted your agenda) rather than read the article yourself. (did you read the article?)

The thread seemed happy to accept that both alleged rapists were Asian until corected by myself. Its all there in black and white.

Can we please stay on topic?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    anyone who rapes a child-- is an animal... That's actually an insult to the animal kingdom, so i retract that statement.

I have three children, two girls. My opinions on rape is that the guilty should be hung by their toe nails.

I didn't accept anything, but did respond with, and connected to, my lack of surprise if the guilty parties came from a certain culture/religion.

This culture/religion is responsible for mass rapes across Europe, and child sex rings in England.

This "rape culture" is a tentacle of the extreme nature of this culture/religion.

Please read my posts again-- I never once accepted, nor stated, the men in the video were the guilty parties. And clarified my position of why I was writing about the rape culture.

In fact, before you chimed in with an accusatory finger:

"So the thread has moved on from terrorism to Asian rapists?

I would hate this thread to turn into a metaphor for wider society where clarity of thought/debate is lost as the conversation turns into a racist rant about "animals", "hanging" etc. Pure Daily Mail guff.

This forum can do better than that,

back on track:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/jul/30/australian-police-foil-elaborate-plot-to-detonate-bomb-on-plane";

I was talking about hanging rapist-assholes by their toe nails! Read the posts again, my friend; it's all there, as you say.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    patb wrote: »
    More...

http://news.sky.com/story/one-killed-several-hurt-as-gunman-opens-fire-in-german-nightclub-10967274

Remember the "enough is enough" speech from T May a few months ago. Meaningless.

This one seems to be just a criminal, not a terrorist. They doný know yet though, got himself killed in the gunfight with police outside.
    "Detectives are searching for a suspect, described as a thick-set Asian man of about 5ft 6in with large biceps, in connection with the second attack. "

To be fair to previous posters, update from The Times
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Watch now, fact can be racist!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Woha, idiots! You'd think by now these people would take no risk and have a protocol for this.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Woha, idiots! You'd think by now these people would take no risk and have a protocol for this.

I don't know where you're from mate but in the UK the protocol is its better to let a terrorist go free than run the risk of accusations of being racist or Islamophobic.

I don't know where you're from mate but in the UK the protocol is its better to let a terrorist go free than run the risk of accusations of being racist or Islamophobic.

just on the other side of the canal. Thankfully we're not that bad yet, allthough those teutonics to our right seem t be inclined to do the same as you guys.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,690
    Barcelona: Van hits crowds in Ramblas tourist area

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40965581
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Barcelona: Van hits crowds in Ramblas tourist area

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40965581

Hmm I wonder what on earth could possibly be behind this? Guessing it's probably not some locals disgruntled at Real giving Barca a hiding last night.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited August 2017 Posts: 40,490
    It seems two men stormed a restaurant and have taken hostages, too. Not sure if they're the driver(s) of the van or separately working with them. The Daily Mail now lists four deaths so far.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    It seems two men stormed a restaurant and have taken hostages, too. Not sure if they're the driver(s) of the van or separately working with them. The Daily Mail now lists four deaths so far.

Whoever they are and whatever their motives, we must remember that we have to remain sympathetic to both them and their cause. To do otherwise is both politically and morally incorrect!
    Donald Trump would certainly endorse that!
    Getafix wrote: »

Curious if he feels "both sides" were responsible here, too.
    13 dead people now.

I was nearby yesterday, buying some things.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    13 dead people now.

@bigladiesman I'm glad you're safe.

• edited August 2017 Posts: 1,009
    stag wrote: »
    13 dead people now.

@bigladiesman I'm glad you're safe.

Thanks.

Updating the number of victims: official reports say 1 killed, 32 injured.

Media says 13 killed and an undetermined number of injured.

• edited August 2017 Posts: 170
    Getafix wrote: »

Western civilization is at war with Islamism. At the moment we are losing. The demographics are way against us. You're learnt about the powerful empires and civilizations that were lost. I am sure they were as complacent about it as we are now. We think the civilizations we build are indestructible. On the contrary they are fragile.
    Saw some eyewitness video in Barcelona. Terrible, wish I hadn't clicked on it. My thoughts are with the victims.
    Donald Trump would say that a white van means nothing and the people walking on the Ramblas were very aggressive too so they are too blame themselves. Both sides have bad people.
    Since they discovered that cars can be used as weapons they have taken this as an option to strike fear in our hearts. And it works very well as we blame everybody who is not Western because they have different ideas than us. Not sure if some loonies should be taken in consideration when we blame an entire group of people who believe in the same God.
    Another sad day in the world when assholes try their best to bring it down.
    There are countless different reports so it's hard to tell what's true and what's not, but apparently someone has opened fire on police in a second attack. Not sure if that involves the gunmen that entered the restaurant or not.
    The news gathering at this time does not give a clear image except the horrible movies shot after the incident.
    13 now reported dead due to a BBC News text I just received.

I have changed the title of the thread accordingly.
    Yes, I'm now seeing 13 dead, 50 injured, and a suspect in custody. I guess we'll have a clearer idea of what's going on in a few hours. I still haven't heard any updates on the hostage situation that was reported hours ago.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 1,009
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    There are countless different reports so it's hard to tell what's true and what's not, but apparently someone has opened fire on police in a second attack. Not sure if that involves the gunmen that entered the restaurant or not.

Not exactly.

A reckless driver in a van has tried to run over a policeman to avoid a control to find the attackers, but he was unrelated to the terrorists. It happened about 5 Km. away from Les Rambles.
    Fortunately the policeman has only sustained a foot injury.

On the other hand, the police are on negotiations with two terrorists that have barricaded themselves in a restaurant with two hostages.

There hasn't been a second attack at the moment.
    Nothing here either....looks like a media blackout for now.
This discussion has been closed.